Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Supporter

You're a big fan of ARPGs
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Speaker

Haven't preordered, yet, but based on the demo "beta" it tickles my item hoarding bone just right.
It has a comparatively huge shared bank/stash to begin with, an area in which Grim Dawn is lacking severely. (according to the few screenshots)

EDIT: Belay that.
I just saw that they're asking 60 € for the preorder! (80 $ as of today's exchange rate)
I can wait.

Last edited by Gazz; 05-01-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Haven't preordered, yet, but based on the demo "beta" it tickles my item hoarding bone just right.
It has a comparatively huge shared bank/stash to begin with, an area in which Grim Dawn is lacking severely. (according to the few screenshots)

EDIT: Belay that.
I just saw that they're asking 60 for the preorder! (80 $ as of today's exchange rate)
I can wait.
89 For me
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Supporter

Smile

i got the Collectors Edition pre-ordered as well with Grim Dawn. I am also getting Torchlight 2 and i am playing Path of Exile too. I love ARPGs but wished that these games could have been released at different times with bigger windows but oh well, got enough to hold me until Grim Dawn.

We are that much closer now.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albedoshin View Post
i got the Collectors Edition pre-ordered as well with Grim Dawn. I am also getting Torchlight 2 and i am playing Path of Exile too. I love ARPGs but wished that these games could have been released at different times with bigger windows but oh well, got enough to hold me until Grim Dawn.
How is this related this Diablo 3? o.O
Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Supporter

I clicked on the wrong link i guess but its got a very small bit thats about D3.

Since i totally know what post im in now, What class are you guys going to be? My main is going to be the WD, Soul Harvest all the way with him and i cant see why you woulnd't want to use that skill.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Supporter

Ditto on the D3 pre-order and GD KS. Also did the Banner Saga KS but that was more because they had awesome concept art than knowing how the final product will play. TL2 maybe later in the year.

Hah albed, guess we're both going wd main. oddly enough, i probably won't be building off of soul harvest during the early game. i found that i wasn't using it a lot in the weekend beta, as incredibly op as it is, since i was always out of range.

curious, what are your mouse buttons going to be initially?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Supporter

hahahaha, it is actually easy to get close to the mobs to use soul harvest, this will probably change in order later on but i would use Jumping Corpse Spiders LMB, i forget the name of it but the slowing aoe with the rune to increase the slow to 80% i believe it was RMB, Horrify 1 and Soul Harvest 2. I also had the passive which redusces incomming damage.

So i would always start by running in, use the Soul Harvest, then Horrify the second after, run away a bit and chuck some spiders. once they started to come for me i would then slow them. It worked like a charm everytime

i was doing a MF build and using Sould Harvest i got my DPS around 90

Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Supporter

Ahh, real nice -- yeah, I was guessing that you were doing either frogs or spiders on lmb. Grasp of the dead on rmb, right? i never tried the combo with horr and sh... will have to check that out. =]

i was doing splinter darts and haunt on the mouse buttons. rabid dogs and sac on the keyboard. for regular mobs, 2 or 3 haunts into the front and middle, then machine gun them so haunt would start spreading. rinse/repeat. for SK, i'd sac the dogs, then do the haunt/splinter thing on him and the skelly spawns.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Supporter

Talking

Thats the skill, Grasp of the Dead. Soo many new spells to learn the names to now with the passives and runes as well xD

Although i am now leaning towards the frogs a bit more since my build is kinda an in your face cause i do have to get close to land the soul harvest and all. I think you should totally try it out cause im not sure if you knew this but the INT bonus you get increases by 2 for every level you get so thats a whole 10 points of INT per level

I only used that one build i had for the whole thing since i could deal with any situation even being naked which was tough and had a few close calls along the way XD I was also looking into the whole summonig aspect with the dogs and the gargantuan or however it is spelled but there are soo many cool skills he has that its soo hard to choose :P

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, difficulty