Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > News and Update Info

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancealot1974 View Post
These little updates are killing me Homes! (my arthritic fingers anyway), most of us old timers run grim internals for quality of life (old in sense of as a kick-starter, have hundreds of hours and just in general i'm old)
I'm old as dirt myself, but I don't mind fixes like this. That's just being responsible to the players who need them to play, and what more devs should be doing post-release. At least it wasn't another 're-balance/buff/nerf/change items or skills and confuse the hell out of me' patch. Also Grim Internals wasn't affected, so yeah, this is a good thing.

Edit: Just tried to start up right now, and GI is indeed not working. Sorry, but Steam installed the update last night, and GI was working as per normal then. Apparently not now.

Last edited by hedgewitch; 05-16-2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: wrong info
Old 05-16-2019, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgewitch View Post
I'm old as dirt myself, but I don't mind fixes like this. That's just being responsible to the players who need them to play, and what more devs should be doing post-release. At least it wasn't another 're-balance/buff/nerf/change items or skills and confuse the hell out of me' patch. Also Grim Internals wasn't affected, so yeah, this is a good thing.
It wasn't? So why is everyone else complaining it doesn't work now after the update?
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:50 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancealot1974 View Post
These little updates are killing me Homes! (my arthritic fingers anyway), most of us old timers run grim internals for quality of life (old in sense of as a kick-starter, have hundreds of hours and just in general i'm old)
Sorry but you speak for yourself, I've never used GI and I'm old in all terms
Old 05-16-2019, 03:28 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
It wasn't? So why is everyone else complaining it doesn't work now after the update?
Sorry Medea--I updated last night via Steam dl and GI worked fine, but this morning it is doing the "wrong file size" thing. Don't know why it worked okay last night, but yes, now it is messed up till GlGertie gets well, I guess.

Last edited by hedgewitch; 05-16-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgewitch View Post
Sorry Medea--I updated last night via Steam dl and GI worked fine, but this morning it is doing the "wrong file size" thing. Don't know why it worked okay last night, but yes, now it is messed up till GlGertie gets well.
There was another update this morning.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
There was another update this morning.
Okay, that explains it. Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:00 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
I waited for hotfix 4, now I shall wait for hotfix 5... Or another patch.
Quote yourself is fun. What about hotfix eternity.
That would solve your problem and auto fix any potential in-game bugs for a life time.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:04 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaildor View Post
Quote yourself is fun. What about hotfix eternity.
That would solve your problem and auto fix any potential in-game bugs for a life time.
Hotfix 6 will be Grim Dawn II

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:14 AM
Initiate

As of the latest hotfix, I can no longer use right analog stick on xbox 1 gamepad to change pages on the Illusionist.

Starting with 1.1.2.0 gamepad support went from collossally worse, to mostly better with a minor issues, to now just slightly worse. It's wearing me down. I don't want to be a beta tester.

Edit: Also have a strange bug to report that I can't reproduce intentionally as of yet. On a session earlier today, I would no longer get any tooltips when I would mouse over equipped gear. In order to see the stats on equipped items I had to unequip them or mouse over an item in inventory for the compare tooltip. I was going to report it but I restarted the game and the equipped-gear tooltips came back so I moved on. Just now, within a few seconds of applying an augment to an equipped ring, it happened again. I restarted the game again and removed and reapplied the augment and could not reproduce it. I don't know what other conditions might be necessary in order to cause this to happen, but wanted to leave the report in case it may be helpful.

Last edited by BeltaLowda; 05-17-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:47 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltaLowda View Post
As of the latest hotfix, I can no longer use right analog stick on xbox 1 gamepad to change pages on the Illusionist.

Starting with 1.1.2.0 gamepad support went from collossally worse, to mostly better with a minor issues, to now just slightly worse. It's wearing me down. I don't want to be a beta tester.

Edit: Also have a strange bug to report that I can't reproduce intentionally as of yet. On a session earlier today, I would no longer get any tooltips when I would mouse over equipped gear. In order to see the stats on equipped items I had to unequip them or mouse over an item in inventory for the compare tooltip. I was going to report it but I restarted the game and the equipped-gear tooltips came back so I moved on. Just now, within a few seconds of applying an augment to an equipped ring, it happened again. I restarted the game again and removed and reapplied the augment and could not reproduce it. I don't know what other conditions might be necessary in order to cause this to happen, but wanted to leave the report in case it may be helpful.
I have a same bug sometimes, but it happens radomly :/