Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegksd View Post
SO? i quit this game
So? 10chars
Old 05-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by toapeiron View Post
Yep, this whole patch preview was a disaster. Just a bunch of min-maxer whining because they won't be able of faceroll SR 65. It's "If I can't beat Crucible 151-170 in less than 7 minutes is shit ballance" all over again.
You have to admit though it is quite entertaining reading all the comments here

Can't say Crate is not providing all around Entertainment! GD patch preview is fast becoming an art form, if not already.

Still waiting for the patch so guess I will lurk around here for a bit longer lol.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Praetorian

Ptiro the next time you feel like being a dick on the forum please leave me out of it.

1. I have no more control over the direction of balance than you do. Z either agrees with a suggestion/feedback or he doesn't.
2. Lots of people are stoked about the game's endgame. Lots aren't. Can't please the whole community, ever. You think GD is so easy? You should play with more newbies. Sure GD is easy after you learn it... But most arpgs are even easier.
3. I've long advocated for harder content. Difficulty and build diversity struggle to coexist well. With crucible and SR existing I am resigned to let players have more clear speed/power than I personally would choose for the game.
4. I personally just like to see things more relative in their end game state. I've advocated for bringing trash buffs, and bringing top tier stuff nerfs. The community seems deadset on 7 minute crucible time and SR50+ so at this point I'm just working around a compromise. Any thing you see about me scoping out things for potential buffs is just so they perform more relatively close to the gear above them. If the top end was drastically toned down id be fine with that too. I just don't want the difference between one item and another to be that of never use vs OP.
5. Changes have occurred that I wasn't a fan of. I don't go online searching for who I perceive to have influenced it and single them out. I try to make the best with whatever comes.

Quote:
Yep, this whole patch preview was a disaster. Just a bunch of min-maxer whining because they won't be able to faceroll SR 65. It's "If I can't beat Crucible 151-170 in less than 7 minutes is shit ballance" all over again.
I agree with the sentiment though the majority of min maxers I personally know are mostly pleased as heck with these patch notes.

Indeed from my point of view more SR middle+ builds are being enabled while some of the faceroll ones at the top are getting clipped back. I don't understand the hyperbole here sometimes.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 110
World First Slayer of Callagadra
World First Slayer of FG secret boss
World First all achievements unlocked

Last edited by adoomgod; 05-06-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Supporter

Any info on the changes to the The Clairvoyant's Focus set? Looking for a new AAR build around this.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Cornucopia team influence is hurting the game a lot.
If me telling Zantai to do something and him telling me "No" is hurting the game, I'll take that as a compliment, thanks!
Old 05-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Herald

Quote:
I agree with the sentiment though the majority of min maxers I personally know are mostly pleased as heck with these patch notes.
Really fair point. So I see myself definitely not as Min/Maxer (too slow, too old to even beat Crucible with a finished build; only time I got it was with DA-Meta) but I look up a lot of builds.

I can´t understand how it can be said that less builds are posted because nerfs. Heck, go through the patchnotes and search for "increase(d)".

Just one example:
Will have a look at Youtube for Shoot2033 next video after the patch. He (she?) plays a Bleeding Trickster, too. He or she now beats SR 75 and Crucible in 06:XX minutes. How will this build perform after major buffs to:

- Bloodrager´s
- Shaman
- Nightblade
- Devotions (if she/he uses the same specc, more Crit for the build)
- CC resist via Blacksmiths

Yeah, #moreandmorebuildsaredead.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
Ptiro the next time you feel like being a dick on the forum please leave me out of it.

1. I have no more control over the direction of balance than you do. Z either agrees with a suggestion/feedback or he doesn't.
2. Lots of people are stoked about the games endgame. Lots aren't. You think GD is so easy? You should play with more newbies. Sure GD is easy after you learn it... But most arpgs are even easier.
3. I've long advocated for harder content. Difficulty and build diversity struggle to coexist well. With crucible and SR existing I am resigned to let players have more clear speed/power than I personally would choose for the game.
4. I personally just like to see things more relative in their end game state. I've advocated for bringing trash buffs, and bringing top tier stuff nerfs. The community seems deadset on 7 minute crucible time and SR50+ so at this point I'm just working around a compromise.
5. Changes have occurred that I wasn't a fan of. I don't go online searching for who I perceive to have influenced it and single them out. I try to make the best with whatever comes.

I agree with the sentiment though most min maxers I personally know are mostly pleased as heck with these patch notes.

Indeed from my point of view more SR middle+ builds are being enabled while some of the faceroll ones at the top are getting clipped back. I don't understand the hyperbole here sometimes.
Since when providing negative feedback is called "being a dick" .
1.Okay, that was wrong from my side. Sry
2.There is a huge difference between easy and lack of gameplay. Right now the action component is headed toward assault of creeps with build numbers and ramming content . And its in worse state that ever.
3.Judging from SR Crate has a weird vision on "hard" content. And how difficulty should work.

4.I heard that the game was never intended to be balanced around Crucible as this is optional mode. Yet, we all can feel the negative impact of "balancing" around crucible in vanilla. Once SR are out its even worse, cause in SR player skill matter even less that in Crucible.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Herald

Quote:
Yep, this whole patch preview was a disaster. Just a bunch of min-maxer whining because they won't be able to faceroll SR 65. It's "If I can't beat Crucible 151-170 in less than 7 minutes is shit ballance" all over again.
Min-maxers are not whining,because of their style they will find ways to build new chars,that are able to clear SR 75 and quick Crucible runs.I think one of the reasons for constant balancing changes in patches is to keep players brainstorming new builds and new ideas
Old 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzzzz View Post
Another interesting change that hasn't been discussed: I'm no DEE expert, but that new vitality to acid conversion on the Dreeg Set will help, won't it ?
It looks like it could prompt some fun stuff. I theorized a few ideas with Dreeg set with the patch preview, including a dreeg + deathguard NHH Witchblade. Even as a caster set, it is very squishy and ofc doesn't have attack speed, but with new changes to some devotions (Revenant, Scales)...there could be some fun there.

TBC with patch, though.

As for caster DEE spam - the line is inherently clunky, though - so doubtful it will change much there.

__________________________________________________ __

And a side pet peeve:

Replies to a post that contains a meme (image, video, or whatnot) that repost the same meme are just as annoying as the few posters who quoted the entire patch notes! That is also as lazy and interrupting for the thread.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammyhamster1 View Post
As for caster DEE spam - the line is inherently clunky, though - so doubtful it will change much there.
PRM is the elemental/aether little sister and is in good shape. Too bad DEE can't compete. I'll try it anyway, who knows ?