Old 05-18-2019, 12:40 AM
Initiate

Default Paladin question

iWhen I picked inquisitor as my second class, it was because the thought of being a paladin sounded cool. In hindsight I probably should have actually looked at the skills available. My goal was to build a melee fire build but I'm realising that inquisitor doesn't seem to have a whole lot to support that. I checked the builds I saw here but they all seem to be either casters or aura builds.

Is it viable to do a fire paladin melee build or should I just restart the character and choose something else? I'm only level 20 so it's not a big pain to restart, though it would be somewhat tedious.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:46 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brids17 View Post
iWhen I picked inquisitor as my second class, it was because the thought of being a paladin sounded cool. In hindsight I probably should have actually looked at the skills available. My goal was to build a melee fire build but I'm realising that inquisitor doesn't seem to have a whole lot to support that. I checked the builds I saw here but they all seem to be either casters or aura builds.

Is it viable to do a fire paladin melee build or should I just restart the character and choose something else? I'm only level 20 so it's not a big pain to restart, though it would be somewhat tedious.
Inquisitor don't have specific melee skills,but is the single best class for support,so you can definitely create melee RF Paladin.Depends though what weapon you have and how much attack speed you can muster.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:01 AM
Speaker

Yea that's interesting, most of the Paladins in Build Compendium are Aura/Caster.
It seems could still get some useful skills from Inquisitor though... Word of Renewal line, Deadly Aim, Inquisitor Seal... even if not a caster could still drop a Rune of Kalastor at your feet I suppose to blow up when enemies get near. The combo of Deadly Aim + Steely Resolve + Arcane Empowerment seems really strong plus whatever Oathkeeper buffs.
83 Reaper | 65 Conjurer | 60 Pyromancer | 43 Templar | 50 Paladin | 55 Warlord | 77 Oppressor | 40 Battlemage | 67 Blademaster | 84 Cabalist | 100 Elementalist | 77 Vindicator | 51 Witchblade | 69 Mage Hunter | 100 Sorceress
Old 05-18-2019, 01:44 AM
Herald

Paladin has a lot to support Fire melee: a heal, the best aura/toggle in the game with RR and damage reduction, inquisitor seal for damage reduction, nice racial bonuses etc, good OA/DA, some flat physical. The only thing missing is attack speed.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:21 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzzzz View Post
Paladin has a lot to support Fire melee: a heal, the best aura/toggle in the game with RR and damage reduction, inquisitor seal for damage reduction, nice racial bonuses etc, good OA/DA, some flat physical. The only thing missing is attack speed.
You're right,but no attack speed is big deal for melee and also no Wps for melee,no movement skill,although with medal augments you don't need one.Demo have attack speed bonus,OA ,DA and flat fire,also you can use mandate for crit damage and slow,but mines...
Old 05-18-2019, 03:16 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nery View Post
You're right,but no attack speed is big deal for melee and also no Wps for melee,no movement skill,although with medal augments you don't need one.Demo have attack speed bonus,OA ,DA and flat fire,also you can use mandate for crit damage and slow,but mines...
Inqui is not the best for sure, but WPS and movement skills are provided by Oathkeeper.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Speaker

While inquisitor is not the best for fire melee, he is far from worst choise. Best skills of inquisitor is universal. Deadly aim, Word of Renewal, Inquisitor seal, Aura of Censure is fantastic for any game style. Paladin can be melee fighter, ranged gunner, caster and be at a very least decent with any of them.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Initiate

Oathkeeper has good farm-able MI items that convert their skills to full elemental damage which benefits from Inquisiter's Aura and buff, I think it's a pretty comfortable class combo to level with. Even the (also farm-able) Vanquisher set work pretty well for a shield Paladin, it makes Vire's Might a low cooldown fire nuke skill.

Tags
paladin