Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

It will be Act1 and it looks like play-time tends to be around 8-15 hours from the start to killing the end-boss. I think the shortest and longest times for first-time play-through were 6hrs and 21hrs. Then there is additional side content after that, which people have put additional hours into.

I think we may have over-shot our mark a bit on length as we originally said alpha would be 3-4 hours but I'm guessing no one will be upset about that. Alpha got delayed a bit but you're getting 2-3x the content we originally promised.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Initiate

Once again the level of communication is much appreciated and never mandatory.

I don't post often, however I have been reading steadily since joining.

Looking forward to a) helping with alpha/beta, and b) you getting over your current work hours. I am a workaholic and even when you love what you do, it can dish out a beating on your soul.

We salute you, and beer... mostly beer.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:06 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
I think the shortest and longest times for first-time play-through were 6hrs and 21hrs.
Challenge accepted!

I will take that 21 hrs and show it whose boss... i will NEVER FINISH!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
It will be Act1 and it looks like play-time tends to be around 8-15 hours from the start to killing the end-boss. I think the shortest and longest times for first-time play-through were 6hrs and 21hrs. Then there is additional side content after that, which people have put additional hours into.

I think we may have over-shot our mark a bit on length as we originally said alpha would be 3-4 hours but I'm guessing no one will be upset about that. Alpha got delayed a bit but you're getting 2-3x the content we originally promised.
Hopefully you can overshoot the future contents with Beta and Full Release that way GD can be a big game. Of course, if you fall short of it, there is the expansion versions to make it up. In the end, I do hope you do not encounter the same game-breaking bugs you guys are tackling, in the future (not guaranteed since it can still go wrong later on).

Waiting for: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods

Last edited by JohnNamikaze; 05-10-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: added emoticon
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 AM

Well, the good news is that, while I'm sure new issues will arise as we add / change things, we've had to do a ton of work to prepare for alpha that we'd normally not get to until the final release. So, I think once we get there, it should come a little easier (probably cursed for saying that).
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Campaigner

Awesome thread! Kudos to the maker!

Quote:
So, I think once we get there, it should come a little easier (probably cursed for saying that).
You probably shouldn't say those things, or else before final release we will have another round of impatience.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 AM

I know, I'm totally fucked now...
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
I know, I'm totally fucked now...
Hehe... probably.. but you know better than me, that either way (saying or not saying anything), its gonna come back and bite you in the ars!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Well, the good news is that, while I'm sure new issues will arise as we add / change things, we've had to do a ton of work to prepare for alpha that we'd normally not get to until the final release. So, I think once we get there, it should come a little easier (probably cursed for saying that).

Steam: fuzztron
Battle.net: Fussel#2472

Currently playing: PoE
Waiting for: Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth - Wolfenstein: the New Colossus - Dragonquest XI
Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Counsel

Quote:

OH MY GOD!!! 21 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For just act 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo hyped right now! I know that if one of the testers took 21 hours to play act 1, it will take me 25 hours as I really like to take things slow with a game I am really excited about! ACT 1 is longer than the entire normal difficulty of D3 and TL2! Please let this be true, please!!!

Tags
alpha