Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Is there really a need to keep bumping this up?

Yes, a spawn point is rolled when the session begins, so the game already knew where he was going to spawn. When you kill Ekket'Zul, you fulfill a condition that is checked for when the spawn is actually dispensed.
Yes it was kind of needed, because I thought that if you didn't kill Ekket, he won't spawn until you kill Ekket and reload your character. Now that you confirmed my assumptions I can sleep peacefully. Thanks.

Also, another reason of bumping is the fact that if you take a quest where you have to kill something that spawns in an area you explored THIS session, it doesn't spawn (bounties*, probably not all of them, even), while quest bosses that spawn the same way (Barrowholm questline, for Ravager) DO spawn even if you've already explored a particular location this session.

*Don't know if this was changed to make them spawn all the time, haven't actually bothered checking for like over a year.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:19 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Is there really a need to keep bumping this up?

Yes, a spawn point is rolled when the session begins, so the game already knew where he was going to spawn. When you kill Ekket'Zul, you fulfill a condition that is checked for when the spawn is actually dispensed.
Thank you Z, I have no idea about this. It's good to learn things about GD everyday.

---------Problem solved
It happened to me many many times until I lack of interest hunting him.
My guess is he did spawn and the location somehow is out of our visible range like red dot below, or even worse underground.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Void's Edge.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	22424  

Last edited by Gaildor; 05-17-2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: add quote