Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Emissary

Default [1.0.3.2] Bloody Pox Acid Purge Conjurer Build showcase

This build is made from one of my very old characters from B30-1.0.0.0 that investigated health regen back at the time. Now she is up for more experiments, this time with acid purge skill as a single target attack to aid bloody pox. A search on the subject shown that there were successful builds converting acid to vitality, so the stuff is not really as innovative as it seemed at first, but well, I'll still make it public.

GrimTools

https://youtu.be/eHuLK1Hz9cA Grava'Thul with an arcane hero that nullified me in the middle of the fight. I think there was another void opressor too but he did not lived long enough.

Acid purge as a channeling skill consumes obscene amounts of mana. Perhaps like all of them, but there is a problem: reduced mana cost is very difficult to obtain for relevant classes and mana devotions like harp and tree of life are out of the way. It is possible to incorporate harp at the cost of some DPS but I didn't bother. What I did is combining Reaver's hunger necklace (-8%) with Eye of the Storm relic (-10%), seal of annihilation (-10%) and owl devotion (-5%). Even with that it is not fully self-sufficient though can count on energy absorption in longer figths. Adding orb of Black Flame can make it self-sufficient but it also drops DPS by 1,5.

Another problem with vitality damage is that resists to it on mobs are higher than to any other damage type and resistant mobs are very common. There are plenthy of debuffs but then you need to get all or almost all of them to not struggle with any resistant hero or boss.

Bloody Pox is a very efficient trash clear skill, but unfortunately it lacks single target damage. Which is why I even considered acid purge. When fully converted to vitality with blood orb of Chthon it can put out DPS close to that of channeling skills in new masteries, drain essence and flames of Ignaffar.

Unfortunately this DPS seems to be just a little below what would make an adequate crucible clear. As in wave 149, killing everything fast is necessary for them to not gang together. If they do, Sentinel + Shar'Zul + Alkamos + maybe Cronley aiding them with ground damage can make your life miserable. It can be cleared with some kiting and some reckless facetanking but duh. Also Iron Maiden in wave 110 or 120 healed 3 or 4 times before I killed her without buff. Perhaps with might of Amatok its simpler but duh. Build also lacks good CC resists except stun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FurionAcid.jpg
Views:	2274
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	17476   Click image for larger version

Name:	AcidPurge.jpg
Views:	2191
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	17477  
Old 12-18-2017, 04:08 PM
Emissary

Reserved for I don't know what
Old 12-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Ascendant

Good build as always Hunter

I am using Acid Purge on WH built around Poison damage and no Blood Pox. Don't enjoy HP drain skills so didn't go Vitality route

Why was shaman picked though? You get enough RR picking Cabalist
Not to mention Dark One is a cabalist set and RE would've done wonders for you. Did you go with Shaman for Wendigo Totem to counter Hungering Void?

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Emissary

Thats a very old character from pre-release game that was at level 85. I have this one but don't have a suitable cabbalist to not level it from zero.

RE also seem like very strong skill both for AOE and single target, dunnho why would it even need bloody pox except for OA debuff. Or acid purge.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothhunter View Post
Thats a very old character from pre-release game that was at level 85. I have this one but don't have a suitable cabbalist to not level it from zero.

RE also seem like very strong skill both for AOE and single target, dunnho why would it even need bloody pox except for OA debuff. Or acid purge.
Lol true. My WH is more of gimmick, it's just a Dreeg Hunter using this skill

So good job staying true to the concept

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Herald

We seem to have made the same build, mine is also an old conjurer from way back when pox was utter crap. I took transmuted storm totem instead of sigil, but otherwise it's basically the same.

Other small difference is that I use the huntress constellation, to stack 22/12 wasting with even more -OA. It's hilarious, -500 or so enemy OA.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Supporter

anyone tested with this item?

Cauldron of Excitement
http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11291

Its like a callidor tempest acid/poison/vitality skill.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Champion

Nice build I had a similar idea in mind but was considering pairing Acid Purge with maxed Sigil to take advantage of the amulet's skill mods. Pox was for Wasting and support damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperx View Post
anyone tested with this item?

Cauldron of Excitement
http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11291

Its like a callidor tempest acid/poison/vitality skill.
I haven't tried it but the damage on it seems to low to be spammed effectively, even with conversion. With % Poison duration, you'de only need to use it every now and then and even then, there are better Poison skills.

It's basically the same reason no one has ever touched Poison Nova
Old 02-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Counsel

sorry for the semi necro, but how would something like this play out?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28aggGV

Mostly vita/bleed/chaos/poison/RR procs supplementing Bloody Pox Damage. While spamming CoF, Swarm & kiting with Vines.

Gear is also heavy on "When Hit Procs" for a multitude of CC for kiting and added AoE Vita dmg.

This is my first attempt on a DoT mage. Already have a DoT Shadow Strike Assassin (WH).
[HC In Progress]: Commado (dual-pistol) 94
, Witch Hunter (assassin) 96, Cabalist (minion master) 95, Purifier (caster) 94, Druid (PS ranged) 75, Tactician (shotgun) 76

Last edited by gasconron; 02-05-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Emissary

Looks terrible!

You're not trying to focus either poison or vitality and have low % multipliers on both.

Quote:
Mostly vita/bleed/chaos/poison/RR procs
Your %bleed damage multiplier is 300%

Some of your gear choices are strange, why use screams of the aether ring for example? For resist? You have it overcapped all over while there are rings with vitality (or poison) RR procs. Why these boots, why these pants, why this belt, why these gloves, these procs don't do much damage at all, not with 1500% vitality modifier you have too. Note how the build in the OP has 3600% vitality damage at max proc strength.

Dryad and Tortoise are two worst constellations in the entire devotion tree, dryad especially when you already have Vendigo.

Why blood pact and that weapon augment when you're not doing any weapon damage except with devotion procs (15% WD).

Edit: Almost forgot it, 2100 OA won't carry you anywhere, DA is also low though less dramatic

Tags
acid purge, blood orb of chthon, bloody pox, conjurer