Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-21-2019, 04:41 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
For those wondering about Allagast's recent streak of "better without Arcanist" builds, not 10 minutes' worth of theorycrafting yield a Purifier that also works better than Mage Hunter, clearing crucible (3/4b+vb) in 7 minutes: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZewwqQ2 (edit: whoops, forgot to fix vitality resistance)

It's not a polished build by any means, just something I threw together while working on feedback for the set. Just you watch, any day now someone will come up with an aether/lightning shadow strike infiltrator that also works better than TSS Allagast. :P
That actually looks interesting, thanks. Never try mortar trap though so I can't really picture how the gameplay are. I guess you can treat it as storm totem as it also kinda stationary. Your mortar trap still has unconverted fire damage though, so idk how effective they will be.

I have tried Allagast mage Hunter before, back in my newbie day:
https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69683
I start by focusing on lightning first, then I tried aether, then a mix of two. Never really succeeded and eventually give up.

At the end of the thread, I suggest that allagast to drop all the support for TSS and switch it to Aether Lightning Devastation instead. Dropping Devastation while mashing Stormbox button sounds good, yes? Unfortunately, it will be hard to realize now with the changes on star pact.

Never really see successful TSS build without trozan set aside from MammothHunter's.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:13 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
That actually looks interesting, thanks. Never try mortar trap though so I can't really picture how the gameplay are. I guess you can treat it as storm totem as it also kinda stationary. Your mortar trap still has unconverted fire damage though, so idk how effective they will be.
Effective enough, with such an amount of elemental RR. Mortar traps really pack a punch in Crucible. The times mentioned aren't theoretical, they're what I got in my 3 test runs; they were probably on the lucky side, but I dare say the average won't be higher than 7:30.

Quote:
At the end of the thread, I suggest that allagast to drop all the support for TSS and switch it to Aether Lightning Devastation instead. Dropping Devastation while mashing Stormbox button sounds good, yes?
Not to me, it doesn't. :P

It's really a matter of taste. I find Storm Box + TSS to be some of the most enjoyable caster gameplay in GD; I definitely wouldn't want to drop TSS from Allagast. The concept is perfectly salvageable, it just needs some attention.

Tags
allagast, cyclone, lightning, storm box of elgoloth, vindicator