Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 05-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Ascendant

Default [Feedback] Stuff - Non transmuted BWC, Constellations, Blazerush etc.

Items -

Spoiler!

Relics-

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67306

Devotions -

Spoiler!

In Closing -

Thank you for reading this wall of text.
Don't forget to read this thread about a recent pet item change - http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72697 (it's pretty important imo)

Also do consider the BWC buffs devs, its not too different from what you guys want for Spam DEE. The buffs I suggested favor the spam playstyle more so than the Burn playstyle

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 05-15-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Praetorian

On Blazerush. Disagree, because PS is the kind of skill to derive power from ultimate levels. Now, we know that there's Ultos set which is a phys/lightning set. You propose a lightning to fire for PS. Now, are there many phys/fire PS items? This would be as gimmickish as Edge of Sanity and Wyrmbone Mask.

The way I see Blazerush is 2H Fire Strike plus Shaman's WPS. The fact that Static Strike, Brute Force and Feral Hunger still retain flat lightning is a limiting factor that puts Blazerush behind Ultos and Avenger. This also raises a question of feasibility of going Shaman just for Upheaval and utility stuff.

On Falcon Swoop. I'm still not convinced it needs a buff. It is still a 120%+ WD shotgun proc, isn,'t it? If anything, Dire Bear's Maul needs to be discussed before Falcon Swoop then. You appeal to cooldown, but for me proc chance is the bigger factor to be honest. To reliably (80% chance) proc in 2 seconds I need to attack 5 times a second. Cooldown is also non-issue if I bind it to Blitz. The only case when it matters is binding it to something like DS or CoF or BP.

On Anvil. I see you quoted me here, but since that post Anvil did receive a buff, iirc both proc and nodes. The point of my post might still hold, but I lost track on it. I don't mind you quoting it, just felt obliged to let you know I no longer support the claims there.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
This would be as gimmickish as Edge of Sanity and Wyrmbone Mask.
True, I agree.

Quote:
The way I see Blazerush is 2H Fire Strike plus Shaman's WPS. The fact that Static Strike, Brute Force and Feral Hunger still retain flat lightning is a limiting factor that puts Blazerush behind Ultos and Avenger. This also raises a question of feasibility of going Shaman just for Upheaval and utility stuff.
I was hesitant to bring up fire strike because we already have Shar'Zul's Worldeater based Fire Strike

Does 100% Lightning to Fire to Stormcaller's pact make sense?

Quote:
On Falcon Swoop. I'm still not convinced it needs a buff.
Effective performance wise it lags behind Scorpion Sting, Blades of Wrath, Flame Torrent, Aetherfire and even Bat. Each bring something to the table and have a lower CD than Swoop

Quote:
If anything, Dire Bear's Maul needs to be discussed before Falcon Swoop then. You appeal to cooldown, but for me proc chance is the bigger factor to be honest. To reliably (80% chance) proc in 2 seconds I need to attack 5 times a second. Cooldown is also non-issue if I bind it to Blitz. The only case when it matters is binding it to something like DS or CoF or BP.
Holy Shit! I forgot Dire Bear is a constellation. The constellation itself loos decent imo. But the proc is shittier than Bull Rush

Quote:
On Anvil. I see you quoted me here, but since that post Anvil did receive a buff, iirc both proc and nodes. The point of my post might still hold, but I lost track on it. I don't mind you quoting it, just felt obliged to let you know I no longer support the claims there.
Well I only included Anvil cause I was told it needed buff in one of my other threads a while back. I'll remove it if more people want it removed from the list. I don't feel too strongly about buffs to Anvil.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-15-2018, 11:42 AM
Herald

Warpfire - I agree that the Burn Durationshould be increased a bit not because the maxed roll of 87% isn't strong enough but because the low roll of 58% is so bad. The Sorc in my BWC build actually had close to the lowest roll and while it still performs so well in cruci, a better stat on burn would be great (I have more warpfires but not on that char).

Herald - The mod to BWC is indeed on th elow side but I believe it can work along with Smoldering Effigy. I do like the proposed buffs and it opens up options for the offhand slot in Spam BWC builds such as Zarthuzellan's Codex.

Markovian - Bleed in Markovian is still currently nice and should be a lot better now than when I last tested (1.0.4.1) cause it's a lot easier to tank cruci now. It's still the same in campaign though. I don't think bleed is the best direction for a Markovian buff, though. I'd rather have it specialized towards a main damaging skill like the other (not all) 5 pc sets, instead of focusing on a support skill. I would love to have it focus on blitz (cause it's what the set's best niche is atm) while still retaining the bonuses on Menhir's Bulwark, or maybe remove Bulwark and CS but retain Markovian's Advantage because name. For Bleed, I think a bleed caster should be a higher prority than another s&b bleed support. Especially since Blood Knight will probably be good for bleed (with howl of the wendigo)
Old 05-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Warpfire - I agree that the Burn Durationshould be increased a bit not because the maxed roll of 87% isn't strong enough but because the low roll of 58% is so bad. The Sorc in my BWC build actually had close to the lowest roll and while it still performs so well in cruci, a better stat on burn would be great (I have more warpfires but not on that char).
Good point but I gotta ask why did you even pick it up?
I have most average rolls memorized and almost never pick up lower than average rolls. I even made a friend throwaway his Stonehide Stoneplate of Kings cause it had Stun Resist around 27% stun resist

Quote:
Herald - The mod to BWC is indeed on th elow side but I believe it can work along with Smoldering Effigy. I do like the proposed buffs and it opens up options for the offhand slot in Spam BWC builds such as Zarthuzellan's Codex.
Ah yes I agree with those off hand choices. Personally would love to see spam BWC revived

Quote:
Markovian - Bleed in Markovian is still currently nice and should be a lot better now than when I last tested (1.0.4.1) cause it's a lot easier to tank cruci now. It's still the same in campaign though. I don't think bleed is the best direction for a Markovian buff, though. I'd rather have it specialized towards a main damaging skill like the other (not all) 5 pc sets, instead of focusing on a support skill. I would love to have it focus on blitz (cause it's what the set's best niche is atm) while still retaining the bonuses on Menhir's Bulwark, or maybe remove Bulwark and CS but retain Markovian's Advantage because name.
I know what you mean but the reason why I suggested the buff is precisely because it already is good at it so why hold back on the bonuses? I too don't want Markovian to turn into a Bleed Set but a buff to it means more interest to its Bleed Potential
They buffed Blind Assassin which was already good by adding Pierce bonus to the pieces that didn't have it so what I requested for Markovian is kinda similar.

Also I agree with all your suggestions about it supporting main damage skills.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Good point but I gotta ask why did you even pick it up?
I have most average rolls memorized and almost never pick up lower than average rolls. I even made a friend throwaway his Stonehide Stoneplate of Kings cause it had Stun Resist around 27% stun resist
Cause it was the first mythical warpfire I had when AoM just came out. I never bothered to change anything after that cause performance was great already.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Cause it was the first mythical warpfire I had when AoM just came out. I never bothered to change anything after that cause performance was great already.
Pfft

I got my habit from vanilla where I used to leave dungeon treasure rooms w/o picking anything up if the item stats used to be bad

I only pick up MIs with bad rolls cause it'd be incredibly stupid to leave them on the floor

EDITED the main post - added Deathmarked Chest and Spark of Reality

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I was hesitant to bring up fire strike because we already have Shar'Zul's Worldeater based Fire Strike

Does 100% Lightning to Fire to Stormcaller's pact make sense?
Yes, we have Sharzul. Main difference from Sharzul is Blazerush attempts to be a niche weapon for Fire Elementalist while Sharzul is the generic one, so a more synergetic class like Purifier wins.

I don't know, I haven't tried Blazerush this patch. On paper there are so many issues with Blazerush elementalist as opposed to Ultos Savagery elementalist that L2F on Stormcaller Pact might actually be necessary to even them out. But then I'm not sure it would be Fire Strike and not Fire Savagery instead.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Champion

Regarding Blazerush, I still have to ask if anyone now or ever will make a Grenado caster with it. If Crate really wants something Grenado-related in there, I suggest swapping the % Weapon Damage modifier to something more support/utility based like how Gildor's Pulverizer has a flat RR mod for Grenado.

At this point, I agree with Stupid Dragon that it's identity is a 2H Fire/Physical or Fire/Lightning Fire Striker that spams Upheaval which would require tons of OA to do effectively. Similar to the above, I suggest dropping the +3 bonuses to Grenado/Shattering Blast for something else - a skill bonus to Fire Strike/Flame Touched and a chunk of 80 or 90 OA alongside the attack speed would make sense for this purpose.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 05-15-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:16 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
Regarding Blazerush, I still have to ask if anyone now or ever will make a Grenado caster with it. If Crate really wants something Grenado-related in there, I suggest swapping the % Weapon Damage modifier to something more support/utility based like how Gildor's Pulverizer has a flat RR mod for Grenado
At this point, I agree with Stupid Dragon that it's identity is a 2H Fire/Physical or Fire/Lightning Fire Striker that spams Upheaval. Similar to the above, I suggest dropping the +3 bonuses to Grenado/Shattering Blast for something else, a chunk of 80 or 90 OA alongside the attack speed would make sense for this purpose.
I didn't bring up Grenado because imo Adversary>>Blazerush for Grenado

What about the rest of the suggestions - BWC, Deathmarked etc ?
I am more interested in Edge of Reality and Spark of Reality, cause I have nothing to contribute to those and would like to hear what the community thinks should be done with them. They are even less useful than Blazerush

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!