Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Initiate

I haven't posted here yet, i mainly lurk around a bit now and then. I always loved TQ and played it lots, i keep recommending it to friends (stubborn as they are ), and i still love the game. A sad day when Iron Lore had to close down.
So i was overjoyed when i first learned of Crate and Grim Dawn! It then didn't take long to decide i wanted to support and switfly got the Legendary edition. By now i'm sure the game will be awe-some, and i can't wait to lay hands on it! So now i went for the Enthusiast's Edition
I haven't really help fund anything else yet since it didn't really interest me, so this was the ideal time! Looking forward to the box, goodies, and game.
<3 to Crate and the community!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Praetorian

hi, nice to see you registered, we are having a nice influx of people, even if you may not have registered until now, but hi anyway, so hope we will see you around the forums

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Initiate

Just came across Grim Dawn today on the Kickstarter "Staff Picks" section. Was a huge fan of TQ, so when I heard all the details about it, and saw the gameplay video, I just HAD to back the project!

Can't wait to see where this project goes!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Praetorian

hi and welcome to another new member

enjoy your stay and thanks for the support, as Crate really needs it now

Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Initiate

Ave people of the Grim Dawn forums !

As suggested on the Kickstarter project, I'm looking for some useful informations detailed along the many threads of this forums.
And there's wayyyyy too much posts to read. It will take like years

So far, one particular post of medierra kept my attention :

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Maybe I'm being a little cynical but, as someone with knowledge about the costs involved with development, I find the budgets and motivation for some of the projects appearing now to be a little questionable.

I also feel like people who have a true passion for something should take some personal risk and invest some of their own time and money into it before asking other people for their money.

Banner Saga is a good example of a project where the people involved have taken personal risk, put in a lot of hard work already and obviously have a lot of passion. That's something I feel happy to support even if it doesn't work out because those guys have a lot at stake themselves.
Seems like Stoic have the same kind of "vision" :

Quote:
Stoic commented on a project

If you're concerned for the future health of Indie games on Kickstarter then I think the most important thing for supporters to look for is how many projects the team has supported. I've seen "Kick it Forward" stickers on companies that haven't supported a single project. We've backed 11 and will soon be backing 2 more. I really like the game and more importantly the message from the 'Grim Dawn' guys. -Arnie
Old 04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Grim Dawn has it a bit difficult because people who see it for the first time are like "so it's like like Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2? I think I am satisfied."
The other side of that coin is that Grim Dawn is NOT Diablo 3, which alienated many of that series' fans through the development process. GD has the gritty, dark, hardcore style of D3, which is quite different than the bright cartoon world of Torchlight.

I love Torchlight, though, and I'll be all over Torchlight 2. I'm not as interested in D3 as I once was, mostly due to Grim Dawn.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Praetorian

wow nice of him, hopefully that will pull in a few new members, awesome that he did that

Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Champion

Well the rate of pledges coming in has definitely slowed down today, which was to be expected, but the Kickstarter is still chugging along and at 118k now. I think it may break 125k before the day is over.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 8, Golden Sun
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Counsel

Just broke $119k and toward $120k, it's getting slower to raise the amount compare to last few days.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

120k and counting. Yeah, it's slowing down unfortunately. Most people who were eager to donate have already done so by now, it also falls partially to us fans to spread the word and encourage people to check out the game.

It's not completely slowed down yet and like a lot of Kickstarter projects, it'll generate more interest once it's closer to the deadline. I hope we get to see the 50% mark tomorrow.

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website