Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Acolyte

Thks for the quick reply !
Old 11-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Acolyte

Is there any leveling guide for this build? Currently leveling, not sure whats the optimized skill path to go for
Old 11-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duabijitelur View Post
Is there any leveling guide for this build? Currently leveling, not sure whats the optimized skill path to go for
You can level as a gunslinger focused on Demo. Nothing really complex or detailed, just pumping Firestrike line and can use Grenado etc for nuking however you wish.

Or level with Forcewave which is exactly how i leveled, it is quite strong especially in early levels when you pump the skill to the max.
Just needs some energy sustain and i dealt it by slamming 4 Ectoplasms which was semi an overkill but after 30-40 with 1-2 items that grant energy and regen everything is smooth.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoWOgBZ

You can achieve this early game and just focus on rest of the line and other utilities as you seem fit.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Counsel

This build seems to have a lot of flat physical damage from multiple sources that doesn't get converted other than 50% from blitz which isn't even used in the default build? Whats deadly momentum for? More flat physical that has no -RR and is useless?

Last edited by spfun; 11-24-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Acolyte

I was actually thinking the same thing.

I looked at the gear and I didn't find any x% physical damage converted to fire damage, yet the author talks about the flat physical from Deadly Momentum being converted to fire damage.

Am I missing something?
Old 11-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfun View Post
This build seems to have a lot of flat physical damage from multiple sources that doesn't get converted other than 50% from blitz which isn't even used in the default build? Whats deadly momentum for? More flat physical that has no -RR and is useless?
Deadly Momentum is there to increase damage regardless and it shoots up Cadence Damage least 10k on proc so that is worth to get whether it is unconverted and physical.

You are forgetting the weapon's own damage is FIRE and has flat BURN on it so there is an amount of unconverted damage but compared to the Burn and Fire damage it grants, it is nothing..

This is just with auras on excluding in fight buffs and procs. Seems good for a 2250% Fire and 2288% Burn damage.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Acolyte

Thank you, I didn't notice that the weapon is 100% fire damage.

Have you considered using a weapon with 45% physical to fire conversion and using Blitz -> Blindside and Forcewave -> Internal Trauma (which will both have 95% fire damage) to apply burn via converted Internal Trauma?

I'm asking this because I am thinking about creating a similar commando and I would like to hear your opinion about it.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksajal View Post
Thank you, I didn't notice that the weapon is 100% fire damage.

Have you considered using a weapon with 45% physical to fire conversion and using Blitz -> Blindside and Forcewave -> Internal Trauma (which will both have 95% fire damage) to apply burn via converted Internal Trauma?

I'm asking this because I am thinking about creating a similar commando and I would like to hear your opinion about it.
I wanted to implement the Forcewave version eventually but wanted to play new masteries and got distracted.

I have theorycrafted a FW one in case you might want to check it out for ideas.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EoEL8Z

Shard of Eternal Flame is a BiS but i don't really like using rare items that provides specific resistances so thats why the amulet choice.

Last edited by Pyroscar; 11-26-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Can some explain what "ES" is? I can't find any skill in this build that abbreviates to ES. Is it supposed to be "FS" for Fighting Spirit? That seems odd though because Fighting Spirit isn't something you can proc at will.
Rhowan's Crown constellation ability Elemental Storm . I'll edit those in the build.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:58 PM
Speaker

Thanks OP for this build! Been having fun with it. Encountered Kupacabra for the first time in AOM today a few times while farming ugdenblooms and was able to defeat him/them every time with hit-and-run tactics.

Tags
bwc, cadence, commando, hc crucible, witchblade