Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkham View Post
Firstly, if you can afford it just at the end of Kickstarter, then you can pledge right now...
I know this wasn't directed at me but I'm going to butt in anyway. In my particular case this does not apply. Reason being that I am determined to also pledge for the upcoming Tex Murphy Kickstarter and I want to see what the tiers look like. If one of the tiers offers an actual, genuine, bona-fide, 100% authentic Tex Murphy fedora, I will pledge that tier even if I have to sell a kidney to do it. Luckily the Grim Dawn Kickstarter and the Tex Murphy Kickstarter will overlap by 3 days so I will have time to see what the tiers look like in that Kickstarter then up my pledge to Grim Dawn if I can afford to.

Of course I'm likely a somewhat isolated case... For the sake of the world I better be... Imagine a bunch of Keyrocks running around out there... *shudders*

In other news the Kickstarter is now 75% to the initial goal. With any luck we will reach the goal before this coming week is over (or this current week depending on if the week starts on Sunday or Monday in your neck of the woods).

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Last edited by Keyrock; 04-29-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Supporter

But I really can't see why people will buy it 1 year earlier just to save 2 dollars. Personally, I would wait for it to release and see the reviews before buying it and pay an extra 2 dollars.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
But I really can't see why people will buy it 1 year earlier just to save 2 dollars. Personally, I would wait for it to release and see the reviews before buying it and pay an extra 2 dollars.
First off they haven't decided if they are going to charge 20 or 25 for the game. IMO they should charge 25 the game looks amazing. On top of that because people that are willing to "save" 2 dollars help get the game completed in a timely manner as well as increase the content in the actual game. I supported this game a year ago not because I'd be saving money but because I absolutely loved Titan Quest, and I'd love to see another quality aRPG along those lines.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Supporter

Wink

I'm not sure how many people actually did the $18 one to save a few bucks but for the most part, like Hypercrazy just mentioned, it is mostly to speed up the process for the game to be finished. The more money the acquire the faster the game can come out with more items, locations etc. If you like TQ you should like this game as well from what has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:13 AM
Initiate

I just found out about Grim Dawn after being a fan of Titan Quest for a few years. all this time i've wondered how could such a great game just die and the development team/company just go under/disappear.. so after searching for a game on the internet similar to Titan Quest i find news about a game called Grim Dawn. boy was I happy when i heard it's being developed by some of the original creators from TQ.

it is unfortunate that i hadn't known about this game earlier or else i would have preordered (before KS deal) otherwise i would have liked the 'early adopters' original metal/items that were offered.

really looking forward to the game.

cheers
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
I just found out about Grim Dawn after being a fan of Titan Quest for a few years. all this time i've wondered how could such a great game just die and the development team/company just go under/disappear.. so after searching for a game on the internet similar to Titan Quest i find news about a game called Grim Dawn. boy was I happy when i heard it's being developed by some of the original creators from TQ.

it is unfortunate that i hadn't known about this game earlier or else i would have preordered (before KS deal) otherwise i would have liked the 'early adopters' original metal/items that were offered.

really looking forward to the game.

cheers
Hope it comes out soon!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Campaigner

If only Grim Dawn was as successful as these guys!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...droid/comments

Oh and I think the board is bugged as my posts keep losing their text colour.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Last edited by Rhis; 04-30-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: or perhaps someone is cracking down on overuse of tags =)
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Supporter

Smile

That is INSANE!

Could you imagine what they could do with that much money? I bet they wouldn't even know what to do with that sum of money. Ill be shocked if they get over $400,000 seeing how slow it seems to be going.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Speaker

Maybe Medierra should throw in a watch.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Supporter

I backed Shadowrun as well and this is what I noticed: the Shadowrun guy made several videos with his team. Isn't this that appealed to the larger audience? Medierra and the team, I suggest you to do the same as soon as possible, not for us fans from the earliest hour, but for the other guys (floating guys), the potential backers.

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website