Old 11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Apostle

Default Build Compendium II

GD Build Compendium II

Status as of B28
12/01/2015 - the new Build Compendium III is now open for business, check it out for the most current builds.

11/30/2015 - I'm no longer maintaining the Build Compendium, but missing string is! Once they've created a new thread, I'll update this one and add a link to the new thread!

Thanks to all that have contributed to the thread, and good luck in your future builds!

Prelude
Taking up where Mirenheart left off in their Build Compendium, a new compendium is born. I liked their rules and will be using them as well; mostly because why change something that works and why fix something that isn't broke. If there's something missing or broken, please PM me and I'll update it ASAP.

If you want your toon's build to be included, see the Guidelines for Posting below.

Resources
Guidelines for Posting
Yes, this is pretty much verbatim. Credit goes to Mirenheart. Thanks!
  • Start a new thread for your build, make your post neat and readable, and provide the link to your new thread. This allows:
    • for build discussions to be conducted in the build thread,
    • shows your build progression over time as new game builds are released, assuming that nothing major changes with classes and/or skills,
    • me to easily update the Build Compendium.
  • Make sure you have a GrimCalc link to your build.
  • When you post a Grimcalc build, please post at least one link WITHOUT the skill +s from items, just the base skills themselves. If you wish to post a second link with the class having all the +s from items, then go ahead, as long as there is one with base skills.
  • Providing a build name makes the build list easier to read and helps differentiate from other builds.
  • NEW! Provide a listing of your main skills and the main damage type(s) done. For example, Damage Types: xx, xx; and Skills: xx, xx, etc.
  • Using colors, bold text, and/or spacing will help me notice the build you want added as I scroll through, but don't go crazy with it.
  • Try to skim through other builds in the list first before posting yours, in case you have something that's exactly alike, or extremely similar to a build already there.
  • Give a description of the build, and how it works. This doesn't have to be long, but it would be good to describe how to use the skills, and how to play the build.
  • Give a short description of what kind of equipment is needed for the build.
  • If the build was originally created by someone else, please try to credit them.
  • Testing the build up to max level before posting is highly suggested.
  • Tips and suggestions for levelling the build would be nice.

Updates
  • 11/05/2015: Finished adding in damage type and skills for all the builds. Also added in a new code: g to indicate if a build is gear dependent.
  • 10/26/2015: Per a suggestion from Chiba, testing out adding damage type and skills.
  • 10/04/2015: Add Shaman section. Add hyperlinks to the single masteries' description in the game guide.
  • 09/30/2015: Archived the B26 builds to their own archival thread.

Build 27: Shaman Mastery and Balance Update
Any build name may have codes preceding them. The codes are:
  • hc : Hard core character.
  • d : The build has a downloadable save file associated with it. Check the build's thread for the link.
  • v : The build has a video associated with it. Check the build's thread/post for the link.
  • g : The build is dependent on specific gear. NEW!
Arcanist
  • [B27] (hc, v) Troll Rage (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Elemental, Aether
    • Skills: Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, Overload, Elemental Balance, Callidor's Tempest, Inner Focus, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Fabric of Reality, Devestation
  • [B27] (v) Aether Ray Adept I (WolfOverclocked)
    • Damage: Aether, Fire
    • Skills: Albrecht's Aether Ray, Disintegration, Callidor's Tempest, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity, Fabric of Reality, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
Demolitionist
Nightblade
Occultist
Shaman
Soldier
Battlemage (Arcanist + Soldier)
  • [B27] (hc, v) Fanatic Fighter (Zars)
    • Damage: Elemental, Physical
    • Skills: Forcewave & Rending Force, Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Military Conditioning, Reckless Power
Blademaster (Nightblade + Soldier)
  • [B27] Cadence Reborn (cadpgamer1992)
    • Damage: Physical, Piercing
    • Skills: Cadence, Pnuematic Burst, Belgothian's Shears, Amarasta's Quick Cut
  • [B27] Indestructible 3: Rancor, Night Knight (Mr Fender)
    • Damage: Physical, Bleeding
    • Skills: Counter Strike, Anatomy of Murder, Military Conditioning, Squad Tactics, Veterancy, Decorated Soldier
  • [B27] (d) BlitzStrike (Amonthar)
    • Damage: Pierce Cold
    • Skills: Dual Blades, Amarasta's Quick Cut, Pnuematic Burst, Anatomy of Murder
  • [B27] Iceberg - the Frozen One (turbo234)
    • Damage: Cold, Pierce, Physical
    • Skills: Military Conditioning, Veil of Shadow & Night's Chill, Cadence, Dual Blades
Commando (Demolitionist + Soldier)
  • [B27] Indestructible 2 - Sword & Board (Mr Fender)
    • Damage: Physical, Internal Trauma
    • Skills: Veterancy, Military Conditioning, Decorated Soldier, Temper
  • [B27] (hc, v) Chosen to Rage (Grzybas)
    • Damage: Lightning, Burn/Physical
    • Skills: Military Conditioning, FIeld Command, Oleron's Rage, Ulzuin's Wrath (Vindictive Flame), Flame Touched, Menhir's Will
Conjurer (Occultist + Shaman)
  • [B27] (v) The Corrupted Paladin (Blood_wedding)
    • Damage: Chaos, Vitality, Retaliation (Acid)
    • Skills: Sigil of Consumption, Second Rite, Doom Bolt, Blood of Dreeg, Possession, Heart of the Wild, Oak Skin
  • [B27] (v) The Vampire (Ceno)
    • Damage: Vitality
    • Skills: Sigil of Consumption, Second Rite, Wendigo Totem and Blood Pact, Storm Totem and Corrupted Storm, Curse of Frailty and Vulnerability
  • [B27] (hc, v) Pet & Totem (Kluga)
    • Damage: Vitality, Piercing, Bleeding, Physical, Fire, Chaos
    • Skills: Wendigo Totem, Summon Briarthorn and Emboldening Roar, Primal Bond, Devouring Swarm, Summon Hellhound, Vulnerability
  • [B27] Fritz von Meyer (Draug)
    • Damage: Vitality, Bleeding
    • Skills: Devouring Swarm, Curse of Frailty and Vulnerability, Consecrated Blade, Heart of the Wild
Druid (Arcanist + Shaman)
  • [B27] (v) The Stormcaller (Zappa)
    • Damage: Lightning, Electrocute, Cold
    • Skills: Wind Devil & Raging Tempest & Maelstrom, Storm Totem, Overload, Stormcaller's Pact, Inner Focus
  • [B27] (hc, v) Zeals' Disruption (Shiza)
    • Damage: Bleeding, Lightning, Physical
    • Skills: Savagery, Brute Force & Upheaval, Primal Bond, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] (hc, v) Gods' Ascension (Shiza)
    • Damage: Bleeding, Lightning, Physical
    • Skills: Savagery & Storm Touched, Brute Force & Feral Hunger, Primal Bond, Heart of the Wild, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] Arctic Archmage (Zars)
    • Damage: Cold, Lightning, Frostburn
    • Skills: Trozan's Sky Shard, Storm Totem, Wind Devil, Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] (v) Ultimate Windy Druid (MrTek)
    • Damage: Cold, Lightning, Physical
    • Skills: Trozan's Sky Shard, Wind Devil & Raging Tempest & Maelstrom, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Inner Focus
  • [B27] (d) Thundaga and Thundaja (Mirenheart)
    • Damage: Lightning, Physical
    • Skills: Primal Strike & Torrent, Thunderous Strike, Maelstrom, Inner Focus, Mirror of Ereoctes, Mogdrogen's Pact & Heart of the Wild
  • [B27] (hc, v) Maelstrom Missile (Zars)
    • Damage: Cold, Lightning, Electrocute
    • Skills: Panetti's Replicating Missile, Raging Tempest & Maelstrom, Inner Focus, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] Surging Spellblade (Xeilua)
    • Damage: Lightning, Physical, Electrocute
    • Skills: Primal Strike & Torrent, Storm Totem, Stormcaller's Pact, Inner Focus, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
Elementalist (Demolitionist + Shaman)
  • [B27] (v) Thundershock (Zars)
    • Damage: Lightning, Electrocute, Physical
    • Skills: Stun Jacks & Full Spread & Quick Jacks, Raging Tempest & Maelstrom, Flashbang, Mogdrogen's Pact
  • [B27] Electros the Eternal (turbo234)
    • Skills: Vindictive Flame, Brute Force, Primal Strike & Torrent & Thunderous Strike, Storm Caller's Pact, Mogdrogen's Pact
  • [B27] (v) Armchair General (Tonberry)
    • Damage: Fire, Lightning, Physical, Vitality
    • Skills: Mortar Trap & Heavy Ordnance, Wendigo Totem, Storm Totem, Flashbang, Mogdrogen's Pact
Pyromancer (Demolitionist + Occultist)
Saboteur (Demolitionist + Nightblade)
Sorcerer/Sorceress (Arcanist + Demolitionist)
  • [B27] The Mad Sorcerer (Skorpius)
    • Damage: Fire, Lightning, Physical
    • Skills: Firestrike & Explosive Strike & Static Strike & Brimstone, Iskandra's Elemental Exchange & Overload, Inner Focus
  • [B27] (hc, v) Kilrian's Disciple (sfbistimg)
    • Damage:
    • Skills: Black Water Cocktail & Demon Fire & Agnozing Flames, High Impact, Flame Touched, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity
  • [B27] (v) Equilibrium Ranger (Manic Wolf)
    • Damage: Fire, Lightning, Physical
    • Skills: Fire Strike & Static Strike & Explosive Strike, Flashbang, Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Inner Focus
  • [B27] (hc, v) Lightning Storm (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Lightning, Cold
    • Skills: Trozan's Skyshard & Shattered Star, Flame Touched, Ulzuin's Wrath, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity
  • [B27] (v) Aether Ray Adept II (WolfOverclocked)
    • Damage: Aether, Fire
    • Skills: Albrecht's Aether Ray & Disintegration, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity, Fabri of Reality
Spellbreaker (Arcanist + Nightblade)
  • [B27] (hc, v) Soul Stealer (Zars)
    • Damage: Cold, Elemental
    • Skills: Execution, Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, Pneumatic Burst, Veil of Shadow, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, Inner Focus
  • [B27] (hc, v, g) Lightning Nova FTW (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Lightning
    • Skills: Lightning Nova (component skill), Overload, Pneumatic Burst & Shadow Dance, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity
Trickster (Nightblade + Shaman)
Warder (Shaman + Soldier)
  • [B27] Raging Warder (Jaggd)
    • Damage: Physical, Bleeding
    • Skills: Troll Rage (talisman), Field Command & Squad Tactics, Primal Bond, Feral Hunger, Military Conditioning, Decorated Soldier
  • [B27] Indestructible - Sword & Board (Mr Fender)
    • Damage: Bleeding, Internal Trauma, Physical
    • Skills: Blade Arc & Laceration, Primal Bond, Veterancy
  • [B27] Disciple of Ultos (cadpgamer1992)
    • Skills: Brute Force, Primal Strike & Torrent & Storm Surge, Stormcaller's Pact, Decorated Soldier
Warlock (Arcanist + Occultist)
  • [B27] (hc, v, g) Sky Shard of Destruction (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Cold, Lightning, Chaos & Vitality
    • Skills: Trozan Sky Shard & Shattered Star, Sigil of Consumption & Destruction, Second Rite, Inner Focus, Fabric of Reality
  • [B27] (v, g) Redemption Nemesis (Retaliator)
    • Damage: Acid, Poison, Vitality
    • Skills: Dreeg's Evil Eye & Blood Burst & Focused Gaze & Vile Eruption, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty & Vulnerability, Mirror of Ereoctes, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] (d) Terror of Destruction (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Vitality, Chaos, Fire
    • Skills: Sigil of Corruption & Destruction, Consecrated Blade & Second Rite, Inner Focus, Fabric of Reality, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] (hc, v) Demonic Pink Ballz (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Chaos, Fire
    • Skills: Destruction, Consecrated Blade & Second Rite, Inner Focus, Arcane Will, Mental Alacrity, Fabric of Reality, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] (hc, v, g) Electric Chaos (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Chaos, Lightning
    • Skills: Lightning Nova (component skill), Solael's Witchfire & Second Rite, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity, Fabric of Reality, Maiven's Sphere of Protection
  • [B27] (v) Aether Ray Adept III: Warlock Beam (WolfOverclocked)
    • Damage: Chaos, Fire
    • Skills: Albrecht's Aether Ray & Tainted Power & Destruction, Second Rite, Inner Focus, Mental Alacrity, Fabric of Reality
Witch Hunter (Nightblade + Occultist)
  • [B27] (v) The Vile Shadow (sfbistimg)
    • Damage: Poison, Frostburn, Acid, Cold
    • Skills: Shadow Strike & Nidalla's Justifiable Ends & Nightfall, DEE & Blood Burst, Noxious Poison Bomb (component skill), Merciless Repertoire, Blood of Dreeg
  • [B27] (v, g) CN-, The Toxic Juggernaut (Ceno)
    • Damage: Acid, Poison
    • Skills: Blood of Dreeg, Blood Burst & Vile Eruption, Merciless Repertoire
  • [B27] (v) Plague Champion (Tonberry)
    • Damage: Acid, Poison
    • Skills: Dreeg's Evil Eye & Blood Burst & Focused Gaze, Veil of Shadow & Night's Chill, Vulnerability, Merciless Repertoire, Blade Barrier, Pneumatic Burst
Witchblade (Occultist + Soldier)
  • [B27] (hc, v) Tenebris Terror (Zars)
    • Damage: Chaos, Vitality, Bleeding
    • Skills: Solael's Witchfire & Consecrated Blade & Second Rite, Sigil of Consumption & Destruction, Blade Arc, Doom Bolt, Squad Tactics
Archive of Build Compendium II threads

Last edited by ibugsy; 12-02-2015 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Build(s): Raging Warder (Warder)
Old 11-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Herald

Good initiative.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Praetorian

Nice to see it back!
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 11-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Apostle

Thanks fellow forumites! Hopefully we can get a good list going.

Does anyone know if there is a BB Code tag to easily link to member profiles, kind of like the post and/or thread tags?
Old 11-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Herald

You can add my Dreeg Witch Hunter build to the list.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post
You can add my Dreeg Witch Hunter build to the list.
Done! Thanks!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Speaker

Thanks. I really need these. Never been any good at coming up with my own builds for any game.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Praetorian

Cool, good to see this revived. I'll be able to dump some builds a little after Thanksgiving, when I'm back on my PC.

Thanks for doing this, ibugsy.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Cool, good to see this revived. I'll be able to dump some builds a little after Thanksgiving, when I'm back on my PC.

Thanks for doing this, ibugsy.
Excellent, I look forward to adding them! Have a great and safe holiday!
Old 11-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Lord Advocate

Callidor's Freeze Tempest
Code:
Grim Calc

Skills
1) Blitz
2) Callidor's Tempest
3) Olexra's Flash Freeze
4) Nullification
5) Mirror of Ereoctes

A Melee Range Caster. I use Blitz to get to enemies quickly. I use Olexra's Flash Feeze to freeze enemies. If it's on Cooldown I use Mirror of Ereoctes instead to avoid damage. I then Spam Callidor's until everything is dead. Nullification is used against enemies when Olexra's is on cooldown. 
Have +3 To arcanist Skills, +2 to Military Conditioning, +4 to Inner Focus & +2 to Nulification 
As for point Distribution I went 1/1 Physique/Spirit, but it is really always up to you. Some might prefer more Physique others might like more spirit.

Grim Calc with Gear
Made a new Callidor's Tempest Build.
Grim Calc

DOWNLOAD

In my first build I went with OFF, but honestly other then the freeze against trash I didn't see the point. The -50% enemy fire resists I didn't see any difference in Damage Done. So decided it was huge waste of points. In this build I just use Blitz & Callidor's Tempest, seems much smother and clears faster. With skill costing 203 Spirit per cast in boss fights you will use a Energy Potion or 2.
For Gear I focused on % Fire/Elemental Damage, Defensive Ability & Offensive Ability. Mostly put points into Physique (25), Needed 4 points in Cunning to use Weapon. Then I put 6 points in spirit.

Important Gear I Used
1) Haunt Relic +1 Arcanist Skills w/+2 Callidor's Tempest Completion Bonus
2) Nether Crown +1 Arcanist Skills
3) Inscibed Bracers +2 Callidor's Tempest
4) Frizzicks Utility Pack +1 All Skills
5) Lorekeeper's Band +2 Inner Focus
6) Hallowed Ground Component w/+1 Arcanist Skills
7) Flamecaster Spellblade of Scorching

Grim Calc With Gear

Last edited by sfbistimg; 12-09-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
build compendium, builds, guide, guides