Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-09-2019, 01:25 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmt View Post
Updated with current patch
My game is updated and still often encounter nasty thing in boss room , also the aggro range is still insane for me
Old 05-09-2019, 05:24 AM
Champion

Still wearing those Irrah's Venomtongue augments, I see... I think it was mentioned by someone already: Rotgut Venoms are identical but give energy regen on top %dmg and da. Yugol pools, Guardians, Blade Spirits, these are player pets. The don't get those bonuses from Irrah.

Sorry, man, one more thing I gotta say (it's a compulsion). Isn't Smite straight up DPS loss? It always hits with one hand, doesn't it? So, upon dropping Smite, on those empty 20% wps pool you still have 50% to hit with both weapons (a regular dw attack). Smite makes you always hit with one weapon in the 20% of your wps pool. I don't know if this makes sense...

Last edited by ya_; 05-09-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Speaker

hi
is this build survive after new patch? tnx a lot.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Still wearing those Irrah's Venomtongue augments, I see... I think it was mentioned by someone already: Rotgut Venoms are identical but give energy regen on top %dmg and da. Yugol pools, Guardians, Blade Spirits, these are player pets. The don't get those bonuses from Irrah.

Sorry, man, one more thing I gotta say (it's a compulsion). Isn't Smite straight up DPS loss? It always hits with one hand, doesn't it? So, upon dropping Smite, on those empty 20% wps pool you still have 50% to hit with both weapons (a regular dw attack). Smite makes you always hit with one weapon in the 20% of your wps pool. I don't know if this makes sense...
I'm not a man
Smite hits with two hands
Build doesn't have energy problem, so it isn't necessary to change augment, but to minmax, sure, change this

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00bWarrior View Post
hi
is this build survive after new patch? tnx a lot.
Yes, it's still very powerfull
Old 05-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmt View Post
Nice try, but: no crit damage, less weapon damage as well as attack speed. And why this gloves?
I grabbed the gloves to cap chaos resist and for the attack speed. As I said - I know it's less offensive than your build, but how are you running around without any base stun reduction or capped resists?

The cool down on serenity is too long to count on, and without resilience you're floating around 2900 DA which to me is right on the border of too low.

Not really criticizing, just trying to understand how it performs without checking some of the boxes we've been checking since crucible rolled out.

e; also with the patch I actually nudged a little closer to your build - switching the ring and gloves out. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkokEqN

Still much more focused on defense

Last edited by Wylker; 05-09-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylker View Post
I grabbed the gloves to cap chaos resist and for the attack speed. As I said - I know it's less offensive than your build, but how are you running around without any base stun reduction or capped resists?

The cool down on serenity is too long to count on, and without resilience you're floating around 2900 DA which to me is right on the border of too low.

Not really criticizing, just trying to understand how it performs without checking some of the boxes we've been checking since crucible rolled out.

e; also with the patch I actually nudged a little closer to your build - switching the ring and gloves out. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkokEqN

Still much more focused on defense
Damage output will be too low, your WPS pool 72%, less base damage and crit damage
This build isn't about tanking, it's about killing enemies while your safe abilities is up. Sometimes you may face such combos that noone can tank. In such case the only way is to kill 1-2 enemies during ghoul and then cluster
Old 05-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Supporter

Here is Cruci run with new patch
Old 05-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Initiate

Will you add a proper leveling section?
What skills to use for aoe while leveling? What boss skills?

What devotion path etc etc. Physical , cunning in points?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Will you add a proper leveling section?
What skills to use for aoe while leveling? What boss skills?

What devotion path etc etc. Physical , cunning in points?

Thanks
I'm going to add leveling section in a couple of days
Old 05-12-2019, 03:58 AM
Initiate

Default help improve build

I came back to GD to play the new expansion and choose your build since it looked very similar to a instaleech facetank bosskiller I played in poe. However, I am now running into trouble with survivability (or I guess dmg since more dmg=more leech=more survive).

I know my gear is pretty bad but I am currently farming cronley, warden, twin falls and SoT all on elite for gear. I can clear cronley, warden, and twin falls on ultimate but nemesis spawn means insta-abort since it chases you forever and I am no where near being able to kill fabius or almost any other nemesis ultimate. I managed to beat aspirant 150. Haven't tried pushing in challenger crucible but I doubt i can get much further than 100 consistently. I have all factions nearly maxed out but I can only kill elite nemesis, not all.

Anyway, I am mainly looking for feedback on skill point distribution as I've tried to follow your lvl 100 character's distribution without any gear but I obviously have WAY less dmg and survivability so I'm sure I have a lot to improve there. Also, I would like to know if there's any easily attainable gear that would be an upgrade. For example, some faction gear (since I have almost al maxed out) or perhaps changing around augments or components. I rushed through the leveling process as fast as possible (with lokhar set and clarity) because I absolutely hate leveling in grim dawn (doing the same thing 3 times). So I will probably hit up all the one shot ultimate chests since those give some decent loot i think

anyway, here is grimtools for my current build:https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqlXw9V

Last edited by AlexOwnzAll; 05-13-2019 at 05:07 AM. Reason: upgraded build a bit

Tags
acid poison, dervish, dual wield, venomblade