Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Supporter

Ooooh I loved playing as Sandro with his double-combo of deathbringing artifacts, amassing thousands of owerliches which obliterated the enemy in mere seconds. Yeah, HoMM3 was definitely absloutely awesome.
4 was - different. Wouldn't call it bad from the start but it was really different compared to 3.
5 was kind of "back to the roots" although I never really finished it. All in all, 5 would be my favorite, followed by 3, 2 (yeahh, this definitly rocked back in the good old days) and than 4.

Received an email as well, that M&M - Heroes will be released next year. The cinematic looks awsome, the screens average. Everything seems to be like 5 with better details. What I really have a problem with is this M&M-H-thingy. Why didn't they call it HoMM6? 5 was really good, they continue the storyline of Ashan as it seems and still they try to set the game apart from the other even though it looks quite the same... Really - I just don't get it...
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
Ooooh I loved playing as Sandro with his double-combo of deathbringing artifacts, amassing thousands of owerliches which obliterated the enemy in mere seconds. Yeah, HoMM3 was definitely absloutely awesome.
4 was - different. Wouldn't call it bad from the start but it was really different compared to 3.
5 was kind of "back to the roots" although I never really finished it. All in all, 5 would be my favorite, followed by 3, 2 (yeahh, this definitly rocked back in the good old days) and than 4.

Received an email as well, that M&M - Heroes will be released next year. The cinematic looks awsome, the screens average. Everything seems to be like 5 with better details. What I really have a problem with is this M&M-H-thingy. Why didn't they call it HoMM6? 5 was really good, they continue the storyline of Ashan as it seems and still they try to set the game apart from the other even though it looks quite the same... Really - I just don't get it...
Oh man, I always used to go Sandro lol! Just because he was a skele really.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadWasp
Heroes is a funny turn based fantasy game.
I don't remember laughing too hard at Heroes, but maybe this is more of a lost in translation type thing.

Heroes of Might & Magic has been one of my favorites for many years. Heroes III, for whatever reason, was the one I played the most. I have Heroes V, and can't really point to anything specifically I don't like about it, but for some reason I just never got into it the same way. I mean, I suppose I should have given that the graphics were much improved and the gameplay was pretty similar. Ahh well, my best times with Heroes III was when I was playing hotseat with family anyway and those days are long gone.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Advocate

Can't beleive there's so many HOMM fans here haha..

I'm the same Kardio, HOMM 5 is fine and all, but for some reason HOMM 3 remains the best. Is it the sheer number of monsters? Each being upgradable and all? Is it the GFX? I dunno, but HOMM 3 is the best.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:44 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sile View Post
Can't beleive there's so many HOMM fans here haha..

I'm the same Kardio, HOMM 5 is fine and all, but for some reason HOMM 3 remains the best. Is it the sheer number of monsters? Each being upgradable and all? Is it the GFX? I dunno, but HOMM 3 is the best.
Can't be number of monsters, you can upgrade them in 5 as well, in the second expansion even to two different variants

But I agree, 3 was best (I do like 5 too though, 4 was not that good for some reason). Shame 6 will be released by Ubi because thanks to their DRM I will have to bypass that one....
Old 08-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Speaker

yeah it's kinda funny they don't see they are driving paying Customers away and very soon the only people playing the games will be the Pirates
Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Not so sure about that... Ubisoft's profits actually increased last quarter (93% over the previous quarter) from their projections, based mainly on sales of Splinter Cell Conviction - not sure if that uses the same copy protection, but it is a newer game so it might...
Old 08-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Supporter

Hard to say which one is my favorite, I like 3 and 5. First time I played the demo of 5 I was a bid disappointed that the maps where smaller than in 3. Later I bought the complete edition with all 5 games plus expansions and I loved 5 from the start.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Champion

so far it looks to be one of the best HoMM, i like the fact that they are chaning some mechanics, not saying it was bad, but will feel more like a new game and i know itll work out... i own every single HoMM out there and i LOVE every single one of them haha

Shit... i have it pre-ordered already at gamestop haha been 2 months now

And i LOVE the fact that they nearly put up an update EVERYDAY!! thumbs up!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Advocate

I have to agree with the one poster. 4 was the best. Simply because the hero actually did more in combat. The hero system in that one makes it better than the rest by a ton.