Old 01-21-2019, 05:48 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstalix View Post
Congratz becoming a Praetorian bro . Well deserved too if you ask me
Thanks! I am glad that I was one of the chosen, so I can update my tool in advance.

Quote:
I have something in mind but the thing is that not many ppl check your first post for the most issues.
I'm thinking talking with one of the moderators in here to let us add 2-3 more posts below your first post so i can move on with a Q&A
and due to this tool configurability(is that even a word?) you provided, it actually demands for that Section
It's not necessary to insert a Q&A section under the first post;
A simple link to a "Grim Internals Q & A" thread (e.g. in "Tutorials - Modding and Help" would be enough, imo.

Will do it next week; atm I have not much time. (FG, you know... )

Quote:
Also.............since....you have become a tester ....could you...i mean...if its possible...to..(hides behind a desk)... MOVE ON FROM 32 MAKE IT WORK ON 64BIT ? HELL YEAH!!!
Let's see...
Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 PM
Advocate

Some Q&A for GrimInternals
Disclaimer
To edit the GrimInternals.ini file open it up with any notepad programs you prefer.

Q: First of all how does this interact with multiplayer? Does it affect it at all?
A: It has nothing to do with Single or Multiplayer games since it loads from the .exe of your client.

Q: Why it doesn't let me run it? It was saying something about permissions etc. Well?
A: Try telling Grim Internals to run with Administrator rights, some builds require that.

Q: No matter what I do the tool is not working at all. Why?
A: This is not a proper question, be more specified in your issue meaning that you have to explain which way you used to install/start the tool and of course if you are using the Steam or GoG version.

Q: Why this tool is dropping my framerate like there is no tomorrow? Is there anything I can do?
A: The author of the tool has done his best to make the tool as light as possible but in the end he came in conclusion that the engine of the game is very limited and old and no matter what you do will have some loss depending of your rig.
First of all you can start by disabling the DPS meter from the configurator window and in the GrimInternals.ini file set the trigger of this HealthBarsFarDistance = 40.000 if its more than that. Make sure your gfx drivers are up to date.

Requirements:
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.2 or newer

Q: Ok I did everything you mentioned above about the framerate etc but still I get some loss? Anything else to consider?
A: Make sure your gfx supports DX11 cause the game runs with it in default. For some players its better FPS to make sure that you add the /d3d9 in the the shortcut of the tool you added in the Steam Library(right click on the shortcut and then press -> set launch options and add the command there)

Q: How can I know which version of the tool I am using? Well ok it works but which one I have?
A: From versions 1.70+ of the tool there is a small mention of the tool's version right after the clients version. eg: 1.0.7.1(GI v1.72a)
And in game (game session, not character select) press Ctrl+F5 and look on the upper left of the GrimInternals configurator window.

Q: I play with my friends and the Autoloot doesnt work. Is it not MP gaming compatible?
A: Auto-loot is not working on servers with the non-instanced loot checked.

Q: The tool gives me an error while I'm trying to run it such as Grimdawn.exe has wrong filesize! What is going on?
A: It means that the game client got an update while your GrimInternals is an older version. The author is kind enough to keep us pleased by updating for both Steam/GoG versions in a maximum of few hours after the update comes up to his perception. Well he has a real life too right? Be patient.

Q: I made sure that I did what the first post explains for the installation but the tool still refuses to work.
A: If you are sure that you did everything properly try to re-add the tool's .exe in the windows defender or ANY other antivirus exceptions you have because sometimes after updates in the so called Anti-viruses they might re-add it back in the blocked list.

Q: Hahaha I got you again! It still wont work no matter what! I have the Codex version and its UP to DATE both game AND the tool too!
A: There you go it IS your loss. The tool DOES NOT WORK ON Pirated Versions of the game.

Q: Is there a way to launch the tool with the game properly with Steam Big Picture enabled?
A: Add the tool to Steam and run it from there.

Q: My game always freezes for a second when I die. Why?
A: It generates a screenshot of your death which causes the described lag. To disable this behavior in the GrimInternals.ini and set the PlayerDeathScreenShot= to False

Q: The autoloot is great but why the Vital essences/food too? I don't want to autoloot that even on my maxed constitution. Anything here?
A: Edit in the GrimInternals.ini the PotionConstitutionMin=75.000 to any number you feel like. The 75.000(75%) is has means that to autoloot the essence when your constitution reaches 74%.

Q: This tool keeps getting blocked from my Antivirus saying its a trojan. How DARE you?
A: *Sigh* No its not a trojan you mappet. This tool(as far as I understand) loads up a .dll into Grim Dawn's memory right before the game and the Anti-viruses think that its a malicious attempt. This behavior is suspicious ._.

Q: Omg I use 4k resolutions and I cant see anything from the Infoboxes! Any fix?
A: Open up your GrimInternals.ini and search for "InfoBoxFontSize". Set this to 20 or 24 and do the same on the"InfoBox2FontSize".

Q: How do I turn off health bars for pets but still turn on health bars for monsters??
A: While In game session press Control+F5 and click on 'Hide Player pets' and close the configurator.

Q: I enabled the 'Show Skills Cooldown' option but the cooldown of the skills starts countdown when they get to the last 5 seconds why?
A: Edit in the GrimInternals.ini this option of SkillsCooldownThreshold=5.000(default) to any number you want. The 5.000 means it will show the last 5 seconds of the cooldown.

Q: Can I disable all the floating texts for autoloot items like iron, crafting components etc?
A: Open up the configurator window with Ctrl+F5 while in game and click checkbox to disable all floating text messages (aka Khai-Mode).

Q: I searched high, I searched low and I cant disable the names from the Bosses or hero monsters etc. Is there a way?
A: Open up your GrimInternals.ini and search for AlwaysShowBossName=True and set it to False

Q: While I was playing I realized there is nothing on the floor from the loot for sometime now. And loot filter is set on common! What is going on?
A: There is an option to disable all items ignoring any option you have for the filter. This is very useful when you expect a big fight with many monsters and hero globes on the ground so its not very messy. Press X on the keyboard to enable/disable.

Q: I like the sound FX you added for the legendary drop but I can't hear it sometimes,especially when I play with friends.
A: This actually its the game's engine limitations. Sometimes too many sounds during the fights occur and since the tool uses one of the 64(?) channels to play it maybe there will be none available. Game engine limitation sorry.

Q: That purple beam for the legendary items looks neat but the beam is moving around, is it bugged? Can I turn it off?
A: The beam replaces the stars sparkles that are already there and are hardcoded to appear randomly here and there on the surface of the dropped item. It cant be changed tho, so If you want to disable it edit in the GrimInternals.ini LootBeam=True set to False.

Q: The second Infobox shows a "Current Life %". What does this mean?
A: Some abilities reduce enemy health by a percentage of their current health. This damage is the so called "unspecified type damage"

Q: While playing the game and I open up the GrimInternals.ini whatever I try to edit there even if I save it nothing changes.
A: Any change you do IN the file while the game IS running will no be saved even from the configuration window. Close the game - edit the file - save the file. Start the game again.

Q: You know what?This tool is like cheating! I consider it a cheat especially the autoloot! What were you thinking?!
A: As the author said: "This tool is not responsible for any kind of damage this tool made to your hardware or your brain." I didn't see any button like : press F for full health or invincibility or anything. Its mostly for QoL purposes, play fair.

Last edited by Darkstalix; Yesterday at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I am doing do the start for you bro
I will add these here and in my post about the health bars(if its possible) and i will keep updating with other things i have there
Add it in your first post too just in case
Thanks for your work!
Much appreciated!

I'll post the stuff in my first post, but I'm not using a link, because
this will cause the whole post to be centered aligned
and that is hard to read sometimes.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockenGerda View Post
Thanks for your work!
Much appreciated!

Try to place this link, not direct link to post. It works correctly and addresses you to post in line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-22_092442.png
Views:	26
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	20586  
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Thanks for your work!
Much appreciated!

Oh god the centered view of this is horrible indeed lol

Try to re-add it back into your first post i finished up with a lot of typos i had which im sure would confuse peeps
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Try to place this link, not direct link to post. It works correctly and addresses you to post in line.
This is a very valuable hint, thank you very much!
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Oh god the centered view of this is horrible indeed lol

Try to re-add it back into your first post i finished up with a lot of typos i had which im sure would confuse peeps
I can add a link now ...
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Advocate

Quote:
I can add a link now ...
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
Initiate

First and foremost, congratulations to GlockenGerda for your promotion to Praetorian status! It is well-deserved and a reflection of your contributions to this community. As you mentioned, hopefully this may allow you to work on a future 64-bit version of Grim Internals but I would completely understand if you cannot support it. Grim Internals is the only mod that I use and such a major QoL improvement that I would prefer to play the game on 32-bit with Grim Internals than 64-bit without.

I have just a minor QoL suggestion- is it possible to prevent further autopickup of health and spirit potions beyond 99 so that it doesn't take up more room in your inventory. I know it's only a tiny amount of inventory space but it's also annoying having to sell the excess potions. Anyway, it's really because I'm pedantic/lazy/OCD about these things