Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Initiate

I would like to see the project done but tbh increase of money is slowing down quite a bit. We will see... Keeping my fingers crossed for this to work!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouDy View Post
I would like to see the project done but tbh increase of money is slowing down quite a bit. We will see... Keeping my fingers crossed for this to work!
It certainly has slowed down, but as far as the initial goal of 280k is concerned it's still looking good.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Champion

Yeah, I'm not worried about the Kickstarter reaching the initial goal of $280,000. I'm hoping the pledges pick back up so that the goal can be exceeded and by a large margin so that after Kickstarter and Amazon take their cuts, and Crate covers the expenses for all the physical goods, they still wind up with a good chunk of money to help make the game the best it can be. With that said, I'll feel better once the $280,000 make is reached.

Currently Playing: Might & Magic X: Legacy, Guacamelee!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Advocate

I'm also backing Shadowrun Returns but find the "stretch goals" and associated amounts somewhat arbitrary. It seems more about how much can be obtained and not necessarily for the betterment of the game. I'd like to see a very successful Kickstarter project like that suggesting the wealth be spread around other projects or advising contributors not to spend more than they can afford or offering to do something "extra" without backers having to stump up more cash.

One of the things that most attracts me to this project is that the developers appear genuinely interested in providing the best quality of experience for the game player and no matter how much money is amassed, that won't change or be diluted.

I would have liked for Grim Dawn to get well beyond its target so that one of the stretch goals could have been to pay its employees for all the unpaid work they have so far done. However, not sure that would be appreciated by all of the backers. Still, you can't please all of the people....
Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Supporter

Talking

I have no worries at all as well for them hitting their goal. Just wish that it would go faster than it is now. Moving at a slow pace but at least its steady.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Champion

So within a few hours we skyrocketed from 182k to 188k. I wonder what happened.^^

"Buying things enhances my gaming experience."
Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Supporter

I never noticed that actually, I think the word is starting to actually get around now. This is a good sign id say. :-D
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Advocate

I've noticed the total is going down sometimes....people must be downgrading their pledges for the 2 copy tier or something.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Supporter

Its actually going down a bit? I hope you don't see it drop too much. That might be the reason its being going up so slow.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Advocate

I'm sure it was at $188,800ish and when I refreshed the page it was at $188,100ish...but I could just be seeing things as it's late and I'm tired.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website