Old 01-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Emissary

Default [Pyromancer] Brimstone Gunslinger

Brimstone Gunslinger

Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it.
Bane ~ The Dark Knight Rises.

First and Foremost
This build can be used with 2h wepons eliminating the gear requirements (IE Harbringer Set). I built the build around the use of Deviltongue's as that is what i had, and i play self found.

Grimcalc Build Dual Weild
Grimcalc Build 2h

The Concept of this build is to Stack OA to maintain crits while capping your resists. 50% of your physical damage is converted to Fire dmg. You have a fallback heal button of blood of Dreeg while using both Curse of Fraility and Flashbang to CC / Debuff mobs. Devotion should be providing the majority of your resists so you can focus on survive-ability / DPS.

Video of the Gear and Brief Action
Build using a 2h

More Video's
Spoiler!

Required Gear for the build
Any of the Following
Empowered Gunslinger's Jacket
Empowered Maraders Ammo Pouch
Gunslinger's Talisman
Marauder's Talisman
Suggested Gear for the build
Weapons = Deviltongue's | Exterminus
Helm = Clairvoyant's Hat | Empowered Eyes of Flame | Ulzuin's Headguard
Amulet = Empowered Essence of Beronath | Empowered Alazra's Ruby
Rings = Empowered Seal of the Blazing Inferno | Empowered Chillsurge Ring | Golath Ring of Attack
Chest = Empowered Gunslinger's Jacket
Leggings = Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind
Relic = Ulzuin's Pyroclasm
Belt = Hammerfall Girdle | Ulzuin's Torment
Medal = Blood Sigil of Ch'Thon | Pyroclasm Mark
Boots = Golemborn Greaves
Gloves = Voidsteel Gauntlets
Shoulders = Ulzuin's Shoulderguard | Empowered Warlord's Spaulders

Suggested Components and Stats
For this build you want to hit roughly 650 Phys. As a General Rule you can do 1/1 phys and spirit. The only cunning required for this build is the cunning required for your choice weapon requirements. Hawk provides a -15%.
Components can range on this build depending on which direction you want to go with Damage. Personally i go heavy Fire damage. I am running 2x Devil Touched Ammo. This is purely at your discretion. The components in Armor are just to boast your resists as needed.

Suggested Leveling Path
Spoiler!

Suggested Devotion's and Variations

DPS - 68k~Dps by Ironpunta
Spoiler!

DPS
Spoiler!

Hybrid - Tank/DPS
Spoiler!

Leaching - Theory Crafted / Untested
Spoiler!

Tank
Spoiler!

Last edited by Cryodacry; 04-13-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:02 AM
Emissary

(reserved)

Reserved for more room
Old 01-22-2016, 05:35 AM
Supporter

Couldnt wait till u had sumthing to post?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:39 AM
Supporter

Sorry for the grump.

I told a thread yesterday i would have a chaos gunslinger build up in a day or two (just waiting on sum feedback), then u created this and i assume it was only to get in first as thei are no other choas gunslingers atm. You prob dindt see my post, silly of me, sorry.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:03 AM
Initiate

Good timing. I happened to just kill Log Ultimate with a Fire/Chaos Pyromancer gunslinger. In fact, my very first Grim Dawn character . Overall I'm quite happy with how my character turned out in the end, because initially I was really struggling the first time against Log on Veteran (died like 40 times lol), did ok on Log Elite (still died 5 times), and finally defeated Log Ultimate (0 death!). Thanks to a lot of good tips on this forum. Would be interested to see how you built your Pyro.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross{x}Hair View Post
Sorry for the grump.

I told a thread yesterday i would have a chaos gunslinger build up in a day or two (just waiting on sum feedback), then u created this and i assume it was only to get in first as thei are no other choas gunslingers atm. You prob dindt see my post, silly of me, sorry.
honestly bud i just started this char last week and it's good enough i though i would make a build for it. If you want to take over .... go for it. You can see my build link so i guess you can be the judge on if it's different or not. I just hit 60 with it last night and it's crazy good atm. My buddy i play with describes the build as "wholesale slaughter"
Old 01-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Praetorian

Remove all your points from Temper and put them into Second Rite. The %energy burn provides a huge help against heroes.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:00 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
Remove all your points from Temper and put them into Second Rite. The %energy burn provides a huge help against heroes.
actually i purposely got rid of second rite.... Energy burn on the reflect was too much for this build to do SoT as all the Knights have reflect.

Not arguing that it doesn't have a place in the build ... I purposely left it out though.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
Also Temper is a huge DPS boast for this build .... more than Second rite.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Speaker

Tried it already, it's just a very weak Sorcerer Gunslinger who can further buff fire/elec damage, buff all damage by more, reduce damage taken by 25%, invulnerability, further convert physical to fire/elect, more regen, spirit, and has more gears synergy. Not worth it all just for blood of dreeg and frailty, not even remotely.

The 2x Exterminus and Chaos damage optimized variant works better and makes some more use out of Occultist.

Last edited by Bobohoho; 01-22-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Tags
pyromancer