Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Campaigner

Why do some projects have up to 33 Days?

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Why do some projects have up to 33 Days?
God made them that way.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void(null) View Post
God made them that way.
Ahh.

So around a month is the maximum time for any project? I'm not familiar with Kickstarter.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Champion

If you look out your windows to the left, you will notice we are passing over the $30,000 mark.

My F5 key is going to be worn out before the day is done.

Currently Playing: Bayonetta
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
If you look out your windows to the left, you will notice we are passing over the $30,000 mark.

My F5 key is going to be worn out before the day is done.
Shouldnt you be using this button?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...=false&p=0&v=u

Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Praetorian

dont want to worry folks but there is an interesting read over on the DFA forum, where did all the money go

need to be a DFA backer to see the forum

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6443/

however, we all know that DFA made 3.4 mill right? well it seems from fees, manufacturing and other things, they only have 2.2 mill for the game, amazon took %5 and KS took their 5%, then there is money needed for the physical rewards, I also wonder how much WL2 will have at the end of the fees and manufacturing costs?

people, I suggest you keep to digital rewards if you can, boxes might be good and all, but unless CRate gets loads of money, they will only have a smaller amount to play with after fees, anyway the above is an interesting read, I don't want Crate to fall into the same trap if too many people want physical rewards, lets give Crate as much money as possible after fees

just a heads up

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Campaigner

These kind of things that crop up was why I wondered if Crate needed to go through Kickstarter and may have been a reason why Path of Exile did their own version of Kickstarter.

Still, 2.2mill is 2.2mill more than they would otherwise have had...

And Grim Dawn seems to be going great guns. Kickstarter has generated a lot more interest in the past 6 hours than Crate has had in the last 6 months it seems.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfarmery View Post
dont want to worry folks but there is an interesting read over on the DFA forum, where did all the money go

need to be a DFA backer to see the forum

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6443/

however, we all know that DFA made 3.4 mill right? well it seems from fees, manufacturing and other things, they only have 2.2 mill for the game, amazon took %5 and KS took their 5%, then there is money needed for the physical rewards, I also wonder how much WL2 will have at the end of the fees and manufacturing costs?

people, I suggest you keep to digital rewards if you can, boxes might be good and all, but unless CRate gets loads of money, they will only have a smaller amount to play with after fees, anyway the above is an interesting read, I don't want Crate to fall into the same trap if too many people want physical rewards, lets give Crate as much money as possible after fees

just a heads up
There's a pie graph in that thread and it's mostly orange. Now I'm really craving pecan pie. This is all your fault, matthewfarmery.

On a serious note, I was pretty much expecting the breakdown to look something like that. Physical rewards don't just magically make themselves for free. My current contribution puts my total (from before and Kickstarter) at the Digital Deluxe Edition. Even if I do contribute more (and I will if I can) I really don't have any want or need for a physical boxed version so I'll write that in my email if I wind up contributing enough that it would put me into one of the higher tiers. Hopefully this Kickstarter makes so much money that even after all expenses Crate Entertainment winds up getting WAY MORE than the original goal of $280,000 that goes directly to the game.

Currently Playing: Bayonetta
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
Hopefully this Kickstarter makes so much money that even after all expenses Crate Entertainment winds up getting WAY MORE than the original goal of $280,000 that goes directly to the game.
Likewise, I'm hoping this hits the news sites and really starts to snowball... and not in that perverse sort of way.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Praetorian

I know WL2 devs and DFA devs are pros and probably used to this and factored in the rewards, but this is something that Crate really need to look at and hope people choose digital rewards over physical, so less cost for Crate to endure, yes KS and amazon will take their cuts, but if people really want to help Crate, go digital, it will help Crate in the long run. still worth a read if you can access the backer only forums

I will see if I can pledge more, but I will keep my reward fixed at the $85 tier as I want Crate to have as much money as possible, I still advise people to do the same if they can, sure go for the physical rewards if you really want, just remember some of the cost will go into making it, and less for Crate to spend

but I also hope Crate really do well, enough to go very high indeed

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website