Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontwannaknow0 View Post
So I finally got around to testing the endgame build I theorycrafted for seal of shadows + DEE. I think it works out quite nicely. I did an Ancient Grove run video and showed the which affix (Subpar affix selected on purpose to show it's not required) I chose for cheated items.

For gladiator crucible it will need better affix/more life steal. Open to improvement suggestions.

Let me what you think adoomgod .

Ancient Grove run: https://youtu.be/_KyCw4Xwd0k

Grimtools:https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23QrE9Z
Looks super cool. Hadn't tried building around that seal in all this time playing actually so it ought to be fun to mess with.

The link you shared has no suffixes of prefixes on the MI's, so lots of room to play around there. Build should end up pretty damn solid in terms of hitting the stats all builds want to reach.

I'm not actually very good at min-maxing or theorycrafting builds, hence I come here to ask for support more than make my own stuff. Though I do have a septuple/octuple meteor proc/skills character I helped Bankai Killer make.

I'm not a crucible player but when Shattered Realm comes out I'll definitely push builds to be as viable for deeper levels of the SR as possible.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73

Last edited by adoomgod; 10-21-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:47 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
Looks super cool. Hadn't tried building around that seal in all this time playing actually so it ought to be fun to mess with.

The link you shared has no suffixes of prefixes on the MI's, so lots of room to play around there. Build should end up pretty damn solid in terms of hitting the stats all builds want to reach.

I'm not actually very good at min-maxing or theorycrafting builds, hence I come here to ask for support more than make my own stuff. Though I do have a septuple/octuple meteor proc/skills character I helped Bankai Killer make.

I'm not a crucible player but when Shattered Realm comes out I'll definitely push builds to be as viable for deeper levels of the SR as possible.
Thanks. I'm not the best min-maxer (or player either, so many times I don't notice DEE/lethal assault not active...). I understand though that the set you chose for the DEE spam is weak defensively compared to Dark One. It's the biggest draw back to it I think.

Yeah. I left the greens blank because as soon as you pick affixes farming it becomes incredibly hard. I have a general idea of what extra stats I want and which rolls will be OK (I'm not expecting rare affix either as they take too long to farm).
Old 10-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Advocate

Seal of shadows Biting Blades is interesting, and I've also thrown it around a bit in both an acid and a pierce build.

Worth a mention is that DEE has one other potentially viable spam acid build option: Nightblade and dual-weilding 2 x Deathguard Blades for 90% vit ->acid.

* BUT, what I'd personally like to see is a basic skill such as DEE fixed properly for all class combos... and not just an afterthought skill made tolerable through items.

So hopefully (adoomgod) you can argue its case.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 10-21-2018 at 01:50 PM.