Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Modding - Projects

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-16-2016, 03:55 PM
GlockenGerda's Avatar
GlockenGerda GlockenGerda is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 207
Default

Thank you very much for this mod, Somerled!
I'm a huge fan of a summoning-focused class mastery!
Haven't played it much yet, but I must say that I don't like it
that my Grigori lose 21 Health every second...
But that is the rule... so, I must accept it.

Thanks again!
GlockenGerda
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Somerled's Avatar
Somerled Somerled is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockenGerda View Post
Thank you very much for this mod, Somerled!
I'm a huge fan of a summoning-focused class mastery!
Haven't played it much yet, but I must say that I don't like it
that my Grigori lose 21 Health every second...
But that is the rule... so, I must accept it.

Thanks again!
GlockenGerda
What would you change in Grigori instead? People have already complained about Grigori losing HP/sec, but I just wanted to stick to the name "Broken Mantra". He already have -Phys and -Health.

Thanks for the thanks as well/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Murlocking Murlocking is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerled View Post
What would you change in Grigori instead? People have already complained about Grigori losing HP/sec, but I just wanted to stick to the name "Broken Mantra". He already have -Phys and -Health.

Thanks for the thanks as well/
I think the fact that he lose HP because less important when you get a heal for your summons.

2 Options to fix this problem in early games:


#1: Lower the tier of the healing skill (when I first played the class it was higher tier than both main summons)

#2: Lower the HP Degen for the first levels. It's hard to balance and you shouldn't care too much about it, the summoning cooldown is "okay".
Like I said, with healing + low summoning cooldown it even out.

----
----


Not sure if this was changed but I just recalled about something I wanted to suggest.

Lower the attack range of Grigori if possible.
He can almost attack enemies off-screen, hehe
I think that was a bit OP if I read all his other skills correctly!

Putting him closer to the action (battlefield), will give the player more challenge to keep his pets alive and if enemies get aggroed to Grigori, other players or pet won't have to move as far to help him out.

I will keep an eye on this thread, I like the focus on "Summons" in this class.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Somerled's Avatar
Somerled Somerled is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocking View Post
I think the fact that he lose HP because less important when you get a heal for your summons.

2 Options to fix this problem in early games:


#1: Lower the tier of the healing skill (when I first played the class it was higher tier than both main summons)

#2: Lower the HP Degen for the first levels. It's hard to balance and you shouldn't care too much about it, the summoning cooldown is "okay".
Like I said, with healing + low summoning cooldown it even out.

----
----


Not sure if this was changed but I just recalled about something I wanted to suggest.

Lower the attack range of Grigori if possible.
He can almost attack enemies off-screen, hehe
I think that was a bit OP if I read all his other skills correctly!

Putting him closer to the action (battlefield), will give the player more challenge to keep his pets alive and if enemies get aggroed to Grigori, other players or pet won't have to move as far to help him out.

I will keep an eye on this thread, I like the focus on "Summons" in this class.
Nice, nice! I like this. Makes sense too, applying all your suggestions right now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Davood Davood is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,348
Default

general comments/questions regarding potential replay using your mastery:

1. i haven't really delved into it too deeply but it seems the skills have no sacrificial/exclusive options (yet?). IE transmuters and clvl50 skills. you are basically choosing everything everytime. ONE build for everyone essentially.

2. does this mastery combine with others? or is it solo locked like the necro mastery

3. itemization - can you add affixes / items easily for this class?
__________________
Our father, who art in random. Entropic be thy name
thy random come, thy generation be done
in ARPG as it is in crypto, give us this day, our daily grinds
and forgive those, who try to scam against us
and lead us not into low entropy, but deliver us to loot
for thine is the random, the grind, and the rare spawns forever
Watch me mod/test/play: https://www.twitch.tv/davoodinator
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Mestrahd Mestrahd is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Default

I haven't checked this one out (or any of the others on Nexusmods) because to download, it requires Javascript and HTTP redirects. Neither of which sound safe and neither of which I have enabled on my browser. So if that means I'm missing an awesome mod, so be it. I tried and commented on the Necromancer because it was accessible.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Somerled's Avatar
Somerled Somerled is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
general comments/questions regarding potential replay using your mastery:

1. i haven't really delved into it too deeply but it seems the skills have no sacrificial/exclusive options (yet?). IE transmuters and clvl50 skills. you are basically choosing everything everytime. ONE build for everyone essentially.

2. does this mastery combine with others? or is it solo locked like the necro mastery

3. itemization - can you add affixes / items easily for this class?
1. I'm planning on making one or two skills that would diversify the replayability of this mastery at some point, but remember it's a summoning-focused class.

2. What do you mean? Yeah it works with other masteries, why wouldn't it, I'm not retarded to the point where I say "ONLY MY MASTERY". I mean I made it easy to merge with other mods for a reason.

3. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestrahd
I haven't checked this one out (or any of the others on Nexusmods) because to download, it requires Javascript and HTTP redirects. Neither of which sound safe and neither of which I have enabled on my browser. So if that means I'm missing an awesome mod, so be it. I tried and commented on the Necromancer because it was accessible.
Okay, I don't know why you should feel unsafe.
If you really want to play it you can always download the latest working folder on mega and build the mod with the asset manager.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Davood Davood is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,348
Default

thanks for the answers. I think this class will be well rounded. im excited to see it in action combined with occultist for maximum pettage

what would occultist+coronus be called? conjurer is already taken

to the guy complaining about weird links.

protip: if you are 100% paranoid (nothing wrong with that). get yourself vmware (i think v6 is free if you use esxi) or virtualbox (Free). setup a windows VM And take a snapshot before the download. download the file. see if the vm blows up. maybe evn install a virus scanner in the VM.. if its all good then copy it out of teh VM to your host pc and your all set.

i do that myself when i'm not sure. also i keep a special vm just for connecting to my bank website. clean os , clean browser, nothing else installed just open browser go to bank website. can't beat that
__________________
Our father, who art in random. Entropic be thy name
thy random come, thy generation be done
in ARPG as it is in crypto, give us this day, our daily grinds
and forgive those, who try to scam against us
and lead us not into low entropy, but deliver us to loot
for thine is the random, the grind, and the rare spawns forever
Watch me mod/test/play: https://www.twitch.tv/davoodinator
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 AM
Zeranamu Zeranamu is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
Default

Thanks for the mod, Somerled! Gonna give it a go now.

@Davood the necromancer mod by cftx isn't solo locked...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Somerled's Avatar
Somerled Somerled is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
thanks for the answers. I think this class will be well rounded. im excited to see it in action combined with occultist for maximum pettage

what would occultist+coronus be called? conjurer is already taken
Here are all the dual class names (also third post to see where all the names come from if you're interested):
Soldier = Zeal
Demolitionist = Magenta
Occultist = Beacon (I'm planning on changing it)
Nightblade = Cryo
Arcanist = Velour
Shaman = Organism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeranamu
@Davood the necromancer mod by cftx isn't solo locked...
Damn it, can't bring down the "competition" now !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mastery mod, modding, standalone mod

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.