Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Minister of Information

Hi imrickjames.

You should be fine using Amazon payments US - given you have a credit card. I am backing three projects and used this service previously to pay for the BeMine bundle.

If Amazon requires you to provide US details, please create a new account with them.

... welcome to the forests
Old 04-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Speaker

75%
Keep it coming!!

Legendary key owner - upgraded to Boxed Special Edition
Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Hi imrickjames.

You should be fine using Amazon payments US - given you have a credit card. I am backing three projects and used this service previously to pay for the BeMine bundle.

... welcome to the forests
I hoped that there was a chance that it was possible to use the german amazon payments as I don't have a credit card.

So, no way to support Crate using kickstarter for me. Sad. Thanks anyway.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Minister of Information

Maybe you can ask a friend or relative with a CC to help you out.

Alternatively you can try virtual CCs: mywirecard, ukash or paysafecard.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Counsel

Maybe this question was previously asked, alas I can't manage to find an answer for it: I am interested in the tier that would give the boxed version of the game, with a booklet about Grim Dawn development. However there is no way I can afford it right now: will we be able to pay for that tier once kickstart is over?

My channel (aka "proof that I am really wasting my time with random things"): http://www.youtube.com/user/0Xss0?feature=mhum
Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Speaker

Firstly, if you can afford it just at the end of Kickstarter, then you can pledge right now, as you won't be charged before the project (successfully) ends. For after, you have to wait an answer for Rhis or medierra.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Counsel

I'll have to wait for an answer from Rhis and/or Medierra: it will be somewhat unwise for me to get it now (I could in a couple of months, or when the game comes out :/).

My channel (aka "proof that I am really wasting my time with random things"): http://www.youtube.com/user/0Xss0?feature=mhum
Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Minister of Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xss View Post
Maybe this question was previously asked, alas I can't manage to find an answer for it: I am interested in the tier that would give the boxed version of the game, with a booklet about Grim Dawn development. However there is no way I can afford it right now: will we be able to pay for that tier once kickstart is over?
Question was asked in Collectors and Deluxe Edition be available after KickStarter? ... alas, no answer yet

OK, you are asking for the even higher tiers: Hoarder's Edition and Enthusiast's Edition ... I can only refer you to my previous ramblings in above thread

Update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crate Entertainment
from the KS comments (April 29)
We're not sure if we'll offer the boxed version after Kickstarter ends. We may partner with a publisher at some point to get a boxed version into retail stores but I can't really say for certain.

Last edited by eisprinzessin; 04-29-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added medierra's KS feedback
Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrickjames. View Post
I hoped that there was a chance that it was possible to use the german amazon payments as I don't have a credit card.

So, no way to support Crate using kickstarter for me. Sad. Thanks anyway.
You can set up an Amazon account in any country. I live in Switzerland and have accounts with both Amazon UK and US, using my Swiss details. You can also use a debit card to set up an account so this should be no problem for you. Simply set up your account with the card you want and then use the pledge setup on Kickstarter. Then it will take you to your US account where you check in and complete the payment as normal.

It may be that it will only accept credit cards, but as Kickstarter does not process the monies pledged until after the end pledge date I would think they would do the same with debit cards.

Hope this helps you.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Supporter

Talking

Pheww, that was alot of reading i had to do, away for one day and 5 pages worth of posts

Some of the items on the kickstarter tiers are ONLY for the kickstarter period like the medals. All of the other stuff would be tough to say but i hope you can get the answer you would like to hear

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website