Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-04-2019, 05:59 AM
Lord Advocate

Nice build as always ‘stoya.

Was reading your thing on tanking up, and have a question:
- I feel like my blightlord mortar shieldbreaker meets a lot of your requirements in terms of tankiness, but I found that I still needed to kite, especially in SR. Am I missing anything mate?

- I also found kiting to be pretty decent. The trick was to zig-zag back and forth around the same spot. That way you are still creating distance from monsters, while somewhat keeping them in the same spot.

- seeing that you can so rapidly resummon new mortars, was there a noticeable DPS increase from being able to constantly use the big one?

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
I will wait a few weeks until I GD-stash.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
Nice build as always ‘stoya.

Was reading your thing on tanking up, and have a question:
- I feel like my blightlord mortar shieldbreaker meets a lot of your requirements in terms of tankiness, but I found that I still needed to kite, especially in SR. Am I missing anything mate?

- I also found kiting to be pretty decent. The trick was to zig-zag back and forth around the same spot. That way you are still creating distance from monsters, while somewhat keeping them in the same spot.

- seeing that you can so rapidly resummon new mortars, was there a noticeable DPS increase from being able to constantly use the big one?
i hope its not of your classic sarcastic trolling thing but i read your guide again, and watched crucible videos twice

first of all your blightlord build made me take a look at my crafted build page forgotten gods, i made small templates of builds that i wanna test and i see unfinished weird mortar trap build. so your build give me glimpse of hope that mortar can be good &enjoyable playstyle wise. your build look solid to me i didnt see many things to improve. considering blightlord getting buff for next patch your build is huge success to me, you show us great build with totally weird set can be viable in crucible. cause blightlord is huge mess as set imo lol

i didnt play your build, i dont know in game stats and how playstyle feels&works and such but ill try my best. and i diont think its good idea to compare these 2 builds cause they are way too different ;

1- your build prolly has min 300 to 500 lower armor than mine ?. not counting unreliable golemborn proc. you might wanna get more armor maybe golemborn, stonetreads seems solid options, but i wouldnt mind armor difference that much
2- censure has perma %17dr vs %10 kymon augment unreliable one. tho i am fan of this augment anyway
3- instead of 1 enchant earth id prolly use 1 ugdenbog component for more overcap bleed and psn. minor detail
4- moment aleks metoer hits both of our chars: small detail i got caught but some cool details coming
a- your char got -%50 hp amount of dmg
b- my char got -%20 25 hp amount of dmg
my seal of ancestary proc was up and it blocks pretty amount of aether and vit, and i was sitting seal. so my char doesnt kite much %95 of time sits on seal which is perma 313 dmg absorb over 500hp regen , i have more armor less phys dmg taken from aleks meteor*prolly*, also i have 83 fire res which negates burn portion of aleks dmg.
5- all my resists are +3max , your char only has aether and cold. conduit amulet makes difference in sr and crucible alot.
6- you lack flat hp regen vs this char, its noticable when you take dot dmg. which also makes difference if you wanna sit in 1 spot. also i tested giants blood on blast shield, when i tried to kite on testing it didnt proc cause i didnt get hit and i died i thought same as you but i guess its better to bind it on other skills and always check its timers on your mind.

our chars completely different when it comes to kiting, you have more tools that can deal dmg and reliable dot source of bwc and guardians dmg. you can kite and be fine. my char loses so much when kiting, even small circles and zigzags dmg loss is noticable.

big one is dps loss like amarastas quick cut, it replaces your mortar shots with bigone and i dont think even its physical dmg portion fully converted from wep. i just wanted to mess with big one you know that feeling imo.
i also wanted to mess with vindictive flame conduit and how much of difference it makes to build defence after 23 tries to get 2nd mortar one.
i dont cosntantly summon mortars since bigone happens later, its like every 2 to 3 sec i try to summon new one, but i am pretty sure playstyle wise its impoosible to hit correct timings, cause i play tons of different builds even per day.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelgodstoya View Post
ya line'ing up mortars nicely...
No, I get it how mutators, nemeses combos and piloting can affect your times. I also appreciate the build. It's well made. It shows the power of mid-level health regen. My first reaction was to point out the conduit mod and then I watched the video and understood. I was just asking, why did you upload your worst run on youtube?

The difference between 7:40 and 9:50 in naked crucible is huge. It's like a said my glass cannon whatever can do 4:50 4b/vb, made everyone drop their jaws, and then upload a regular 6:30 vid. Get it?
Old 05-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
No, I get it how mutators, nemeses combos and piloting can affect your times. I also appreciate the build. It's well made. It shows the power of mid-level health regen. My first reaction was to point out the conduit mod and then I watched the video and understood. I was just asking, why did you upload your worst run on youtube?

The difference between 7:40 and 9:50 in naked crucible is huge. It's like a said my glass cannon whatever can do 4:50 4b/vb, made everyone drop their jaws, and then upload a regular 6:30 vid. Get it?
i got your idea and its pretty legit. i probably played this char more than 1 week ago just for 2days max*as you see lack of stats and skills, char is originally from aom* and its kinda fail burn canister bomb purifer now i just pointed out timers for people who cares about timings, i simply dont.. cause you know speed meta is allergic stuff if you played poe abit
and i didnt have plan to write guide about this , video that you watched recorded long ago for only myself to see my mistakes and how much i can push build balance etc.
like i said this is not the arena you'd want to play this char, forgot the name but red tile super narrow arena is way to go. mortar misses tons of mobs at corners and you are pretty 'take time to build up dmg' type char that loves narrow arena.
to me it wont make any difference to upload best or worst performance, video shows build power and weakness together, even my missplays which is perfectly fine by me. i hope whoever reads catchs the points of build.

btw as a side note, i kinda read %90 of builds thats is written on forum which is another joy of GD to me. i sadly missed cmak's mortar build maybe i was never interested in making one before i see spanks hybrid blightlord guy
Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Speaker

As I'm always on the lookout for Mortar trap builds I love giving this one a try, I have the items to give it a go, but I'm wondering where you get the 40% stun res. I see 15 in your devotion setup but I haven't the foggiest where the other 25% is coming from.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Champion

Leathery hide
Old 05-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Champion

Alright, point taken.

Where would you put the last 5 points? Max Vindictive? Softcap Steel Resolve?

What do you think of this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvlr9GN? Mainly devos, and some tweaks to make up for da.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Leathery hide
Now I feel dumb, I only looked at the icon and I thought it was something different. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:12 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Alright, point taken.

Where would you put the last 5 points? Max Vindictive? Softcap Steel Resolve?

What do you think of this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvlr9GN? Mainly devos, and some tweaks to make up for da.
ya this looks super solid, id use decent iron maiden shoulder instead of justice.
last 5 pts hard to say, depends on how much resist build will need with iron maiden shoulder. i would love to have +45 50 all resist overcap so 5 pts for steel resolve vindictive and such all works.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Champion

I was amazed when I saw 1.4k health regen in action. Actually, despite 2k hours in the game, not a single time did I bother to try it out (due to all the anti-health regen hype). And Vindictive ranks after softcap give you twice as much.

Even though, Bat on mortars should machinegun. Low weapon damage might be offset by the pierce to fire conversion, maybe. Worth testing for deeper shards where things can one/two shoot you so you need to be at full health all the time.

Tags
purifier