Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 01-25-2018, 06:18 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,204
Default

I'm confused about the vitality conversion of Frenetic Throw with the cold conversion of Speaker of the Dead. Like, does the former come first or does the second come first?

It seems to be the latter but then how can you convert the pierce in PB when it's already converted to vitality through Frenetic Throw?
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.

Last edited by Norzan; 01-26-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-25-2018, 06:22 PM
sfbistimg's Avatar
sfbistimg sfbistimg is offline
Lord Advocate
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
I'm confused about the vitality conversion of Frenetic Throw with the cold conversion of Speaker of the Dead. Like, does the former come first or does the second come first?

It seems to be the latter but then how can you convert the vitality in Frenetic throw?
pierce is converted to cold 100% on phantasmal blades, when you pick frenetic throw since all pierce is already converted to clod the 100% pierce to vitality is ignored.

Then heartseekers vitality damage is converted to cold depending on how much vitality to cold you have.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:18 AM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
pierce is converted to cold 100% on phantasmal blades, when you pick frenetic throw since all pierce is already converted to clod the 100% pierce to vitality is ignored.

Then heartseekers vitality damage is converted to cold depending on how much vitality to cold you have.
What if you pick Frenetic Throw first and then equip Speaker of the Dead? Will Speaker of the Dead modifier still go first? I need to test this.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:04 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Default

Chthon, could you share with us PB damage statistic for Acid Based PB Witch Hunter build with picked Frenetic Throw? Would be interesting to see PB total damage and PB damage per damage type.

P.S: In vanilla game I was not able to get good acid damage boost for PB with Frenetic Throw.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
What if you pick Frenetic Throw first and then equip Speaker of the Dead? Will Speaker of the Dead modifier still go first? I need to test this.
Doesn't matter. The Skill mod would still take precedence

As long as you have Speaker equipped, skill mod would take precedence


Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Chthon, could you share with us PB damage statistic for Acid Based PB Witch Hunter build with picked Frenetic Throw? Would be interesting to see PB total damage and PB damage per damage type.

P.S: In vanilla game I was not able to get good acid damage boost for PB with Frenetic Throw.
As I said before I only posted a theorycrafted link to the concept extension section
I can make one in an hour or two by shifting gear from my other builds but right now I am sticking to a schedule

Schedule for now-

>Aether PRM
>Aether WK Might
>Cold Breaker (s) update (can mean one build or multiple)
> ???? (New Build(s), more than 1 possible)
>Possible update to Blood Pox build and/or Doom Bolt Pyromancer
>Retaliation Build update
>Pierce Blademaster Update
>Physical FW update
>??? (New Build)
>Acid Ranged update

I will post other stuff after this.

EDIT:

Added Cold Devastation setup
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 01-26-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:37 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post

As I said before I only posted a theorycrafted link to the concept extension section
I can make one in an hour or two by shifting gear from my other builds but right now I am sticking to a schedule

Schedule for now-

>Aether PRM
>Aether WK Might
>Cold Breaker (s) update (can mean one build or multiple)
> ???? (New Build(s), more than 1 possible)
>Possible update to Blood Pox build and/or Doom Bolt Pyromancer
>Retaliation Build update
>Pierce Blademaster Update
>Physical FW update
>??? (New Build)
>Acid Ranged update

I will post other stuff after this.
I see. You have really tight schedule.

P.S: If I have a time I will try to test your theorycrafted setup for Witch Hunter PB.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Doesn't matter. The Skill mod would still take precedence

As long as you have Speaker equipped, skill mod would take precedence
So skill mods come before the skill transmuters in the conversion order? Nice, good to know.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Evil_Baka's Avatar
Evil_Baka Evil_Baka is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
So skill mods come before the skill transmuters in the conversion order? Nice, good to know.
Same reason why M. Ulzaad's Channeler, M. Deathbound Amethyst and M. Speaker of the Dead don't total 100% Vitality to Cold, even with good rolls - because M. Deathbound Amethyst's conversion takes place first, then the remaining damage is considered in full for the other items as 100%. They're at completely different stages as you now know with skill modifiers on gear going first.

In the end, you only get around 77.5% Vitality to Cold conversion (25% + (75% * (45% + 25%)) to Phantasmal Blades.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Default

I did it! Below is PB damage statistic for Witch Hunter build with Frenetic Throw. The setup is not final and optimized - just to make quick test and overview.

Grim tools calc: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25wOamZ

PB damage statistic (under permanent buffs and Blood of Dreeg):



P.S: The PB acid damage is quite good compared to what I got in vanilla game (~8.5 times higher damage).

Last edited by Strannik; 01-27-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
I did it! Below is PB damage statistic for Witch Hunter build with Frenetic Throw. The setup is not final and optimized - just to make quick test and overview.

Grim tools calc: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25wOamZ

PB damage statistic (under permanent buffs and Blood of Dreeg):



P.S: The PB acid damage is quite good compared to what I got in vanilla game (~8.5 times higher damage).
Thanks for testing it
Modified the setup in the main post

EDIT
Going to post mine soon
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 01-27-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aether, cold, phantasmal blades, reaper, spellbreaker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.