Old 05-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstalix View Post
Come on guys the game is playable without the mod
no it is not
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockenGerda View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm lying in bed since monday with a cold and can barely look out of my eyes.
I hope to feel better on Friday or Saturday and then I'll try to update my tool. Please be patient! Thank you!
no worry. rest and Git well.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:04 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahl View Post
Rollback works! I'd recommend this for people wanting to play the game till GI is updated.
I can't get it to work. I downloaded the manifest from the patch 7 days ago and then I copied the folder it downloaded into my grim dawn install folder but when I launch the game it's still v1.1.2.4. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I took today off from work to play and I never get days off and now I'm super bummed out.

edit: Ok I got it to go to version 1.1.2.3 but GrimInternals is still saying wrong file size.
edit2: I got it to work. I wasn't patient enough downloading and didn't let it complete.

Last edited by Shillen; 05-16-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twillidan View Post
First of all a huge thank you to Glocken for making and updating GI. For me it manage to take this game from about 30 hours played really trying to love the game to having spent over 350 hours on this game with no plans of stopping any time soon. You might very well have made this my new favorite game.

I did not realize just how needed this mod is until the 1.1.2.0 patch came out and I was playing the game without GI while waiting for an update. I was close to saying and buying the game+dlcs again on GOG as they support patch roll back, so that I could use the mod again. But your insanely fast update to the mod kept me from doing so.

Now we have another hotfix for the game out and I started thinking about buying it on GOG again, until I found this guide on how to rollback to a older patch on steam. I figure a lot of other people would find it helpful as well.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1086279994
Following this guide I was able to downgrade to v1.1.2.3 (Hotfix 3) And keep playing.

Note: the download can take some time and be a few gig in same cases, just wait until steam stops reporting Network usage before you copy the files to your install

TLDR: Huge thank you to Glocken! The following link is a guide for how to do a patch rollback for games on steam, you can use this to go back to a version where GI works if steam auto updated the game for you.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1086279994
Note 100% sure if this is correct but here it is anyway put it into the console
download_depot 219990 219991 8012914827834544052

edit worked for me

Last edited by Truh; 05-16-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
I can't get it to work. I downloaded the manifest from the patch 7 days ago and then I copied the folder it downloaded into my grim dawn install folder but when I launch the game it's still v1.1.2.4. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I took today off from work to play and I never get days off and now I'm super bummed out.

edit: Ok I got it to go to version 1.1.2.3 but GrimInternals is still saying wrong file size.
You have to reinstall GI.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truh View Post
Note 100% sure if this is correct but here it is anyway put it into the console
download_depot 219990 219991 8012914827834544052
Looks right!
Old 05-16-2019, 01:25 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm lying in bed since monday with a cold and can barely look out of my eyes.
I hope to feel better on Friday or Saturday and then I'll try to update my tool. Please be patient! Thank you!
Get well, take your time recovering.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:30 PM
Speaker

Get well ... Glocky
Old 05-16-2019, 03:50 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Aww, hope you feel better soon!

We can always revert back to 1.1.2.3, tho steam doesn't make it a smooth process
Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Concentrate on getting better Glocky and ignore these wimps who claim they can't play the game without GI. A little hard work won't kill them and they'll appreciate your efforts even more once you've done the update.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Initiate

Quote:

I feel your pain! I’ve been dealing with a cold/upper respiratory infection since Friday. Get some rest and hope you feel better! I touched it out until Tuesday before going to the doctor for meds and I’m starting to feel better. This weather doesn’t help!

Tags
zantai is a nerd