Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Acolyte

Default We need more details

I can understand being tight-lipped during development, and releasing 'when it's done' and all that, and I love what I've seen so far, but frankly, since you're already taking our money, $50 in my case, you sort of owe us a bit more information about your goals and milestones and general progress. Effectively, we're investors in your company, and it's time you started holding more regular progress meeting for the board. Cheers!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Praetorian

You donated said money because you had faith in the company, they're not really taking it or even asking for it.

Information is nice, but the way you're asking seems very rude.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Counsel

Actually not investors at all we pre-paid for a product. Nobody offered equity in anything when YOU decided to PRE-BUY the product. It was fully explained and laid out before you hit the 'BUY' button.

I also believe the way the OP went about this was somewhat obnoxious.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Praetorian

aren't there enough of these threads? and you just get the same information, information will probably be given when its ready to be given,

people that pre order the game due so because they want to support Crate, and enjoyed TQ, more information will probably appear in due cause, but I agree with what NZSpy said about the OP, it's really up to the devs if and when information is deemed ready to be posted, like the other replies, there is no real point is saying anything more without repeating oneself

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Campaigner

We don't want information, we want a gameplay video.
EDIT: Well, we want both, but first a video.
and that he is within a sword-thrust of destruction.

Last edited by Ragnar; 01-31-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Praetorian

I agree a vid would be nice, med did promise he would make one in the near future, but it depends on how near that is

we can hope and pray to the Crate lords for a video, and hope they make one

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7  
Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

I can appreciate the desire to see and hear more about the game. The slow trickle of information isn't about being tight-lipped so that we reserve information for press releases to gain media attention or anything like that though. When we have information we deem worthy of sharing, we just post it directly to the forum so that fans see it first. The issue is that any release of information takes a surprising amount of time to prepare and post. We're just a handful of dudes making this game, barely even what you'd consider a real studio. We don't have a dedicated community manager or even a team large enough that we can spread the community work around much. As much as some fans want to see more information released, there are others who just want the game released as quickly as possible. So, we have to balance the time spent on community interaction and information release with time spent developing the game in an effort to keep both sides happy.

The other issue is that we revealed Grim Dawn very early in development. Most games of this size and complexity are in development for a year or two, or more, before they're announced. Most studios save up information about the game during this time so that they will have a whole arsenal of exciting information and can schedule a steady trickle of releases in the year or so leading up to the game's release. By contrast, we've been releasing information about the game almost since we began development. We released our first screenshots (which seem embarassing now looking back) within the first few months of development.

Also, because we're a small team, development happens at a slower pace. There is just no way a team of less than 10 people, most working part-time, can generate as much exciting new content per month as a team of 60 people... Sorry but this is just the reality of indie development.

So, that being said, if you feel that we've taken your money and owe you something we're not delivering on, we obviously don't want that and will be happy to grant you a full refund. Just email us at support@crateentertainment.com.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Champion

<Applause>

That's more or less why I come here. I have to say though, that this response is almost sticky worthy... Would this be too daunting to new forum goers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Advocate

Agreed! there is nothing wrong with the pace of info we get. Its very understandable that not only are you not full time developers but you have a small team. This makes game development quite slow. Thats ok though because I don't care when i get to play the game just as long as i do. Take your time guys most of us are quite patient.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
The issue is that any release of information takes a surprising amount of time to prepare and post. We're just a handful of dudes making this game, barely even what you'd consider a real studio.
Just provide a link with the latest build for me and I will issue some information
Closed Thread

Tags
development, forum use, website