Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 11-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/62azmpXV

The initial loadout of the Hybrid Aura Retaliator.

I'm still testing some things, but this will soon be ready, along with complete leveling guide, as I promised.

Also, some definitive changes in Pure Retaliator build after Doom changes.
I am running a different Auramancer concept and I think it's safe to say Auramancers are little more than gimmicks at this point the auras don't contribute much to our offense.
In your build i'd say retaliation is the main damage source and on mine I am using a proc happy build so it's those multiple procs giving me eye cancer that are doing the damage

In my opinion the auras on these items should be buffed
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawbster32 View Post
What drops bladed plating? atm im just missing blade plating, ravagers eye, and my jewelry/relic are regular legendary but all buffed up in combat im closing in on 3300 DA w this build.. things seem to have trouble hitting me. w that said it seems like nothing can dent my hp tho.
Nothing. This component is craftable-only.
Alsom 3300 DA is way too much. You would want to have such DA on Grava or Reaper, for example, but for regular trash it's way too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am running a different Auramancer concept and I think it's safe to say Auramancers are little more than gimmicks at this point the auras don't contribute much to our offense.
In your build i'd say retaliation is the main damage source and on mine I am using a proc happy build so it's those multiple procs giving me eye cancer that are doing the damage

In my opinion the auras on these items should be buffed
I strongly agree. After testing this Hybrid, the speed kill has definitely increased, but not much. The biggest contribution is, of course, Reign of Ice and Fire. However, due to it's retarded mechanics, it literally misses at least 50% of it's DPS.
Yes, indeed. I even buffed the initial RET damage from the pure Retaliator, thanks to equipment managing.
If I would go for Auramancer, most of the damage truly comes from on-hit, on-attack procs and skills. There is little contribution from other sources.

I share this opinion as well.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-03-2017, 01:19 PM
MeliahRage MeliahRage is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Any eta on the leveling guide? Was going to start fresh for my first AoM run and really like the look of this build
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeliahRage View Post
Any eta on the leveling guide? Was going to start fresh for my first AoM run and really like the look of this build
A bit busy in real life and, what can I say, I'm strolling through TQ AE right now. Almost on Legend through the 5th Act on Epic.

But don't worry, more than half of this guide is already ready, so I will definitely finish it.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-03-2017, 06:48 PM
archaven archaven is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 88
Default

thanks was really looking for a build as such. gonna study it in detail
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-03-2017, 09:19 PM
MeliahRage MeliahRage is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
A bit busy in real life and, what can I say, I'm strolling through TQ AE right now. Almost on Legend through the 5th Act on Epic.

But don't worry, more than half of this guide is already ready, so I will definitely finish it.
No worries. I'm more than happy to wait if it's not far from being done
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-03-2017, 11:00 PM
ohador ohador is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 33
Default

hello! i got a tactician waiting for build and its looks like i found the one
i have never played retaliation build and i wanted to ask: dose reduce resistance work with retaliation? and if so dont we need some in this build?
thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohador View Post
i have never played retaliation build and i wanted to ask: dose reduce resistance work with retaliation? and if so dont we need some in this build?
thanks for the help
They do.
In fact, this is the reason I have Assasin's Blade and Death Sentence on Hybrid Retaliator.
The first build is a pure retaliator, when I myself didn't know much about RR.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Grim Titan Grim Titan is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 67
Default Weird Grim tools

Hey I was just thinking of trying this build but when i checked the grim tools link i found that skill points were at -5...why is that?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Titan View Post
Hey I was just thinking of trying this build but when i checked the grim tools link i found that skill points were at -5...why is that?
Because of the gear and relic that give + to skills.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tactician

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.