Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Well, you better get started working on them then...

Maybe we should have had a Kickstarter project project so we could hire a full-time artist to work on our Kickstarter project?
There's already a bunch of them on this site. Such as

and

And a few others. I'm sure there's more you could dig up and put on the kickstarter page.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Speaker

I think we are fine with the updates. We should just concentrate on getting the word out. The TQ-round mail brought around some people who had not heard of the project at all(!) before, so I believe the project just needs more exposure. We are already 42% over the pledged goal (120K!!), which is quite a lot of money.

What does that mean? That means WE as a community should give more effort and spread the word. Medierra has done some impressive stuff already
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #983  
Old 05-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

To what end? I think the problem is getting more people to our KS page, not impressing them once they've arrived. There is already a lot of material up there and putting more material into the story page, which is already quite long, isn't going to get new people visiting the project. Those monsters also already appear in the videos and I'm sure quite a few of the backers who originated from the forums and our Facebook following have already seen those images.

My feeling is that we need new material that the gaming press will want to circulate, not old monster images posted into the story that people won't see unless they're already on the KS project. Given how universally positive the comments about the game have been, I think when people who are interested in ARPG make it to the KS page, most of them pledge.

Its too bad KS doesn't have like a "project gallery" as that seems like it would be a much better way to display such things and I think it would make sense in that context.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Champion

Showing 399,000 even on kickstarter now
Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Acolyte

This game certainly deserves better media coverage, I hope it gets more before the end of the kickstarter. There won't be a surge in funds without an influx of new backers.
Unfortunatly I have no idea of how to go about getting more media coverage
The average pledge amount suggests that those who do like it, like it a lot.
Less than half the backers are at the lowest tier, this is better than the other games I have backed.
You should be proud of that!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Initiate

Finally got my pre-ordered copy of Diablo 3 today. Now that I'm aware how Blizzard dropped the ball with the DRM, I'm not going to open the package though. I'm sending the game back to the store later this week and get a refund.

I was thinking of a way to use this opportunity to help with Grim Dawn. I didn't want to up my pledge from my current 78$ as I've promised to give the second set of keys to a friend. Apparently it's possible to pledge more money and select a lower reward tier, but I came up with another idea. I decided to give most of the money that I got back from Diablo 3 refund to another friend who is interested of Grim Dawn but wasn't going to get the game until the final release. The idea being that he'd use the money towards pledging for the 50$ tier himself - which he did earlier today...

Another player for the alpha phase and whatnot...
Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Supporter

i dunno, the last minute (day) surges surely aren't due to people getting to the page at that time for the first time, are they? just want to keep the spirit level high is all...

and consequent step there, wade, welcome.

Last edited by durruti; 05-16-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Champion

Some of the last day "surge" will come from people who are watching the project, but haven't backed yet. Is there a mechanism for devs to see how many are watching?
Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Champion

Woot! 400k. We got ourselves a new environment!

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
To what end? I think the problem is getting more people to our KS page, not impressing them once they've arrived. There is already a lot of material up there and putting more material into the story page, which is already quite long, isn't going to get new people visiting the project. Those monsters also already appear in the videos and I'm sure quite a few of the backers who originated from the forums and our Facebook following have already seen those images.

My feeling is that we need new material that the gaming press will want to circulate, not old monster images posted into the story that people won't see unless they're already on the KS project. Given how universally positive the comments about the game have been, I think when people who are interested in ARPG make it to the KS page, most of them pledge.

Its too bad KS doesn't have like a "project gallery" as that seems like it would be a much better way to display such things and I think it would make sense in that context.
Arthur I partly disagree. I'm sure there are lots of people who visit and don't contribute because they need something extra to convince them. This might just be the thing. The littlest thing can sway some people.

It wouldnt hurt to try it, what do you have to lose by putting a few monster art pictures up in the next update and mentioning more funds will help produce more/better monsters like these?

There's only 58 hours to go so why not throw everything you can out there to generate interest?! You have nothing to lose and if you gain even a handful of fence-sitters it was a success.

Yay 400k!!

I'm surprised we dont have more $4k and $8k backers after seeing some other kickstarter campaigns have sold those tiers out.

Only $80k to go in 58 hours for the final stretch goal...that's only about $1,380 an hour. Gogogogo!

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Last edited by Chameleon; 05-16-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website