Old 05-16-2019, 08:39 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokarr View Post
What's being a primordial these days when mortals can kill it at level 20?
If you tell Mordrogen from AoM cave that you killed Korvaak, he first don't believe that and later tell that you were just a conduit for "this cowards". Basically it witch gods who killed Korvaak using you as a proxy conduit xD
Old 05-16-2019, 03:09 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkinaz View Post
If you tell Mordrogen from AoM cave that you killed Korvaak, he first don't believe that and later tell that you were just a conduit for "this cowards". Basically it witch gods who killed Korvaak using you as a proxy conduit xD
I can see that considering Korvaak's death animation, but I do think you weakened him enough to the point where the witch gods can step in. (Still hate the witch gods though.)

I am with Mordrogen on that. Also doing forgotten gods after act 1 makes no sense to me, I'm just going to drop all that I am doing to help out a weird random stranger standing in a magical circle?

Last edited by shinros; 05-16-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:59 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinros View Post
I can see that considering Korvaak's death animation, but I do think you weakened him enough to the point where the witch gods can step in. (Still hate the witch gods though.)

I am with Mordrogen on that. Also doing forgotten gods after act 1 makes no sense to me, I'm just going to drop all that I am doing to help out a weird random stranger standing in a magical circle?
Given their fear of confronting Korvak directly, I got the impression that if they attacked him directly with their eldritch realm powers he would have been able to do something like power drain them, hence why they needed a pawn to weaken him first.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:06 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokarr View Post
What's being a primordial these days when mortals can kill it at level 20?
Rich coming from a guy who wears leveling gear. Maybe try upgrading your armor so builds don't kill you in 6 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post

So I noticed a lot of people calling Callagadra a 'she'. Is there some proof for that? Last I checked the only info about the boss comes from the dropped helmet. Or is it just the 'a' latin declination logic there?
The latter.

Speaking of Callie, her lore is crap. I hope they fix it. The entire point of Superbosses was that they had a quite a bit of lore and build-up to them. This boss has lesser build up than Kyzogg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke82 View Post
She's a bitch to kill, that's probably why ;p
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinros View Post

Would have made more sense if the content got accessible after the Order or Kymon Honored quest. But it would have been unfair to casual players. Not to mention people who think the game is already big enough would have gotten burnt out real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krossbow View Post
hence why they needed a pawn to weaken him first.
Spot on, if you notice that before the fight you can see the thrones brimming with power of The Three but when Korvaak steps in all three thrones start channeling his power. Even while chained he was able to influence the beasts of Korvan Basin and have his minions invade Bysmiel's playground.

Also I am still not clear about Ketan'Thunn -

1. He is creepily standing at a corner like he is jacking off and doesn't react to your presence for a good amount of time. What was he doing.

2. He is literally the only chthonian out there, you'd think he would have at least summoned a small rift to the void to summon help.

3. If he doesn't need any help then why is he so quick to go down. Inashkor gave me a harder time. If this guy is supposed to be the void's only response to Korvaak's return then I'd say he should have been much more powerful.

Would have been better if we would have found some cultists next to a portal and when your enter the rift you are greeted by some chthonians and at the end of it you meet Ketan'Thunn.

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 PM
Champion

About Ketan'Thunn:

Bloodsworn Manuscript
Spoiler!

I wonder if they were defeated by Uroboruuk or Kymon's/Korvaak's Chosen.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:19 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
I wonder if they were defeated by Uroboruuk or Kymon's/Korvaak's Chosen.
Could be a bit of both tbh. When I first read it I thought the small party of chthonians that went to investigate the power in the Korvan Basin got defeated and summoned this guy with the blood they could salvage. But the note hypes him up decently, you'd think the being that they bet on to defeat Korvaak would be a little more than a creep standing in the corner like a perver

I was puzzled as to why he did not call forth more beings. Also there is that Eldirtch Sandclaw Razortrix that you find in the void as a part of Solael's quest.
What is an Eldritch creature doing in a void surrounded by Ryloks.

These two creatures intrigue me from a lore pov.

--------
Mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
discussion, lore, yo quiero taco bell