Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Champion

Actually, GD has a typical activity for a whole class of KS projects. There are several ways the project can evolve, it does not necessary include the insane overfunding or final big boom. There are very many factors affecting the whole picture. It may start from the initial funding goal set - who knows what would happen if it would set to $400K? Maybe it would not funded at all but probably we'd see those crazy few $M in the end - or maybe we'd see exactly the same final There are other things which could (or could not, you never know already) change the situation.
In any way - the goal is reached, essential stretch goals are fulfilling as well (though it's a pity we most probably will not reach them all but I prefer to say the glass is half-full than half-empty ) so cheers for Crate and GD! I hope you guys now feel much better about the future. And you truly deserve it.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Initiate

You have alot of work on your plate with creating the game and shouldn't have to be bothered with tracking all the finacial stuff and people changing thier minds so you and your team may focus on your game. I was just throwing that out there and didn't know if anyone else had asked. I guess I need to belly up to the bar or S#%T and get off the pot by Friday if I wan't to make sure I get the PHAT LUTE. I understand this this becase my wife earned her MBA and has an application in to the SBA for a Resteraunt for a loan and every dime and all finacial transaction are under scrutiny so i'm kinda in the same boat with all this logisical crap.

Game on brothers eer Programers.... Yea I'm liking foward to a Grim Dawn.... Ironic!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Yeah, wondering that myself. Grim Dawn has just been a steady stream of pledges and we've surpassed our goal, so I'm happy but man, where's our big finale?!

I'm guessing the arrival of D3 has taken the attention of most ARPG fans now. All in all, I can't complain... too much!

Just get the word out that this is the final days and the last chance that people will have (or do a stream, just sayin').
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Champion

Quote:
Yeah, wondering that myself. Grim Dawn has just been a steady stream of pledges and we've surpassed our goal
Isn't this the story of your arpg-life? It went the same way with TitanQuest-sales, no?^^

Anyway just be happy you made almost 400.000$ which is amazing.
A small question though: If you don't make the 400.000 for some weird witchcraft-related reason and only got let's say 399.000$ would you still add the new environment if additional money came in over preorders?

"Buying things enhances my gaming experience."
Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Champion

Quote:
Kevin, we're not quite certain yet what will be happening with the pre-order system once KS ends. We just haven't had a lot of time to think about it. I don't want to promise that all the KS rewards will be available still but I have gotten similar questions / requests and I think we may be able to make some of the KS options available for a time on the website. Sorry I can't give you a firmer answer but we just haven't thought that far yet.
I hope you do have a pre-order system of some kind. In the end, I did have to cancel my pledge because I will no longer support or use Kickstarter. Yes, I will lose out on a lot of great stuff (I was in at the $35 level) but in the end, it's the principle, and I'll not sell out my principle so that I can enjoy certain things.

I have pushed this project on other sites, on other kickstarter pages, and I completely believe in it. I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from. I do hope we see that final surge. As soon as you open pre-orders here I'll back you with the same pledge amount I did on Kickstarter, even if it is ONLY to receive a digital download of the final product (Depending on timing, maybe I'll even throw more at your feet - last month I backed a lot at Kickstarter and was pretty tapped :P). I want to make sure you receive the money that I was willing to pledge to you before Kickstarter decided to go down the path of caving to misinformed bloggers with an agenda and continued on with their uninformed censorship.

Good luck guys - know that I will be refreshing that page for the next two days and still pushing the project outside of Kickstarter

Last edited by Shoganai; 05-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Initiate

Hi everybody
this is my first post on the forums, and I would like to say good job "Crate" on making aRPG that is set in steampunk enviroment. I loved Titan Quest, I'm still playing it today sometimes... So I'm sure I will love Grim Dawn as well, otherwise I wouldn't have backed you up

Hope you make this game the best as it can be
Old 05-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Initiate

Hey guys! I wish I knew about this game earlier! Last year I purchased Titans Quest for my older brother and myself and we had a blast completing it. Grim Dawn looks very promising.

I see that the Kickstarter donations ends on the 18th. I would love to make a contribution to the game but I am dead broke until next Monday. Will I still be able to purchase the game next week?

Appreciate what you guys are doing for the genre! This is exactly what the ARPG fans need xD
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Supporter

hey hey, what's with the morale? there's still two and a half me... i mean days left and with no surge in backers we'll firmly arrive at 425k, so 450k is perfectly within reach. although an update containing concept art/screenshots as well as the newer pledge levels sounds like a good idea...

also hi & thanks to the new guys. borovnica, grim dawn is less steampunk and more victorian era with some technological inconsistencies. and rodney, yes, there's going to be a preorder system (like there was before kickstarter), so no worries. although you could probably also pledge as the money is collected during a time period after the kickstarter campaign ended.

Last edited by durruti; 05-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #979  
Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
I still think there should have been a lot of monster images put up showing off what is and could be in game with more funding...I mentioned that a while ago.
Well, you better get started working on them then...

Maybe we should have had a Kickstarter project project so we could hire a full-time artist to work on our Kickstarter project?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Supporter

dude, med, try to take your mind off all that stuff for a couple of hours, the stress is starting to show. how about some serious sam 3?

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website