Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2019, 02:42 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisuprobe View Post
oh look here another gdstasher that got triggered and miss the point. which part of zantai statement eluded you again?
Again means there were first time.And I didn't miss the point,cause your comment again is pointless.Everyone is entitled to play channeling build without disruption,but topic is completely different.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM
Advocate

i dont know seriously what you guys talking about...

there are 3 itmes available in game for disruption resist. 3 3 3 threeeeee
and you dont wanna use eternal band for cyclone build
spellsage boots are decent cant be used for cyclone, ultra meh for casters cause you def want trap stun slow res from boots first then disruption rers
arcane harmony legs is best option we have now, and this is sad thing for GD itemization variety.
i am more concerned about availablity of items being 3 and outside of blind sage no disrupt resist on tree. and blind sage like i said is ultra costly and maybe %2-3 of nice builds would love to use it.

@norzan

most of the time in crucible and narrow sr paths , posion pools disrupt you and
1- you cant use DE, AAR , Cyclone when you get disrupted
2- you cant use mobility spells

and this problem occurs more than you think or experienced trust me, disruption is nothing different than stun.. it locks your ability around 1 sec, and you get overwhelmed by mobs, cant walk pass and hardly stay alive.
all these builds mostly rely on leech these days, if you cant spam AAR you cant leech you might die. and you cant have all defences in 1 char so maybe you dont have giants blood, ghoul , motd to back you up and such.

as i see, either you have limited experience with channeling spells in gd to more extend,
play AAR/DE in crucible + SR enough and lets discuss this later..

and MOST important thing is, you dont build defences in arpg for just sake of building them.. like i said if its not important REMOVE it from game problem solved 4head, right?
you build disruption res on these char INCASE you get disrupted in 1 nasty spot and you die. every CC res in arpgs and defensive layer works this way cause GD is not all about flowers and sunshines mobs main power is their CC.

like all other CC Resist you build or have to build disruption res in situation like
'what if i get disrupted' 'what if i get stunned'

w/e

@Bisuprobe

sorry but i cant take you serious.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Praetorian

Skill Disruption resistance will NOT help you against poison pools because they are 90% of the enemy skills that cause it. And you have to get out of them even with 80%, effectively rendering skill disruption resistance nearly pointless. The time to get out of the pool is enough for the disruption to end because it lasts one second.

The only dangerous enemy in the game where this resistance actually matters is Grava and it's on his Blitz. Which you can bait him to do it and have him whiff it.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Skill Disruption resistance will NOT help you against poison pools because they are 90% of the enemy skills that cause it. And you have to get out of them even with 80%, effectively rendering skill disruption resistance nearly pointless. The time to get out of the pool is enough for the disruption to end because it lasts one second.

The only dangerous enemy in the game where this resistance actually matters is Grava and it's on his Blitz. Which you can bait him to do it and have him whiff it.
ty for this info and you wrote it 2 times already so i will never forget.

pretty usefull info for new players like me who has 100 hours gd playtime.

can you also share some gtools monster database aswell so i can learn more.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:55 PM
Supporter

we've been talking about this on stream. +1 from me
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelgodstoya View Post

Here

https://grimtools.com/monsterdb/
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelgodstoya View Post

Sarcasm is not gonna do you any favors if you want anyone to take you seriously.

And yes, i have used all channeling skills and skill disruption didn't helped much. Because, for the third time, you'll get disrupted anyway if you stay on the poison pools, making skill disruption resistance pretty much pointless.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Champion

Quote:
Sarcasm is not gonna do you any favors if you want anyone to take you seriously.

And yes, i have used all channeling skills and skill disruption didn't helped much. Because, for the third time, you'll get disrupted anyway if you stay on the poison pools, making skill disruption resistance pretty much pointless.
I'll add something from my own experience. I've never gotten disrupted for more than 2 seconds, and only few bosses have it, aside of venom pools which disrupt you for like a second. If you're playing Crucible, you won't experience anything like this, and if you're playing SR, you can easily shred your enemies before they cast it again.

There are few items which allow you to mitigate it, but even if you mitigate it, it'll either be a waste of time or won't help at all, as you can have up to 80% of this resistance. Even an Aether Cluster grants it, so I don't think we need that stat in devotions (I'd never focus on getting it anyway).

Skill disruption items: https://grimtools.com/db/search?quer...&exact_match=0
Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
thnx a lot mate

Quote:
hmm, all these condom 12years old jokes,gdstash insults are ok but my sarcasm is bad

SUREEEEEEEEEE

i am not only person who is complaining and having issues about it, many other players faced this problem and complain about solutions are limited.
and we would like to have more OPTIONs in devotion tree and items. thats it.

and as you and zantai said, if its not important either remove this CC from mobs completely or remove from items : problem solved..

i am not a programmer or something but how hard to add %15-20 disrupt res on 2 devotions can be so hard.. it doesnt seem so hard to me, but i might be wrong.

and last and most importantly, i really dont care if you take my words or other players feedback seriously..
about to fly away from this topic to swim in my poison disruption pool.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Supporter

It always amazes me how stubborn some people can be.

Like do you really care that fucking much about request for more niche CC resist. Is this really worthy to engage in this pointless discussion?

It's not like OP suggesting to remove all CC res and change it to skill disrupt. He asking to EXPAND available options. Literally what the fuck is wrong with that?

Anyway I agree with OP, still remember how this nice piece of game design https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/128/skills throw his cheeky flashbang on my SR run. Since SR is hero fiesta I didn't saw him, but skill disrupt for 6 seconds was really fun and engaging.