Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Advocate

Default Lazy Pokemon Master: Flying Pikachu Edition

(Part:X/Y)
V1.0.2.1! (19/10/2017)
I last updated this build guide one year and five days ago, and since that time, the lazy pokemon master has gone through many revisions on my end and now with xpac, I feel that the strongest version of this pet focused conjurer build has finally been achieved.

This new version I've (not so cleverly) dubbed the 'Flying Pikachu Edition' is much more focused in terms of goal and damage type than previous editions. It takes advantage of many new mechanics, new skills and new pets, leading to a build that wrecks face more than ever.

The New Build

Mastery Skills
There are lots of new additions to skills in the xpac, but at the same time gameplay remains relatively the same as before, just get used to having to push more buttons. I'd still call this build lazy since your pets do all the damage and could really go on without you, but you take a much more active roll in augmenting there strength than before.
Spoiler!

Devotion Tree
I mostly just talk about celestial powers here, since they are the most important thing. That being said, these devotions are useful for other miscellaneous things like resistances, health and energy regeneration. This set up just like previous ones is pretty offensive but this time has more of a lighting damage focus. Any constellations that I don't mention are just there for small stat increases and affinity bonuses.
Spoiler!

Gear Selection and Item Granted Skills
So Crate really doesn't like the Beastcaller's set. I mean it was never the most exciting set in the world but now, for the most part, there are just better pieces to use. And here I was, all excited about getting another briarthorn
Spoiler!

Leveling Guide
Since the xpac has expanded the games respec features, I feel putting a level by level, leveling guide together isn't so valuable. Instead I'll just talk about general things that may or may not help during the leveling process.
Spoiler!

Pro Tips...
Okay maybe just tip.
Spoiler!

The Old Build
I that someone wanted to see the old build. I had never even considered someone would want to do that but sure why not. Thanks to GameGeeks for providing a link to a webarchive of it.
Spoiler!

Videos
WIP

The New Conclusion Bit That's the Same as the Old One!!
As always this is a guide, not a set of rules or instructions to follow. I'm not your dad. That being said it's always cool to know what other people are doing. If you do certain things differently, let it be known because there might be others who prefer your way of doing things. It's a forum. Forumise!

Last edited by JayNyne; 10-19-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: I should proof read this but...
Old 08-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Speaker

I'd use Ancestor instead of Savage. Compared to the Hellhound and the Briarthorn, the Stormhound isn't that strong and Ancestor boosts those two far more than Savage, as well as increasing Summon Briarthorn.
The Spiritweaver Circlet increased all Occultist skills. While it's bonus on attack speed and damage, it still offers far more bonuses.
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/item...weaver-Circlet

Avoid Ground Slam and Emboldening Roar. Ground Slam is far too slow and has a small radius, Emboldening Roar is for hybrids. On a pure summoner, it just causes the Briarthorn to cast a little buff instead off killing stuff.
The best mass attack (aside from the Briarthorn's standard attack) is Lightning Strike. It's swift, has a far better chance of hitting the enemy than Ground Slam and has a greater radius. It might prevent the Familiar from casting Mend Flesh, however.

The best ring is a Subjugator's Bloodsworn Signet of the Untamed/Wild.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Initiate

i don't know why but casting that skill which inflict slow status on enemies will auto set target on you as their highest aggro.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZawZaw View Post
i don't know why but casting that skill which inflict slow status on enemies will auto set target on you as their highest aggro.
If you are referring to Curse of Frailty (CoF), then yes it does aggro the mobs to you. The mobs are responding to the debuff as more of a thread and is why you gain aggro when you use it on them.

If you want to use it, use it after your pets (if you have them) have gained aggro first.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Supporter

Before getting high lvl rings and amulets I recommend getting the rings and amulets from reputations (Rovers and Death's Vigil I think? Rovers definitely).
Old 08-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Initiate

Great stuff, thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrymas View Post
Before getting high lvl rings and amulets I recommend getting the rings and amulets from reputations (Rovers and Death's Vigil I think? Rovers definitely).
Forgot to mention that one. I'd definitely go for the Death's Vigil one though.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNyne View Post
Forgot to mention that one. I'd definitely go for the Death's Vigil one though.
I just wasn't sure that the ring was from Death's Vigil, that's all. You can buy 2 of them and use them at the same time. Also if you are going for Briarthorn - http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/item...ldspeaker-Coat is a better chest. Just don't go full-out physique so you can equip Og'Napesh, the physique isn't needed anyway and +2 to Briarthorn is better.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 PM
Initiate

I love this build for farming. I'm still trying to acquire a number of pieces of gear and relic recipes to get everything the way i want it. I have 300+ hours in game so far and certain gear/recipes are being very elusive!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeite View Post
I'd use Ancestor instead of Savage. Compared to the Hellhound and the Briarthorn, the Stormhound isn't that strong and Ancestor boosts those two far more than Savage, as well as increasing Summon Briarthorn.
The Spiritweaver Circlet increased all Occultist skills. While it's bonus on attack speed and damage, it still offers far more bonuses.
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/item...weaver-Circlet
I haven't actually tested the Nether Crown with this build but I definitely will. As for the relic, this is the Pokemon Master build and as any pokemon master will tell you, you've "gotta catch em' all".

(The Ancestor Relic is a great alternative though!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeite View Post
Yup. Sucks that the epics can't make up for the pet damage on this though...

Tags
conjurer, occultist, shaman, skills, summoner