Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Champion

The Sisters of Battle are perhaps not the best example of "OMG not metal bikini's plox!" While a lot of their armor is quite cool you still get the occasional piece like this:

Last edited by Void(null); 12-30-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roros View Post
I quite liked the Global Agenda females. Even when they weren't showing any skin, they were distinctively female yet badass without looking dudeish.
Have you ever seen a woman wearing high heels trying to run - in order to catch a train or something like that?

No look at your GA picture again, and then think about how useful and stabilizing that heels are going to be. That woman - as badass as she may look - can easily be taken out by just a simple gully grate.

It's always the same thing: Designers try to bring in some sort of fashionable (and possibly fetish-inducing) gimmick that they believe does make the females look more sexy and female - but end up producing stuff that just doesn't fit the game world.

And who says that combat-ready boots can't look sexy?
http://gordonandthewhale.com/wp-cont...Underworld.jpg
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Herald

Ha, I also don't think about how much that launcher and her armor may weigh, or how useful it would be with an illuminated LED strip for a visor. I'm not the one for realism.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
I completely agree...please please please don't make idiotic girl armor and have females running around in iron bikinis.
quoted from renevent.

hey no bikinis I mention, just more open and flexible female armor. still keep the realistic armor system. not too nude not too close either I mean. at least she have 'things' to look at rather than closed boring ones. and maybe someone would say "wow she looks seducing." instead of "Oh My Girl is Strong and Powerful, she can slam you over the bed! Look at her Muscle! WOW WTH LMAO BANG BANG *crashed* *bones crushed* " sorry if its too dramatic..

Computer Specs: Intel Core i5-3610 | Nvidia Geforce 630M 2 GB | RAM 4 GB | 640 GB HDD
Old 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Lord Advocate

Well considering they are in the business of killing monsters, and not seducing them, I still really don't care for it. I think they should dress accordingly

You do though, and that's ok nothing wrong it. Just as long as they don't go over board and keep it to a minimum I personally wouldn't mind I guess...though I am hoping they lean away from that type of thing.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooby View Post
It's always the same thing: Designers try to bring in some sort of fashionable (and possibly fetish-inducing) gimmick that they believe does make the females look more sexy and female - but end up producing stuff that just doesn't fit the game world.
Amen to that.

Seriously, IMO, if there was no thong for the Seraphim, I would never have finished Sacred2. Honestly, there is no valid explanation for it. Its not arousing or anything pervert, it is just more fun to take a hot female through a game than a dorky hulk-man. And I assume that said hot female could be well armored and "realistic" as long as she was hot and open to modding...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooby View Post
Have you ever seen a woman wearing high heels trying to run - in order to catch a train or something like that?

No look at your GA picture again, and then think about how useful and stabilizing that heels are going to be. That woman - as badass as she may look - can easily be taken out by just a simple gully grate.
O'rly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CQVvTg2oyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevent View Post
Well considering they are in the business of killing monsters, and not seducing them, I still really don't care for it. I think they should dress accordingly
Brilliant! We need a monster seduction class like... yesterday!

I suggest "Demon Humper" to rival Diablo 3's "Demon Hunter."

And thus began the tale of how Grim Dawn was banned in Australia before hitting Alpha.

Last edited by Void(null); 12-30-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevent View Post
This.

There's almost always some eye candy thrown into games in order to appeal to a largely male audience. That said, I prefer it to be limited so that it doesn't break the escapism/immersion of the game. I'd expect to see more skin in a game called "Zombies Vs. Bikini Babes" than one named "Grim Dawn."

TECHNOmancer
"We already know Crate has talented people as well...do we need to pretend Blizzard has a bunch of monkeys sitting around slapping keyboards to appreciate what Crate is doing with Grim Dawn?" -- Renevent

"There seems to be a distinct lack of appreciation of what it takes to create something." -- Renevent
Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHNOmancer View Post
There's almost always some eye candy thrown into games in order to appeal to a largely male audience.
Fun fact:

40% of gamers are Female and they also happen to want their characters to look cool.

If a female character is not showing some skin with some form of customization for big boobs my wife wont touch that game.

I have had a hell of a time getting her to play Mass Effect because Female Shepard is not Feminine enough.

Last edited by Void(null); 12-30-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Lord Advocate

Yes but one needs to dig deeper than just the number of gamers that are female, and look at the actual demographics for games themselves. I'm pretty sure gaming is still a largely male driven industry, especially games that are geared towards violence and stuff like that.

For instance, of the number of women who play consoles the vast majority play the Wii:

http://kotaku.com/5411707/nintendo-b...console-gamers

Easy to guess why...the games there are more friendly to that particular demographic.

Now, that's not to say that no girls play Gears/Diablo/ect, heck even Gears 3 will now have a female character in the lineup, but by in large I think these types of games are still primarily driven by the male demographic, and in my humble opinion throwing female warriors into thongs and metal bras is VERY much a male orientated thing to do lol!

Last edited by Renevent; 12-30-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
armor, beauty, character, female, goose, tunic