Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Praise worthy post.
In all honesty, I'm just nosy and excited for the game and want my fix. You could simply release a ton of new screenshots of your characters in a different area twiddling your thumbs and it will make me all happy and gitty.

That said... PLEASE RELEASE A TON OF NEW SCREENSHOTS OF YOU IN A DIFFERENT AREA TWIDDLING YOUR THUMBS... OH GOD PLEASE
Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Champion

Talking

Jees, and I thought I am the impatient one..heh.

Well said, med!

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Praetorian

well said indeed med, and I fully understand what you mean, yes with a few people working on the game, progress is slow, I for one, don't really care about the information, but a nice vid when you deem the game / build is ready for one would go a long way, but I would like to see the game, as complete and polished as you can make it

I like supporting indie devs, and Crate gets my support through and through

take your time, and don't rush anything, hopefully if more people ask for information, someone can link to that well written post of yours

yes, we do need to remember this game is still very early, and most studios don't give much information on their upcoming games until a lot later in their development cycle

but anyway, I salute you Crate team, I can't wait for the game, but take your time, I know GD will be awesome

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Campaigner

Soo, that means no video .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refried View Post

That said... PLEASE RELEASE A TON OF NEW SCREENSHOTS OF YOU IN A DIFFERENT AREA TWIDDLING YOUR THUMBS... OH GOD PLEASE
+1

Screenshots are not hard to make, and it doesn't need to have anything new on it. Just make a random screenshot. And make a ton of them, we need a fix.
and that he is within a sword-thrust of destruction.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Counsel

Perfect response by Med.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
...Also, because we're a small team, development happens at a slower pace. There is just no way a team of less than 10 people, most working part-time, can generate as much exciting new content per month as a team of 60 people... Sorry but this is just the reality of indie development.

So, that being said, if you feel that we've taken your money and owe you something we're not delivering on, we obviously don't want that and will be happy to grant you a full refund. Just email us at support@crateentertainment.com.
No, of course I don't want my money back. I'm also not asking for more content. I can see where I was unclear about that and gave you the wrong impression, and I apologize for that. I'm also not asking you to hurry up development--I'm happy to wait another three years for a good product.

I'm just asking for information that gives us a general sense of progress, like perhaps a chart that vaguely indicates progress in certain areas, be it design, implementation, testing, that sort of thing. Letting us know when milestones have been hit and when you're hoping to hit the next one. That sort of thing. A very heavily qualified date that you're aiming for for Alpha would probably be nice, as well.

Every so often when I check in, I'll see a dev post that indicates that x is done, working on y now. That's the kind of thing I'd like to see consolidated and posted somewhere prominent.

I get the feeling I've offended you, though, and I apologize for that. I'm still a supporter and a fan and I'm quite content to wait and see what you've got when you're ready to show it. Keep up the good work, gentlemen.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Champion

His point is: they won't a solid date give, but will give occasional updates.

They aren't trying to please everyone and that they are making a quality game for an aforementioned chosen demographic.

EDIT: Fair edit, by Med.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Last edited by Malpheas; 02-01-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Somewhat inflammatory... Let's be nice ; )
Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Counsel

The issue as has already pointed out is that it takes time to do what you are asking. As simple as it may seem to be to actually generate the information you are asking for would take time to compile and package together to be web-worthy. At least that's my understanding of things. Crate needs to spend time working on the important things, you know, like developing the game.

Be patient. It'll be worth it.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Initiate

Can I suggest putting these updates on the Grim Dawn homepage as well as posting to the forums? The last dev update on the site is Nov '11, which doesn't look too good for folks hitting the site for the first time.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
You donated said money because you had faith in the company, they're not really taking it or even asking for it.

Information is nice, but the way you're asking seems very rude.
They are not donations. We are (those that have paid) buying a product and left to have faith that the company will not fold up before it's finished.

Now, the OP is wrong too however, we are not investors in the company, we (again, those that have made the purchase) have simply bought a product in good faith that it will be delivered.

With that said, that which holds me back from buying the game from them, is lack of milestone information, i.e. when they believe that alpha stage will be hit, be it 4th quarter 2012, or summer 2014 etc.

Last edited by City Builder; 02-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
development, forum use, website