This is the last staff post in this thread.   #241  
Old 04-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

The common versions of MIs are by definition not Monster Infrequents as they are...frequent.

New MIs in the expansion do not have common variants at all so there's no confusion in this regard.

Would go back and eliminate the common version from base game monsters, but then we'd be turning some items into legacy versions, and perhaps somebody will want the sometimes different common version's appearance for illusions.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Um, the Game Guide states:So, by that definition there should not be any epic and legendary MIs... checking with Crate.

Not every rare MI has a common counterpart, but many do have one - e.g.:
Ok, now I see what you mean. But I won't add common counterparts to this category, because they are not unique per se. Personally I don't see any practical value if they were included in this list. By definition MIs are rare items tied to specific mobs, I've just expanded this term and also included epic/legendary variants of MIs, plus crafting recipes. In the end in my book MIs are now "unique 'non-rng' items that can be dropped from certain mobs" and I'll leave it at that.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Minister of Information

Given that Crate has stopped to create common versions for them (I was not aware of this), not including them, seems to be more reasonable.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Lord Advocate

-Permanent, Temporary and proc buffs what are they?
-Do you plan to enable assigning skills to atleast the LMB?
-That background image, where is it from?

All my builds can be found in the compendium and on my profile page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
What could it mean?!?
Old 04-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
-Permanent, Temporary and proc buffs what are they?
-Do you plan to enable assigning skills to atleast the LMB?
-That background image, where is it from?
Wrong thread. I've outlined the changes here.

Assigning skills to lmb/rmb/hotslots is in the roadmap, but there's no much use of it, apart from telling what skills the char uses, and it's not difficult to implement. I'd like to show real values in the tooltip for these skills though, but it's much more difficult as I'm still not sure how dps is supposed to be calculated.

The background image is from game resources, it's actually a part of the scene shown in char selection background.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Champion

Hello! Thanks for this tool, it's really helpful.

I have a small issue though: in the past when I start a research the tab would freeze a few seconds before giving a result. I mean freeze not as in "load a new page" but as in freeze the entire browser. And now it doesn't work anymore and after a while it asks me if I want to stop/debug/continue this script : http://www.grimtools.com/db/itemdb/db.js?1492102168:94.
Looking at items by category works fine, only the research is broken for me.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
Hello! Thanks for this tool, it's really helpful.

I have a small issue though: in the past when I start a research the tab would freeze a few seconds before giving a result. I mean freeze not as in "load a new page" but as in freeze the entire browser. And now it doesn't work anymore and after a while it asks me if I want to stop/debug/continue this script : http://www.grimtools.com/db/itemdb/db.js?1492102168:94.
Looking at items by category works fine, only the research is broken for me.

Thanks in advance!
Hey! Not really sure what might be causing it, might be just an issue with cached file version or something. Have you tried to clear browser cache and check if the issue persists? And what browser/version you are using?
Old 04-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Champion

I'm using Firefox 50.1.0.

The crash disappeared now, but grimtools still locks all the other tabs while it displays "building the database". Anyway
Old 05-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
I'm using Firefox 50.1.0.

The crash disappeared now, but grimtools still locks all the other tabs while it displays "building the database". Anyway
Yeah, when db is built it needs a lot of cpu to format all item card texts. This is not too big of an issue in chrome, because each tab has its own process making script execution independent, but in ff it uses the same thread for all tabs if I'm not mistaken, locking all other tabs while the script executes. I really hope that you don't use several tabs for search, because that's not how it's supposed to be used It's a single page tool after all, it always was and always will be.