Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 10-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
(I am talking about vitality spam variant).
Cold spam makes you just as immortal with infiltrator. Dunno with breaker or wh, haven't tried them. Imo, reducing the manacost of pblades will make it rune level. It already competes with current rune dps (both cold and vit) but manacost is a bitch.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
manacost is a bitch.
This in my mind is properly balanced. Ludicrous damage output but you're out of energy in a few seconds, as it should be. If only more skills were like this, looking at you AAR
Old 12-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
If a person chooses something that's not working for their build, they're to blame, not the game, yes.

And i didn't say that caster armor are generally useless, just if you want to facetank things (and i even mentioned some exeptions too).

Caster armor ar perfectly fine for dot builds, pet builds, rotational/cd casters, anyone who can deal damage without facetanking stuff (as Stupid Dragon kinda just said).
Sorry for the necro, but WTF.

This kind mentally is why AAR casters and auto attack ranged builds are nearly always bottom tier in this game.
I mean have you looked at the Ulzuin set or gear aimed at boosting AAR. They are not build for face tanking.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Counsel

I would have to disagree on nerfs for seal and censure. Censure could use a small nerf, either less -rr or a sleight reduction on the reduce damage % but no more then that.
I find Seal well balanced with my purifier, it is a bit to powerful if you put more then one point in it during the first few acts of normal mode, but many skills are like that in the low level content i.e Veil of Shadow melting anything that even that comes near you.
But on ultimate its only good vs regular enemies, DoT, some breath and ground attacks that deal damage in very short intervals. On the other hand it does not do all that much vs high damage burst attacks. Instead of nerfing seal and censure its better to nerf armor% bonus for the soldier and number of other sources as it only gets broken with with high phy res + and very high levels of armor.

They are powerful but at the same time they are what allows a ranged firestrike purifier(and a number of other ranged builds) to face tank in the current version of the game.
Any large nefs to those skill would make it nearly impossible to complete the harder content in the game such as crucible, roguelike dungeons and likely the upcoming shattered realms and make them far more gear dependent in the regular game content on the ultimate difficulty then they already are.

Edit: some clarification

Last edited by somnium; 12-03-2018 at 07:17 AM.