Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 07-11-2018, 11:38 PM
Praetorian

Arrow [1.0.6.1] Frostdread Destroyer, Crucible King - Winter King's Might Infiltrator *170 approved ~9min

Another quick build post... I swear one day I will go back and expand on these

I know this has been done before, but none quite like this! The build uses the granted skill from Mythical Crown of the Winter King(duh!) to absolutely wreck things. You also have the very strong rune of Hagarrad to bring the pain and debuff mobs. (although often things die before the rune can even arm). Solid defense brought by overcap inquisitor seal, lvl 14 shadow dance, very high armor, good da, good leech, ton of freeze, blade barrier, and turtle. Ill say this... in the video i didnt even have barrier on my bar or turtle bound to a devotion because Im a noob. The damage output is capable of putting out under 9 min runs consistently with full buffs. In main campaign putting an ectoplasm on a ring probably wouldnt hurt, but generally between harp and energy pots you are good.

Grimtools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwgDYjZ
Unfortunately resists are a bitch to cap. You absolutely have to have stonehide stoneplated greaves. Kings or featherstep would be best for suffix but unless you're doing 3000-4000 crafts good luck.. Tbh there are many workable suffix, as long as you can use blessing of ulo the lack of stun resist doesn't really bother you. And the medal slot can be filled by anything with chaos resist. ikrix scale was chosen for extra hp and armor to compensate for lack of physical resist. dreadlord prefix on any green medal will work.

While farming the rings, if you manage to get Soulrend it makes a good hold over until you can manage to find the bane of the winter king sword.

The lulz why do you need more damage than the original one version:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jKGdqV
Features dying god with ghoul and bat to make up for defense loss... no amatok, but winterkings might hitting for 141% crit damage more than makes up for it.

Video:
150-170 (169 & 170 in 1min starts at 7:34)
both rounds mobs had Resistant mutator so they had an extra 15% elemental resist

Dummy Reset

Last edited by Valinov; 07-13-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:12 AM
Praetorian

Inquis override

Thing certain stuff has to be changed since censure is so convenient for so many elemental builds.. Inquis also has enough crit to again override storm pact

Something like better shaman mods
Old 07-12-2018, 07:06 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
censure is so convenient for so many elemental builds..
More like all elemental builds that can have inqui. I've never played rune mage hunter due to censure being mandatory RR (can't use star pact)

@Valinov have you tried blue rings? The OA feels so awkward for me even though that's a bit usual for infiltrators. Just swap a venomguard for kingsguard somewhere to cover up the lost pierce res.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Emissary

Infiltrator OP, plz nerf

Someone on this forum asked for Winter King build, seems the perfect answer.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Someone on this forum asked for Winter King build, seems the perfect answer.
That's me!

As of now I am using the old Winter King Build which is Spellbreaker, killed the loghorrean (Ultimate Difficulty). I'm on the road to Malmouth!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Campaigner

Just what I was looking for. I had an old 85 Winter King Trickster that I was trying to improve, but I've been on an Inquisitor kick lately. Now I've got another build to level up!

Keep it up the great builds Valinov!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Advocate

This looks really, really cool. I've got an Infiltrator build using The Northern Wyrm right now, but I might give this a try once I find the helm blueprint (I think i have most/all of the other gear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
More like all elemental builds that can have inqui. I've never played rune mage hunter due to censure being mandatory RR (can't use star pact).
This right here is why resist reduction mechanics are inherently broken and need to go.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Praetorian

Lookin good. icicle build op

I did same thing kinda, but sentinel set+chillspikes with blades of wrath in the mix. ~pure cold chillspikes+blades of wrath is great fun
Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
This right here is why resist reduction mechanics are inherently broken and need to go.
If you want to remove RR then you'll have to change how resistances works too. The existence of enemies with more than 100% resistance to something makes it necessary. yes it's very strong but it isn't something that breaks the game. BTW, Krieg battlemage doesn't have RR in the class but is still a strong build.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Acolyte

Great guide. Sorry for the noob question, how do I get Stoneplate Stonehide greaves? Is that from farming Crucible or are they farmable in the main campaign?

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125501259/

Tags
cold caster, infiltrator