Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Supporter

Default Divine Divinity [1.0.7.1] - Diviner Set Spellbinder, no greens, 170 viable

Hello everyone! Today I want to showcase my Spellbinder Diviner Set build, that uses no MI's and other greens, but is still able to kick some serious butt.

Meet Divine Divinity!

*Perma buffs on

GRIMTOOLS

Boring Introduction
This is actually one of the first characters that I've created when AoM came out. Diviner's Vision was the first full Aom set that I got. Back then it was focused on Aether + Cold, not Aether + Vitality like we have it today. And it was a pretty interesting concept imo from an aesthetic point of view, but I have to agree that Vitality makes more sense.

As we all know, Spellbinders were nerfed quite a bit in the last patches, especially the one's that relied on Star Pact, Mirror and MoT. But the Diviner set still gets the job done.

Gear
This set uses the Diviner's Vision set and the Conduit of Undying Whispers with the Reap Spirit modifier are the core items of the build. Other items are pretty standard. Except the pants maybe. I've chosen Mythical Chausses of Barbaros and not the Mythical Wraithborne Legwraps because of the amazing proc.

Skills and gameplay
Pretty standard as well, Reap Spirit for single target, Devastation when a lot of guests show up to the party, Ill Omen and Aether Corruption for RR, Siphon Souls for healing and Mirror for tough situations. Aeon's and Eternity to speed up the process. Fighting trash and most bosses you don't even need to kite. Btw Spirits themselves do pretty decent damage (I've seen 30k-ish crit) and block your enemies so they have a much harder time getting to you if you don't want them to. I don't use MoT and Earth because i don't have enough points to invest in them and i don't like to have too many buttons.

I still have one skill point left because I didn't kill Allostoria in the MC and it can be invested in MoT if you wish.

The Devotion path contains one interesting decision. I've picked up Blizzard, because the conversion on the chest and the hat turn it into a pretty decent shotgun that sometimes freezes enemies.

I managed to do 170 with this build CLICK and it took about 10 minutes, but please note that I don't like crucible in general and i don't play much so i believe that more experienced crucible players we be able to do much faster.

Hold your horses bro, I'm new to the game how do I lvl up this build?!
Just max out Spectral Binding and Spectral Wrath and most enemies will die pretty quickly on normal difficulty. Then pick up Siphon Souls with the transmuter and Devastation. Actually you are free to choose any lvling skill or devotion yourself and than respec later.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Saw; 01-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Supporter

I reserve this post and will never actually use it
Old 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Praetorian

I've always loved the idea of this set, but even though I've tried several variants its never felt quite up to my stands. Although I will say that it wasnt recently. Glad to see it clear crucible with a decent performance. Perhaps its time for me to give it another whirl.

Just from a quick look at yours I would recommend dropping the points in fabric of reality, and then going for BH + soul harvest. Due to your conversion it adds about 1000 more flat aether to your weapon damage. It also buffs your reap spirits pet damage. Plus threw 1 point in Mark of Torments. Also I took bat over amatok, for extra healing... Personal preference to having more healing in crucible. I'm not sure how much damage contribution blizzard is giving with only 50% elemental to aether conversion and under 10k weapon damage too. Overall good job with the build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BwMzzV

Last edited by Valinov; 01-09-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Supporter

I was actually quite surprised that it did that well tbh. i didn't expect too much of it after the Spellbinder nerf.

Safarel posted the build that used bat as far as I remember and I wanted to try something different. Blizzard is only lvl 7 on my character right now so I haven't seen it's full potential yet, but it does pretty good overall. Bat is also a good option of course.
I don't like Bone Harvest becuase it's quite painfull to keep the buff all the time especially for a kiting mage.

Thanks for your feedback! Those options you suggested are pretty decent and are certanly a good option for anyone who wants to play a similar build.

Last edited by Saw; 01-10-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Speaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntpbYPGScuY
3 blessings + 1 banner
average 7:19 170ex 3X run
Old 01-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Supporter

A very interesting version indeed! Though I have a few questions. Why did you use that medal and why didn't you pick Nullification? Also I believe that Inner focus doesn't need to be overcaped, 12 out of 12 is enough.

Last edited by Saw; 01-09-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Champion

This is Divine Divinity, though.
Spoiler!
Old 01-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saw View Post
A very interesting version indeed! Though I have a few questions. Why did you use that medal and why didn't you pick Nullification? Also I believe that Inner focus doesn't need to be overcaped, 12 out of 12 is enough.
My guess is that this is pure cruci setup and he staking as much racial dmg as possible for most troublesome nemesis(reaper), cause of two sanctified bones(12% to undead) and this medal which gives +18% to beasts
Old 01-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
This is Divine Divinity, though.
Spoiler!
I'm glad that someone understood where the name came from) I've played this when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite games.

Last edited by Saw; 01-09-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyyLmao View Post
My guess is that this is pure cruci setup and he staking as much racial dmg as possible for most troublesome nemesis(reaper), cause of two sanctified bones(12% to undead) and this medal which gives +18% to beasts
I see. I really think those racial bonuses on components should be nerfed somehow tbh, because they add to much to the overall dmg despite being just a non-rare component.