Old 11-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Dammitt Dammitt is offline
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 817
Default [GrimTools] Monster Database

I bet anyone who plays GD always wondered about stats and skills of monsters that inhabit Cairn, but there was no way to view this data since there's no bestiary in the game itself. Well, now you have such opportunity.

It might not look that fancy on the outside, but I think it gets its job done. Here's the list of features available in the database:
  • You are able to view the list of all monsters that are present in vanilla game as well as all of its current epxansions (Crucible is not included atm).
  • The list of monsters can be filtered by monster name, race and type (hero, boss, etc.), you can also sort the list.
  • If a monster has specific conditions to spawn (e.g. only on ultimate difficulty or if player level is in a certain range), this info is appended to that monster name.
  • If a monster has several phases, the name of the phases is appended to that monster name.
  • Currently on the monster page you can see 2 panels: to the left you'll see the familiar char sheet panel which was used to simplify the UI (well, you should be used to char sheet anyways) and to the right is the the panel where you can switch between the list of skills that monster has, the areas where it spawns and notable loot if it has any.
  • You can select monster level and difficulty (which determines penalties/adjustments to monster stats).
  • Just like in the calc, you can toggle monster buffs if needed.
  • Monster equipment is NOT accounted for, because equipment is not static (well, sometimes it is, but it's an edge case), it depends on loot tables meaning that there might be hundreds of combinations.

Some info about monster skills panel:
  • All skills are grouped into several sections (On spawn, On death, Attacks, Buffs, Heals and Passives).
  • To the left you'll see the description of skill logic, e.g. "Single target spell" or "Debuff that spreads to nearby targets from the original target". The icons below indicate what damage type the skill deals, if it's an offensive skill or passive that provides flat damage — this way you can easily determine damage type at a glance.
  • If the skill has special behavior defined, it is also listed on the left side, e.g. timeout before initial use, skill range, etc.
  • To the right you'll see the skill stats. Most skills don't have names, so more often than not you won't see skill name and description there, only the stats.
  • Some skills have autocast skills attached to them, in that case autocast skill is shifted to the right a bit and there's a line connecting it to the source skill.
  • The skill stats that you see are not scaled by percent bonuses, so basically the logic is the same as in the calc.

Some info about notable loot panel:
  • Monster loot depends on monster level, and the data you see there is tied to monster level that is currently selected.
  • If the monster loot tables have thresholds when its loot drastically changes (usually it's new or higher tier items on higher levels), this will be indicated at the very top of the list.
  • The list of items is split by loot tables, % to the left is the chance to roll specific table, % to the right is the resulting item drop chance.
  • Certain monsters (currently these are only Loghorrean, Kra'vall and all Nemesis tier monsters) are tied to chests that unlock on monster death. And these chests also contain notable loot. However for now these aren't shown in the database 'cause it's not trivial to display corrent % chance for items, since they also depend on area level.

The list of things on my todo list:
  • Show spawn locations for all monsters.
  • Add an ability to view notable loot (MIs, unique crafting items, e.g. Ancient Heart or Ugdenbloom).
  • (?) Add non scalable player pets to the database.
  • (?) Add a way to view monsters from Crucible.
  • (?) Add an option to view scaled stats on skills.

This tool is built automatically from game resources.

I have a patreon account now, so you can support me there if you want: https://www.patreon.com/dammitt

Feel free to post any questions, suggestions and bug reports.

If you are interested in translating the tool, please refer to this thread.

Last edited by Dammitt; 04-13-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Evil_Baka's Avatar
Evil_Baka Evil_Baka is offline
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,376

It's beautiful Thanks Dammitt creating this
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Avyctes's Avatar
Avyctes Avyctes is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,375

Amazing resource, thank you
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:24 PM
valaki valaki is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 99

Thank you, incredibly useful
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Mauricius's Avatar
Mauricius Mauricius is online now
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,873

Great thanks for your hard work
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:37 PM
Scene's Avatar
Scene Scene is offline
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 245

Finally a trilogy where the 3rd is equally as good as the last 2

Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:38 PM
korsar's Avatar
korsar korsar is online now
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,223

Wow, it's super nice, thanks, Dammitt!
Btw, are resistances correct?? For example I thought Grava has 50% extra fire and lightning res...
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:49 PM
hairshaver04 hairshaver04 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1

awesome work! thank you very much
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:16 PM
gregory_portman's Avatar
gregory_portman gregory_portman is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 745
Default Polish UI tags

Hi Dammitt, Polish UI files are ready!

Take Care!
Attached Files
File Type: txt tags_monsterdb_polish_2017_11_25.txt (3.2 KB, 136 views)
File Type: txt tags_skills_polish_2017_11_25.txt (4.8 KB, 149 views)
Self-styled Polish GD Community Ambassador

Grim Dawn dla zielonych:

HC AoM CDR Primal Spirit Conjurer and Ritualist with leveling guides:
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:28 PM
USER_NAME_01's Avatar
USER_NAME_01 USER_NAME_01 is online now
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,772

I am kind of curious about the math in your site, Dammitt. I mean loot tables, I checked Mad Queen at level 80 to know what is the percentage of the Claw drop, it says 6.08%, but it's 76% chances to drop something, 8% chance to get the loot table of the Claw, 65% to get the rare weapon and the rest (27%) is Ancient Heart. So I did the math to check if I understand it, I counted (1 - 0.76) * (1 - 0.08) = .24 * .92 = 0,2208, so it was not accurate nor proper, I kept on trying and I got to something like this:
.24 * .92 * .35 * .73 (respectively, 1 - .76 [chances to drop anything], 1 - .08 [chances for Mad Queen's Claw], 1 - .65 [chances for the rare Slicer] and 1 - (.65 + .08) [chances for Ancient Heart) and it gave me 0,0564144 as a result, so therefore 5.64144% chance of dropping it. So my question is, what is the math there? I am pretty sure I missed something. I am really curious about what's the math behind that - I like math too much, lol.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Grim Dawn ©2019 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.11 ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.