Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

I really like what they did with the exit button, besides the options, not much to see here with this "stress test". I fear it failed.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Praetorian

well I have a 20gig a month bandwidth limit, and already used a lot this month, 3 gig would put me closer to 20gig, so got to be careful, its a decent ISP, with decent downloads speeds, but the badwidth cap is annoying sometimes

I heard during the beta, that their servers had problems sometimes, I think blizzard either not put enough money into decent servers, (hell they should have loads of money from WOW right? ) or the servers simply can't cope with the demand, I think once the game is out, the same servers will not be able to cope, making it an online only game, will cost them dear

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Supporter

Lol can't connect yet in Belgium, would have tought that such a big company like blizzard wouldn't have any issues. Maybe to many interested people.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfarmery View Post
well I have a 20gig a month bandwidth limit, and already used a lot this month, 3 gig would put me closer to 20gig, so got to be careful, its a decent ISP, with decent downloads speeds, but the badwidth cap is annoying sometimes
20gb/month is preposterous, there shouldn't be a cap period I was thinking you were going to tell me 250/month or so, but 20? I use that in a few days!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Well, here is an idea, lets beat the hell out of their servers during their stress test so they buy tons and tons of hardware to support their "always online" game (what a joke) and then, nobody buy it.

Seriously, I connect to their server to see the news change, but I cannot play the game. If this happens with the actual game (IF I hypothetically, for example, purchased it), I would be pissed at myself for actually buying it.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
Well, here is an idea, lets beat the hell out of their servers during their stress test so they buy tons and tons of hardware to support their "always online" game (what a joke) and then, nobody buy it.

Seriously, I connect to their server to see the news change, but I cannot play the game. If this happens with the actual game (IF I hypothetically, for example, purchased it), I would be pissed at myself for actually buying it.
I pre-ordered it a while ago assuming that with WoW, Blizzard had years of server/hosting experience with online-only games >.< Now to see battle.net go down when they open the flood gates is a touch disheartening.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Supporter

Playing TQ right now lol at least don't need to connect on crashed servers.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Praetorian

well its zen broadband, it seems that from the first of April this yeah, they have double the bandwidth usage, I can't remember what package it was, that I got, but as I just read they double their allowance, then I should have more bandwidth to download the beta with

the thing is with zen broadband, they got a fair usage policy, unlike many ISPs in the UK, so while they have limited bandwidth, the download speeds is far greater, so my download speed is usually pretty good through day and night

I have a friend living in another part of the country, and he is with BT, and he can only download at a speed 1/3 the speed I can. but anyway if they have doubled their allowance, then great (zen) going to download the beta now, and lets see if we can keep those servers crashed

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Herald

Just got done playing a bit of the beta. It definitely reeks of polish and the combat feels super tight.

The lag compensation is extremely nice and a huge game changer - I can play a melee char with my australian and american friend and there's not a sign of lag except for picking up items and chatting. If I got more than 150 ping in Diablo2, I felt only sorc and bowazon were playable, and even those felt really clunky. I usually get 400+ ping to my AU friend and the combat felt entirely clientside in D3.

The biggest irk so far is the player-specific loot. It's a bit of a headache when my barb gets staves and bows while there's a monk and demon hunter in my party, or when I open a chest out of the others' view and have to call on them to come check if anything dropped.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Herald

When I get items not for my main class I send them over to my alts.

Tags
diablo