Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
The simple answer is that it would look terrible to stretch the toolbar across the entire width of the screen for every resolution. Would the skill icons and such become giant and stretched out or would they remain the same size resulting in excessive empty space around them? I think having the char portrait and mini map drop down at higher resolutions could be good and we've talked about doing that but like many minor features at least point it falls below "finish the fucking game" on the priority list.
That's a good point regarding screen resolution. And yes, +1 to finishing the fucking game

It is good to hear the particle effects will look good during the day. As always, I am impressed by the long strides Grim Dawn is taking with each major update, and partly why I didn't mind the lack of screenshots or video. It really enhances the wow factor when they are made public.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Acolyte

Screenshots look nice, but I'm not really a fan of the health bar, I think it'll be really difficult to read in combat.. overall the UI seems to hold a little bit too much information and looks rather confusing.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Speaker

I think the UI needs some work, cleaning it up abit and moving around some stuff.

Else it looks awsoome can't wait
Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Champion

Dunno I kinda like the UI with all this stuff in it. :/

"Buying things enhances my gaming experience."
Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Initiate

Yeah!! Grim dwan will be expected to me. Awesome!!
I love Titan quest, and also I love Grim dwan.
All Grim dwan developers are my hero.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Speaker

Default Wow

Incredible! Thanks for sharing. It looks like a GOOD steampunk UI... VERY HARD to pull off... If anyone here has ever played "Damnation" they know you can't pull off steampunk just by calling something steampunk... "Damnation" sucked IMO. I know you guys didn't call it steampunk but that is what it looks like to me in a VERY good way.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Also, this area, which is a trash littered slum with toxic rivers on the edge of another area aptly named "the dumping grounds" is mostly brown and greenish. I think there is a pretty distinct contrast between the color palette of this area and the lush green swamp, orange and red autumn forest, golden farmlands, etc.
I finally remembered why I liked this so much. In Breath of Fire IV you come through a similar area which I really really liked, a flooded town drowned by some miasma. That's what the dumping grounds remind me of.

"Buying things enhances my gaming experience."

Tags
day-night cycle, destructible environments, energy, graphics, screenshots, user interface, world