Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
For some reason it feels like we are waaaay more than half way through to me. The end seems so close.
Yeah, I am feeling that too..I've been quite disappointed with arpg community these days.. =(

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Supporter

Have our backers declined cause it seems like those numbers are dragging a bit more as of late? Everytime i check it seems the jump gets smaller and smaller.

We are that much closer now.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Supporter

the project's doing fine, the reddit iama doubled pledges for a day and it's now back to ~7000$ a day, subjectively though that drags on forever. and don't feel disappointed, i know people take double fine/inxile as a comparison but i think we went over this multiple times already... plus the timing arguably does indeed hurt and people tend to see kickstarter as some kind of obscure uncertain preorder/investment instead of the establishing of a possibility of a self-determined work environment. i mean, even if i tried to be disappointed with the greater arpg flock, i can't because we're in this together and frankly that's what counts.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by durruti View Post
the project's doing fine, the reddit iama doubled pledges for a day and it's now back to ~7000$ a day, subjectively though that drags on forever. and don't feel disappointed, i know people take double fine/inxile as a comparison but i think we went over this multiple times already... plus the timing arguably does indeed hurt and people tend to see kickstarter as some kind of obscure uncertain preorder/investment instead of the establishing of a possibility of a self-determined work environment. i mean, even if i tried to be disappointed with the greater arpg flock, i can't because we're in this together and frankly that's what counts.
Yeah, if you put it into perspective Grim Dawn will be about 7th on the most funded money list once it is complete. Which is pretty good really for what is basically an as yet unknown game and developer.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Speaker

I would really like a potpourri (or medley if you like) with perhaps 10 gameplay clips à 5-10 seconds from different settings, environments, time of day and weather. It would show how versitile the game is.

I love the previous gameplay movies, but everyone is in a very dark and gloomy setting (as offcourse should be grim dawn's niché). But I believe showing (off) the different settings could make wonders in the hunt of getting more backers from KS.

There are beautiful screenshots from golden fields in daytime, bronze-like lighting in the dusk/dawn, emerald greens in the forest, misty views on high altitude, heavy rain etc. The list could go on and on, and I think a video with this would really boost the income

It's just my two cents

Legendary key owner - upgraded to Boxed Special Edition
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferus View Post
I would really like a potpourri (or medley if you like) with perhaps 10 gameplay clips à 5-10 seconds from different settings, environments, time of day and weather. It would show how versitile the game is.

I love the previous gameplay movies, but everyone is in a very dark and gloomy setting (as offcourse should be grim dawn's niché). But I believe showing (off) the different settings could make wonders in the hunt of getting more backers from KS.

There are beautiful screenshots from golden fields in daytime, bronze-like lighting in the dusk/dawn, emerald greens in the forest, misty views on high altitude, heavy rain etc. The list could go on and on, and I think a video with this would really boost the income

It's just my two cents
Sounds like a good idea to me! /agree

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albedoshin View Post
Have our backers declined cause it seems like those numbers are dragging a bit more as of late? Everytime i check it seems the jump gets smaller and smaller.
You can check the day to day funding here,

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cra...ment/grim-dawn
Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Orange View Post
You can check the day to day funding here,

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cra...ment/grim-dawn
Yep from the day to day funding we are still on average. We did have a decent amount of backers yesterday almost 200 so it kind of shows that most of the people went with the 18 dollar tier yesterday because 200 ppl at 7.1k is a little low.

However we only need an average of 2.1k a day to make our goal in 15 days. Aka we will make that goal and break it by some. Plus remember that guy who was giving 100k if he still in fact is?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercrazy View Post
it kind of shows that most of the people went with the 18 dollar tier yesterday because 200 ppl at 7.1k is a little low.
7100/197=36.04

Math pwned!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Supporter

88% funded .......... sweet!

Every little milestone counts. I mean, if you don't put one foot in front of the other, how you gonna get there?

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website