Old 01-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by socum View Post
As a lifetime D2 fan I must say your mod is so far the best D2 mod I have ever tried!!
Thank you very much for your efforts!! cant wait to try the full version of it.
Cheers!
Cheers, 0.4.0 update which is going to bring whole Act 4 and some other awesome stuff is coming next month so stay tuned.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Advocate

So, Uber bosses and Pandemonium event are what you do after you beat Hell difficulty? Tried my hand at one just to see what it was like, took like 6-7 minutes to get through off Uber Duriel's HP. I'm guessing it's intended that you party for this stuff?
Old 01-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
So, Uber bosses and Pandemonium event are what you do after you beat Hell difficulty? Tried my hand at one just to see what it was like, took like 6-7 minutes to get through off Uber Duriel's HP. I'm guessing it's intended that you party for this stuff?
That and Secret Cow Level. People have better chance to beat ubers in MP game if they support each other with different buffs / synergies but that does not mean you cannot defeat them on your own (as you have already found out). Ubers will be changed in the next update (lower lvl, higher hp and better loot to compensate). The problem with ubers and their balancing is that I can easily kill them with one build within couple seconds and with other builds I cannot even scrach them so not all builds will be able to farm ubers efficiently, that's just a fact.

Anyway, in Act 6 there will be some brand new endgame content that I plan to implement so there's more to come.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:33 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
That and Secret Cow Level. People have better chance to beat ubers in MP game if they support each other with different buffs / synergies but that does not mean you cannot defeat them on your own (as you have already found out). Ubers will be changed in the next update (lower lvl, higher hp and better loot to compensate). The problem with ubers and their balancing is that I can easily kill them with one build within couple seconds and with other builds I cannot even scrach them so not all builds will be able to farm ubers efficiently, that's just a fact.

Anyway, in Act 6 there will be some brand new endgame content that I plan to implement so there's more to come.
Couple seconds? I'm running 7 skeleton warriors, 7 skeleton mages, Reven for HP regen, Oak Sage and it's passive along with skeleton mastery and summon resist. Highest damage from the mages so far is almost 82K damage. What kind of build could go through that much HP in a few seconds? Duriel seems to be immune to slow effects but thankfully the reduce target's damage seems to work.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:39 PM
Initiate

What are you plans for this mod when it is complete? I'm loving it!
Old 01-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Couple seconds? I'm running 7 skeleton warriors, 7 skeleton mages, Reven for HP regen, Oak Sage and it's passive along with skeleton mastery and summon resist. Highest damage from the mages so far is almost 82K damage. What kind of build could go through that much HP in a few seconds? Duriel seems to be immune to slow effects but thankfully the reduce target's damage seems to work.
Definitely not a pet build. Most ubers are demon-type and you have many D2 unique / set / RW items that have % damage increase to demons. Pets cannot use those bonuses, only player and player scaling pets (mercenaries) can. Therefore the best builds for ubers are usually weapon users with life leech and lots of % damage to demons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
What are you plans for this mod when it is complete? I'm loving it!
When it's complete I want to move on the next project which is going to be a brand new game because that has always been my dream and now with the knowledge I have, it is finally possible.

Last edited by Ram; 01-19-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:06 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Definitely not a pet build. Most ubers are demon-type and you have many D2 unique / set / RW items that have % damage increase to demons. Pets cannot use those bonuses, only player and player scaling pets (mercenaries) can. Therefore the best builds for ubers are usually weapon users with life leech and lots of % damage to demons.

When it's complete I want to move on the next project which is going to be a brand new game because that has always been my dream and now with the knowledge I have, it is finally possible.
Considering how scarce health potions are when you start, I don't really see myself ever making another char. Currently Necro/Druid is about as safe as i can be. With Druid Oak Sage I max out at almost 18.4K HP, trouble is when I was in the uber area the damn beetles that do the area attack when even just debuffed can kill me in about just 3 hits from that area spam if i don't have them debuffed. And all my resists are maxed as well. And as it is now it's pretty easy to build this 'build', just max out both skeletons, skeleton mastery, summon resist, Oak Sage and its 2 passive and put rest of points into Amplify damage and its 3 passives. Don't even really need Golem. 5+ minutes on Uber Duriel and think possibly 1 single skeleton warrior may have died.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:26 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Considering how scarce health potions are when you start, I don't really see myself ever making another char.
And I thought that this game is all about making different builds and trying new stuff. I don't know if you have noticed but you can buy potions from vendors... or you can use shared stash so this is really not a good excuse.
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Not really sure what you mean because RoT uploads on this forum are managed only by me. If you play some other modified version then obviously I am not in control of the changes made there.

Anyway, none of the issues you mentioned (except Teleport skill requires target -> which is intended) are present in the official RoT 0.3.0 HF1.
in my case, because I am located in China. and downloading huge files from "outside world" is almost impossible without VPN and network booster. So we would mostly download it from local cloud storage sites just like mega. However like in this case, sometimes extra stuff would be added to it along with localization work by local modders per their interest.
I didn't know what was added before I got the reply from you, and started to ask around in our chat groups. Again my apologies, Mr Ram.

Please keep up the hard work, we are really looking forward to its full realease, 2019 possible?

Always our utmost respect for you sir!

Last edited by ABCbarbecue; Yesterday at 03:37 AM.

Tags
diablo 2, map, mod