Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Early Access > Ideas and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Minister of Information

Default Epilogue

Zeus's speach and Persephone's parting words are a bit lame. You are also at the end of the world - there is no return to the world you have saved. So can we have a little epilogue to lean back and commemorate what happened and has been achieved? It can even include a forecast to the next expansion.

Those, who believe that this does not fit an ARPG, are free to pull the plug

Most of us probably saw Lord of the Rings, but I assume less read the books. The movies don't show what happens, when the four Hobbits return to the Shire. There is a final threat, which they have to overcome themselves without any Aragon or Gandalf. This is IMO one of the books' best parts and it's a shame, that it is missing in the movies ... well, good for the books - go, read them, if you haven't yet.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Supporter

Due to the intention of GD having numerous expansions via DLC etc, I think it's safe to say there will be some sort of Epilogue or 'open' ending which (I hope) is satisfieing yet will explain/introduce what the next grim threat to the World of Cairn will be come the new dawn..

lol.. but seriously
Old 02-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Acolyte

I read Lord of the Rings, and out of however many pages it was, that was my favorite part, and I was deeply upset at it's dissapearence from the movie.

I am not getting the sense that GD is going for the epic definitive tale plan, and is focusing on being a blast to play, so I would be very suprised if it didn't have an open ending.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4  
Old 02-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Our current plan is to just make the game abruptly bluescreen after you finish the last quest. That way you won't really be sure whether the game is over or not and it saves us from having to write an epilogue.

I can't promise this since we don't have the tech finished yet but we're also hoping to make it so that you can't recover from the bluescreen and have to do a hard reboot.

I'm also pissed that they changed the meeting with Aragorn. WTF was up with that?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Minister of Information

A bluescreen - back to the roots (of Windows)? MS will praise you for that.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
A bluescreen - back to the roots (of Windows)? MS will praise you for that.
If it's not a bug, it's a feature!

I have to agree though, the TQ Zeus text-box was pretty freaking lame. Unfortunately I'm not sure we're in a position to do anything terribly impressive for the end of the first segment of GD. But hey, at least we have an excuse this time!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Minister of Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Unfortunately I'm not sure we're in a position to do anything terribly impressive for the end of the first segment of GD.
Have I asked for anything impressive? Like CGI? I would be happy with some cutscenes using the general engine.

Maybe I shouldn't have used that LotR reference ... used it knowing that you, medierra, read the books.

Did you read Harry Potter, too? Its epilogue is short and pretty neat. AFAIK Mrs Rowling completed it long before writing the 7th book. It is just one scene and features an outlook on the future of some of the main characters. I think, she used it to have a goal.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Unfortunately I'm not sure we're in a position to do anything terribly impressive for the end of the first segment of GD. But hey, at least we have an excuse this time!
I hear explosions always make for a good ending.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9  
Old 03-01-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Have I asked for anything impressive? Like CGI? I would be happy with some cutscenes using the general engine.
Even making in-engine cutscenes can be time consuming depending on their complexity and how much unique animation is required. We can probably put together something totally non-impressive though.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Speaker

*kills boss*

"The End"

... "Continue to Nightmare mode?"

lol... Honestly that would probably be preferable to some lengthy exposition.
Closed Thread

Tags
cgi, cutscenes, installments, story