Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-05-2017, 04:48 AM
Counsel

Default [v1.0.0.9] The Glacier, S&B Frostburn Blademaster, Crucible Demigod...slightly

He's in the heart of the Glacier

Howdy! Before I get started with the guide I wanted to give a huge thank you to the one and only Slightly Crucible God Drizzto for the inspiration for this build, as well as some advice on skills and devotions. If you're seeing this thread and somehow haven't seen his other builds, check out his Poison Witchblade here and his Bleed Warder here.

Inspiration
Spoiler!

I say Crucible Demigod for two main reasons...
Spoiler!

Here is the grimtools.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bL2JQ4Np

Skills
Spoiler!

Attributes: 70 Physique/20 Spirit

Gear (in-depth analysis, long)
Spoiler!

Leveling Guide
Spoiler!

EDIT - Here is a grimtools of my current character who clears Challenger Crucible and cleared SoT, MQ, Log, Edge, and Sentinel without breaking a sweat (0 deaths + no Menhir's Will popped, all Ultimate ofc). Haven't unlocked any Nemeses yet or done BoC or PoV yet, but I'll update when I do.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrGD1N6

Definitely room for improvement gear-wise, but still gets the job done well enough

Also, here's a dead bug.

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions.

Last edited by Ryzel; 05-11-2017 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:10 AM
Advocate

I'm really liking this surge of cold builds recently. I'd probably be tempted to try this one if I weren't too busy trying to get Soulrend (which I'm pretty sure the devs implemented for the express purpose of getting me to shut up about buffing Bane of the Winter King).
Old 04-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Acolyte

Looks awesome man thanks for sharing.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Counsel

Lot of cool tips on gear, thanks.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Ascendant

I wonder with all the crucible builds popping up, what they plan to nerf, or can it be accepted that farming Glad Crucible is the new "normal" and nerfs aren't necessary just cause certain builds clear the content(am i hoping too much?)

Shields have been meta for a while, if anything the underperforming non shield builds need buffs for the sake of build diversity (two handed needs some serious help)
Not that i am implying non-Shield builds can't clear crucible. But i noticed a some difference between Skybreach SJ Elementalist and ToN SJ Elementalist during a Party Glad Crucible.
Then again, it's just me since i never found crucible the best way to run tests due to the randomness of mutators and waves

Also, sorry to hijack this thread

Nice concept, you need more screens and less spoiler tags

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 04-05-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Champion

Nice one

Im really glad to see so much people posting new build lately

Tho I will have to disappoint you, I have a similar build and its not so strong in cruci like commando or DEE WB, it unfortunately lacks single target dmg and fer chunk of survivability when compared to them
Old 04-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Counsel

Thanks for feedback everyone!

@Chthon - I'm with you, I hope they don't nerf a build just because it can compete in Gladiator Crucible. TBH I feel like there's nothing wrong with shield builds thriving in Crucible more so than others; it makes sense because you're being bombarded by way more damage than in vanilla, and monster health is reduced to compensate, which plays to the strengths of a shield build (higher survivability, low DPS). Of course a more glass-cannony build is going to have less success there, but that should ideally be balanced by the fact that they can clear/farm vanilla dungeons much faster and drop vanilla bosses (with extra health and defenses) quicker. If anything, Crate should differentiate between the two modes more by buffing health/defenses for Ultimate vanilla content, and make it equally lucrative to farm Ultimate dungeons quickly compared to a shield build farming Crucible. But that's just my opinion =P

@JoV - Thanks for chiming in! I'd be very curious to see your take on the build and what struggles you're coming across.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I wonder with all the crucible builds popping up, what they plan to nerf, or can it be accepted that farming Glad Crucible is the new "normal" and nerfs aren't necessary just cause certain builds clear the content(am i hoping too much?)

Shields have been meta for a while, if anything the underperforming non shield builds need buffs for the sake of build diversity (two handed needs some serious help)
Not that i am implying non-Shield builds can't clear crucible. But i noticed a some difference between Skybreach SJ Elementalist and ToN SJ Elementalist during a Party Glad Crucible.
Then again, it's just me since i never found crucible the best way to run tests due to the randomness of mutators and waves

Also, sorry to hijack this thread

Nice concept, you need more screens and less spoiler tags
2h itemization is terrible tbh, for this reason a 2h build doesn't have noticeably higher damage than a shield build. I think if warborn set had another piece but didn't give any bonus for wearing full set 2h builds could use 4 pcs and use it. it sucks that both warborn and markovian sets prevent us from using 2h

about the build, I still don't understand why people like siegebreaker so much, what makes it special? I use vanguard of the legion, it blocks more damage and has much better resists, can someone explain?

Last edited by auspexa; 04-05-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Herald

TBH I'm starting to think if anything is nerfed, it should be Crucible. It seems off to me that a DLC is used to measure a build. Seems to be causing issues as well. If a build can do Edge, or Ult Mog, it should be great automatically...But instead, people are asking if it can do Glad Cruc. Not sure the warped build standards are helping anything around here.

About the build: Seems interesting. Didn't realize Blizzard was good now, might have to give that some thought. I'm also enjoying the multiple cold builds, because until recently, cold sucked. It's still an underdog in many ways, but it seems to be getting better.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Praetorian

Edge of Reality is not exactly hard, i would put it beneath any Nemeses in terms of difficulty. The whole thing is probably the worst case of resistance check in the game currently.

I read somewhere that builds weren't going to buffed or nerfed based on Crucible perfomance. Well if this is true, then it's a lie then, because i'm sure some builds were nerfed due to their performance in the Crucible.

Tags
blademaster