Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Lord Advocate

FoK is great but DoW2 is way better and more professional...you gotta be kidding me.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevent View Post
FoK is great but DoW2 is way better and more professional...you gotta be kidding me.
Orks should come in swarms, not groups of 4, that alone made FoK more enjoyable for me.

The Campaign mode for DoW2 is brilliant, hats off for that, very much enjoyed playing it with a friend but the Multiplayer makes up the longevity of an RTS and FoK beats DoW2 in this department, hands down and tied behind its back.

I beat the Campaign mode of DoW2, tried a few MP matches, got bored and promptly uninstalled it, never to play it again.

An RTS placing its focus on a Co-Op Campaign is a great example of trying to turn Counterstrike into Peggle, people looking for fast paced competitive play against other players are not necessarily interested in casually bouncing balls into pegs at that exact moment in time.

It may be a neat distraction but its not where the meat should have been.

Starcraft is the Korean national sport for a reason.

Last edited by Void(null); 01-21-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Lord Advocate

That's your opinion, I happen to really like DOW2...much more than the first. I also really love The Last Stand mode they added for free...which in my opinion is a lot more fun than competitive MP. Really looking forward to the expansions as well.

And I really don't care about Korea hehe...they also like crappy grind fest MMO's

Last edited by Renevent; 01-21-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Acolyte

Not to hop in on Void(Null)'s point here, but yeah, DoW2 sucks in comparison to Firestorm over Kronus. You can disagree with me, but if you do that just means you are WRONG. DoW2 is very pretty, but the multiplayer game lacks punch of any kind, and the fact that the two swarm armies (nids/orcs) lack any actual ability to truly swarm is pathetic. It does a terrible job of following the tabletop ruleset or theme.

Enough of the thread sidetrack for that though.

While a modding community can do amazing things with a proper toolset, or even a community toolset, there's a large portion of the playerbase involved with a commercial title that never will - especially if Grim Dawn ever gets a retail box. To the players that don't seek out modding, the core title and what's in it is very important.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevent View Post
That's your opinion, I happen to really like DOW2...much more than the first. I also really love The Last Stand mode they added for free...which in my opinion is a lot more fun than competitive MP.

And I really don't care about Korea hehe...they also like crappy grind fest MMO's
Me having my opinion does not invalidate yours, nor does you having your opinion invalidate mine. I would hope in this day and age we can both have differing opinions.

As for Korea:

They are the worlds leading market in competitive games, and are the first country to legally treat game currency as real money.

Disliking their MMO's does not invalidate the importance of Korea. China & Korea make up the majority of WoW's subscribers,Korea is also responsible for the survival of Hellgate: London, and when it comes to RTS games Korea is a very important market. They take their RTS games very, very seriously, bringing hardcore to new level.

Damn it, now I want to play some FoK.

Edit: Totally agreed, waaaay to much off-topic and sidetracking. back on point!

Last edited by Void(null); 01-21-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void(null) View Post
Me having my opinion does not invalidate yours, nor does you having your opinion invalidate mine. I would hope in this day and age we can both have differing opinions.

As for Korea:

They are the worlds leading market in competitive games, and are the first country to legally treat game currency as real money.

Disliking their MMO's does not invalidate the importance of Korea. China & Korea make up the majority of WoW's subscribers,Korea is also responsible for the survival of Hellgate: London, and when it comes to RTS games Korea is a very important market. They take their RTS games very, very seriously, bringing hardcore to new level.

Edit: Totally agreed, waaaay to much off-topic and sidetracking. back on point!
That's exactly what I was saying, you have yours, and here's mine Though obviously Iceciro doesn't quite grasp that concept. Lots of people I know prefer DoW2 over the first, including FoK...maybe because we also enjoy a lot of ARPG's.

And I didn't say Korea isn't important...I just don't care about anything that goes on there. Their MMO's do not appeal to me what-so-ever. Most stuff that comes from that region stinks as far as gaming goes...and I'd be happy not to see it bleed over here. Aside from the crazy game mechanics in those games, the art style is just hideous in most of them.

Anyways, considering Grim Dawn is neither a MMO or RTS...much more not a Korean one...we can safely say absolutely none of this matters.

Last edited by Renevent; 01-21-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void(null) View Post
**** me! That's how to make a vid! Where's my DoWC disk?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Praetorian

I thought the original DoW was better than DoW2. Like others said, the mp really sucks, although I enjoyed the campaign(which only has one playthrough really.), and the last stand(which gets kinda boring after a while.). The original was much more entertaining for me. I liked how it was all set up and the whole new concept of not being able to make my base is stupid.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Lord Advocate

Well, I thought repeating the process of building a base over and over and over again every single mission was tedious. You end up pretty much doing the same and pumping out the same units each time.

Not that I disliked DoW at all...one of my favorite RTS games of all time. I just think Relic got it right with it focus on action instead of base management.

And can't wait to see what they do with Space Marine...that game looks sexy!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Supporter

Sorry to get back on topic, but my version of "Titan Quest Syndrome" was a little different. I've tried many other games out trying fill the void of not playing Titan Quest, and can't find any. Every game I've played always has a few "features" that are just not quite implemented correctly, as they were in TQ:IT. So, after quitting for a few months, I'd always end up right back to playing TQ:IT again, because no game for me has ever cam close enough to being good enough to replace it, or pull me away from it. The only exception to this is going back and replaying some of the better RPG's released on the PS2.
Closed Thread

Tags
maps