Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Praetorian

"focusing fire when he was in his blade armor"

Were you attacking him when he was using Blade Barrier? Because you should not actually attack him when he uses it because he will be immune to damage and reflect the damage back to you.

Or maybe i'm reading that statement wrong.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
"focusing fire when he was in his blade armor"

Were you attacking him when he was using Blade Barrier? Because you should not actually attack him when he uses it because he will be immune to damage and reflect the damage back to you.

Or maybe i'm reading that statement wrong.
That is correct. I was an idiot, but I learned the fourth or fifth time Menhir's Will procced.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder_Lalatina View Post
Hello,

First time poster here with several questions regarding killing Fabius on elite. If this is not the correct place to post these kinds of questions, please point me in the right direction.

On the topic in question: My MC was a sorcerer with barely any resistances but which did a respectable amount of damage. With luck and some kiting I was able to wipe both Chtonian and Aetherian nemesis bosses so I thought I would tackle on Fabius.

I was one-shotted.

Fair enough, sorcerers are glass cannons but I had no legendaries whatsoever and I read that Fabius was the quickest way to purple pants.

I re-rolled a warder, beat both normal and elite without any issues. My resistances are all 80, deffense Rating in the low 2000's and I still got one-shotted.

Two shotted, actually, because Menhir's Will activated first.

My question is this: how can a 2 handed, physical-pierce-bleed warder both out-tank Fabius' bullshit (one on one, no mobs around) AND pack enough punch to overcome his life leech? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Show your build in grim tools. Is your armor absorption high enough?

Is it a DoT build? you won't life teal much so you'll depend on Totem a lot for heals.

Tags
fabius, nemesis, warder, warder tank