Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Counsel

It's very atmospheric and moody track. Totally digging it. I can feel it fitting into the game perfectly. Anxiety is the keyword here. I hope the whole soundtrack will be somewhere along these lines.

Great work! Thumbs up!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Initiate

Fantastic work guys, that is out and out the best mastered in game music I've heard to date. Pretty impressive for a "friend of mines" type set up. Those of you without high end audio gear are missing out.

The in game music was one of the things that kept me hooked on D2 after I'd played it through a bazillion times and by the sound of things this is going to be truly awesome.

Unfortunetly you've set the bar pretty high for yourselves on this one, here's hoping for more of the same - maybe even some themed music for the different environments

*edit* I didn't get a anxiety type vibe from it at all, much to calm for that. It felt very much like the sort of music you would expect in a post apocalyptic type movie when you are getting a nice CGI view of the ruined landscape.

Last edited by Agouti; 04-07-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Counsel

Music nut here (36 year guitarist) and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Certainly fits with the Grim Dawn title.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction"~ Blaise Pascal

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Counsel

I most certainly approve of the "Devil's Crossroads" soundtrack. I especially like the start of the new instrument at 0:24 and the continued elevation of its prevalence on 0:53. [little bit of my own opinion, would have like that instrument's chord to continue and maybe get a little deeper and drawn out but that's just me.]
Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Initiate

In all honesty in most games I tend to play with the sound off, but if the music stands up to that quality for the entirity of the game I would play quite a few play throughs listening to that.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Campaigner

Holy crap thats cool. This'll be one of the few games where I don't have my own music playing instead of the game sounds
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Counsel

I'll probably still listen to my own music after the novelty wears off. Listening to game music, no matter how awesome it is wears on me. Well that's how it is with most music. I'm ALWAYS searching out a new tune to listen to.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Speaker

Very good. Captures the atmosphere perfectly, moody and brooding. Perfect music to worry about zombies to.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Initiate

very impressed...i could easily listen to this sound track for hours and not get annoyed...great start...i'm excited to hear more!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Counsel

Maybe you can have this guy do some music for you, lol.

Tags
music, sound