Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Champion

I rebuilt all my old sorcs with gdstash, they're kind of pointless now. After two dozen or so level 100 characters made the hard way I don't need to do that yet again honestly.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:51 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
I rebuilt all my old sorcs with gdstash, they're kind of pointless now. After two dozen or so level 100 characters made the hard way I don't need to do that yet again honestly.
I agree. After more than a dozen completed level 100 builds, I no longer have the enthusiasm to go through the leveling process again. Making a new class combo that rehashes a style I've played for years just doesn't excite me. I only feel enthusiasm if it legitimately offers a new style of play I haven't done before. (I still haven't made an OK combo since I've been updating all my old chars to FG)

I think I'll go with the respec option. I'll just rationalize in my head that my sorc's experience in the shattered and eldritch realms has opened her mind to expanded knowledge and new possibilities of self-improvement. Those self-improvements mean abandoning her Gildam Arcanum teachings for the ways of the oathkeeper.

Thanks for all your inputs!
Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 PM
Initiate

This thread tickled my mind...

I use GDStash for stash purpose (ok YES, i have added a "few" components/augments along the way) but tend to stay away from tanpering with exp/lvl or adding items to a chat that I have not found at one point.

I'd love to see this kind of feature ingame, be it via NPC or "quest" or whatever.
I do have a bunch of old chars from pre AoM era that are practically useless but for some reason I cannot get myself to "GDStash 'em" into something else

Hypocrite? I think so
Old 05-18-2019, 02:35 AM
Initiate

I don't see any harm in it. I've done it myself a couple times with GD defiler. I think it's highly unlikely it would make it into the game, but it'd be cool if it did.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:55 AM
Campaigner

In the current state and age of the game it would be quite value adding and beneficial for the average player (like myself).

I have a vanilla Battlemage, Sorc, Warlock, 2x Witchblades and Elementalist who mostly are totally useless nowadays - the best you can make them would be comparable to a fraction of the fluidity & power of another combo.

I dont want to relevel with the same gameplay style (lets be honest not that many different ways to level overall from purely mechanical perspective) and it would be fair:

1 mastery re-roll per character allowed (maybe as a reward for beating Ultimate).