Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfarmery View Post
If the TQ devs want to avoid another botched release
I'm actually curious about "who" the devs actually are. Is it some internal Nordic dev team? Or did they contract a smaller dev.

Edit:
Looking at Ragnarok it is a dev team named Pieces Interactive..
https://store.steampowered.com/searc...%20Interactive

Seems they've done work for Paradox as well. So it is an outsourced team it seems.

Edit 2:
An outsourced team now owned by Nordic. If there is one thing Nordic loves, it's the owning. Of things.
http://www.piecesinteractive.se/

Quote:
In 2017, Pieces Interactive were acquired by THQ Nordic after working with the expansion for Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Ragnarök.

Last edited by powbam; 02-12-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Praetorian

Nordic has been acquiring a lot of dormant franchises lately. So yeah, they seem to like owning things.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:31 AM
Supporter

I still hope for some kind of a sequal to TQ Pretty sure it's not gonna happen but I can't help it. TQ is one of my favorite games of all times, just because of the atmosphere and the setting alone.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:14 PM
Praetorian

Adding content is nice, but frankly the only thing that would make me buy the Ragnarok expansion is if they add another layer of customization for your character. Something alike the devotion in GD or the passive tree in POE.
Something that add more depth would be welcome.

I also like the atmosphere of the game but adding more masteries or items won't do it for me! Especially since Grim Dawn have the same dual mastery mechanic but have a lot more feature that gives more depth to the game and caracter customisation! The devotion and damage conversion have a lot to do with it
Old 02-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTek View Post
Adding content is nice, but frankly the only thing that would make me buy the Ragnarok expansion is if they add another layer of customization for your character. Something alike the devotion in GD or the passive tree in POE.
Something that add more depth would be welcome.

I also like the atmosphere of the game but adding more masteries or items won't do it for me! Especially since Grim Dawn have the same dual mastery mechanic but have a lot more feature that gives more depth to the game and caracter customisation! The devotion and damage conversion have a lot to do with it
imo the problem with tq lies mainly in its engine. crate spends a lot of time to tweak and upgrade tq engine for gd, that it almost looks like a different engine.

things like devotion system added to tq would mean thq nordiq (or is it piece interactive? i can't tell which one is the main developer)
needs a lot of time tweaking the old tq engine
(probably more time than what crate has spent for gd early access, i dunno).

so they settle with adding more items and mastery in ragnarok.
most notably they added unique skills to several epic/legendaries/mi to give more build varieties or something.

however, their activation mechanics are clunky compared to gd's superior devotion procs which can be attached to skills.
*Turn Bang Bang Bang into Bang Bang Clicky Bang*